Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EchoCancellationMode ???

Hi Spud,

can you explain how the EchoCancellationMode works, I have my Kinect connected to my HTPC, which is connected to my amp via HDMI could you explain what input /output is being monitored for this to work, or am I expecting too much for the Kinect to filter out the noise coming from my 7.1 speaker system

Thanks

the echo cancellation mode is supposed to filter out the audio that goes through the speakers that are marked as default in windows. To know which output is the default one in windows, go to control panel > Sound.

here is a method to see if it is working correctly:
    - set the log level to Trace for the kinect plugin
    - on the plugins > Manage page tick the "Developper mode" checkbox
    - restart the kinect plugin
    - play a movie with some dialogues

if echo cancellation is off, you should see in the kinect console that the plugin tries to recognize the dialogues as HS commands

- set echo cancellation mode to on

you should now see in the console almost no log traces from the voice recognition engine

that being said, I have read that there has many issues with this feature: doesn't work with digital audio outputs, can stuck the VR engine after some time, etc....
    I'm not sure what is right or wrong, from my limited tests it was working with regular stereo speakers.
    So please test on your setup and let me know.

Comment

Thanks Spud will check it out,

Comment

Working...
      X