No announcement yet.

HSTouch Android Client 1.0.0.94

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got a new phone - Sony Xperia Z1 Compact with android KitKat, and put the latest HStouch client on. Unfortunately android has dropped the OS level menu button, and as soon as I select a non default project I lose access to the project settings button. I tried to add one back in using the latest HS2 HSTouch designer (v1.0.0.76), but there is no action to bring up the settings menu.

I know this issue has been around for a while, does anyone have a workaround? As it currently stands I have no way of selecting a different server.

Also scaling is completely borked. I cant see why it's so hard......
    Edit - StatusColours AltText is also broken, shows a number instead of my custom text. Time to find an earlier version APK!
    Last edited by aXis; August 14, 2014, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Use the HS3 Designer, you can then deploy the HS3 project with the HS2 Designer if needed. The HS3 Designer has the action to launch the menu. As for scaling, the default project settings for the screen size are probably not set right, they have to match the sizes you are setting for the screen.

Originally posted by aXis View Post
      I just got a new phone - Sony Xperia Z1 Compact with android KitKat, and put the latest HStouch client on. Unfortunately android has dropped the OS level menu button, and as soon as I select a non default project I lose access to the project settings button. I tried to add one back in using the latest HS2 HSTouch designer (v1.0.0.76), but there is no action to bring up the settings menu.

I know this issue has been around for a while, does anyone have a workaround? As it currently stands I have no way of selecting a different server.

Also scaling is completely borked. I cant see why it's so hard......
      Edit - StatusColours AltText is also broken, shows a number instead of my custom text. Time to find an earlier version APK!
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
        Use the HS3 Designer, you can then deploy the HS3 project with the HS2 Designer if needed. The HS3 Designer has the action to launch the menu. As for scaling, the default project settings for the screen size are probably not set right, they have to match the sizes you are setting for the screen.
        I saw a bug update saying something was fixed in a later version... can't seem to find it

Comment

Still confused here... are you saying you can use the HS3 designer and create a project for HS2?
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

You can the file format is the same, but the hs3 designer will not connect to an hs2 system, so you have to deploy with the hs2 designer.

Originally posted by langenet View Post
            Still confused here... are you saying you can use the HS3 designer and create a project for HS2?

Comment

ok... Thanks
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Rich,

I am still getting a TON of FC with my deployment. It happens when you have a deployment built for one size and the device you deploy to has a different resolution. I sent you my deployment but never heard back from you.

When I run a logcat after the app crashes, I get no exception or error entry in the log...
                Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

That is really odd, if the app suddenly quits it should log the exception.

Can you re-create it doing a specific action, or is it just random?

What ver of Android does it happen on? Can you try a new device with Android 4.4 and see if it still happens? 4.x has new memory management and this might tell us if its a "running out memory" issue.

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
                  Rich,

I am still getting a TON of FC with my deployment. It happens when you have a deployment built for one size and the device you deploy to has a different resolution. I sent you my deployment but never heard back from you.

When I run a logcat after the app crashes, I get no exception or error entry in the log...

Comment

That is really odd, if the app suddenly quits it should log the exception.
                    I know, that is why it is very hard to trap the condition.

Can you re-create it doing a specific action, or is it just random?
                    It is very recreatable.... Design the project for 800x480, as an example, and then send it to a tablet with a larger res. The project will load just fine but then when you go to click an image, it will take you to the right screen but images will drop, then as you keep moving around the screens have less and less on them and then you get a crash. In some cases, you get a crash the first time you try to go to a screen.

I made a project for tablets with a 800x480 screen yet when I send the project over to another higher end tablet or phone with a larger res but smaller screen, I get problems. Android used to have a way to force an app to load in a certain resolution but, that seems to have been deprecated.

What ver of Android does it happen on? Can you try a new device with Android 4.4 and see if it still happens? 4.x has new memory management and this might tell us if its a "running out memory" issue.
                    This happens on just about any version of android past 4.2 as that was the last version that had the force res on app setting. I am testing on SamsungS5, LG G2, G3, Note 3 and others.

The thing about the memory is that is works just fine on my tablets that have the res native to the project. The phones have twice or three times the RAM as the tablets that work ok so it can't be that.

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Bump...

Comment

good news

I started building a new scaled down designer project that work for my phones (Android Motorola Droid4). While doing so I think I found an issue that may have caused some instability with my wall mounted tablet sized project. I had a 3d rendering that was very large in size. Almost twice the resolution that I loaded on my sprinkler page. This is the page that most consistently caused crashes. I am assuming that this was the cause or at least a partial cause of my instability. I am continuing to monitor but things seem generally more stable.

I did install 1.0.107 as well because of the fixes etc.
                        Last edited by skarragallagher; October 15, 2014, 04:04 PM. Reason: corrected version number

Comment

Originally posted by skarragallagher View Post
                          I started building a new scaled down designer project that work for my phones (Android Motorola Droid4). While doing so I think I found an issue that may have caused some instability with my wall mounted tablet sized project. I had a 3d rendering that was very large in size. Almost twice the resolution that I loaded on my sprinkler page. This is the page that most consistently caused crashes. I am assuming that this was the cause or at least a partial cause of my instability. I am continuing to monitor but things seem generally more stable.

I did install 1.0.117 as well because of the fixes etc.
                          Yes this is an issue however I thought it had been fixed years and years ago - I reported it on the old help desk and Rich fixed it although I was not sure what sort of fix was put in, I have never seen a warning or some such which I think would be welcome. I was not sure whether it was image size or pixel size (I was putting a 2000 odd pixel wide image on a tiny phone) that caused the issue but I think it would be better if there was a warning perhaps if the image was bigger than twice the width/length of the page or something...

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                            Yes this is an issue however I thought it had been fixed years and years ago - I reported it on the old help desk and Rich fixed it although I was not sure what sort of fix was put in, I have never seen a warning or some such which I think would be welcome. I was not sure whether it was image size or pixel size (I was putting a 2000 odd pixel wide image on a tiny phone) that caused the issue but I think it would be better if there was a warning perhaps if the image was bigger than twice the width/length of the page or something...
                            Maybe it cropped back up with the new designer/android builds.

Side note... does anyone know (with the default projects) how to get the pages that control devices (dimmer, on/off, door locks etc) to show an indicator that is not the correct device type?

For instance I am trying to modify every page to have an indicator that shows what my alarm status is. On these pages the icon changes based on the device type.

Is there a work around?

Comment

I have a new phone and did not looked to the app for a while ( think for about 4 months)
                              Since i am more busy again with the HA stuff going on here i noticed that on my galaxy S5 phone the app crashes allot.
                              When i disable the auto resize function all is ok, so there is some sort of a bug with the resize part and i believe to have read someone else experienced the same.
                              Just to let you know.

Comment

Working...
                              X