Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Netatmo - anyone want to write a plugin!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netatmo - anyone want to write a plugin!?

Hi,

I've just got myself a Netatmo weather station, and what a great device it is.... highly recommended, and great web portal, iPhone, Android and most importantly API support.....
    API info : http://dev.netatmo.com/

So, wondering if anyone else has one of these and if anyone was planning a plugin for Homeseer? Would be great to be able to collect CO2 levels etc....?

If I was clever enough I'd try and write some sort of script, but alas my skills fall far short of that...... I would pay for this plugin......

Thanks
    Alex

Wow, 1800 views and not a single reply.......!

Either people just want to know what a netatmo was, or they were too shy to say anything in this thread!

Anyway, for the sake of any future people trying to embed netatmo data in HomeSeer, I now have managed to write a python script that creates relevant devices and then imports (and updates every minute) the following data (if available, i.e. some of these fields only get created for the internal sensor, as the outdoor sensor has less measurements):

Co2 level (indoor only)
    Temperature (indoor & outdoor)
    Noise level (indoor only)
    Humidity (indoor and outdoor)
    Pressure (indoor only)

As they are devices, you can then trigger actions from them, e.g. kick in an extractor fan if Co2 levels rise too high etc.....

Let me know if you're interested in trying this - you need a Netatmo though as you have to enter your own account details for it to pull the data back from the Netatmo web api.

Cheers
    Alex

Comment

Alex,

Any chance you can post the Python script you created for this?

Comment

Hi,
        A netatmo plugin for hs3 is available here http://www.touteladomotique.com/foru...p?f=71&t=12979
        Plugin is done for french users but works. You Will just have to change directly on the device the suffix for the degree.
        SD

Comment

Hi Alex,

I am very curious to try this script you wrote for this unit. Where can I find the HS2 version of your script?
          Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Steph@ne thank you for the plug in.

However I can't get my values in homeseer. The only value that seems to be collected is the wifi_status. The others don't seem to update and didn't get an initial value. Could you tell me what I am doing wrong?

Comment

Hi Andro I experienced the same so wrote my own plugin, which I'm currently testing. If I get some confidence that it works, I'm willing to post it here

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

thanks.. I would be very interested. Please contact me if you want me to test it also.

Comment

Originally posted by Andro View Post
                  thanks.. I would be very interested. Please contact me if you want me to test it also.
                  Hi Andro,

I send you a personal message with my email address so you can contact me. If I have your email I will send you the plugin for testing/using

Regards,

Jelmer

Comment

Hi,

I'm willing to test to!

Thanx
                    HJ

Comment

I just acquired a Netatmo Urban Weather Station and will be creating an HS3 plug-in for it.

Regards,
                      Ultrajones
                      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Great .. although I have a plugin that works I am always interested to see a new one. Let me know if you want me to test it. I have the NetAtmo and rainsensor.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                          I just acquired a Netatmo Urban Weather Station and will be creating an HS3 plug-in for it.

Regards,
                          Ultrajones
                          Great - I just purchased on today and am also very interested in a plugin...

Should I just follow this thread for any news of updates? I'd be interested in beta testing too if that helps. Do you have a rough idea on when you think my may have one whipped up and ready?

Thanks

Comment

I started a new thread here:
                            http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...51#post1131851
                            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Working...
                            X