Z-wave .177 in updater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pete View Post
    Or convert your Hometroller to Linux. You don't need a GUI anymore to run Homeseer 3.

I am testing a Hometroller S2 with Ubuntu 14.04 Linux and it is doing well; way better than XPE on it for Homeseer 3.
    If I went with Linux, I assume that would involve re-writing scripts and vb executables that I wrote to command Windows do things. Since I am Linux ignorant there would be a steep learning curve, which means many man hours. I travel a lot these days and since I can't access the Hometroller remotely since the HS3 upgrade, I have to do wait until I get home - if I have the time.
    At some point, I want to play with Linux since you and others praise it so much. I've heard that it is a lot more stable than Windows. Can you run Windows programs on Linux? Maybe the old Pro-100 is a good candidate for a Linux test bed since it's not very useful otherwise. I could take it with me and play with it after work.

- Robert

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      The fun vs frustration part implicitly states that I have frustration, but on balance I have more fun. As for minimum system requirements, I have run my HS3 system on an Atom D525, 4gb RAM, Windows 7 and a decent SSD. It ran fine and I think 2gb would be adequate. Just stepping down to a D510 made the platform marginal. That is for my system with 12 or so plug-ins. My VM is the equivalent of an i3 with 4gb RAM - that is my minimum. Certainly the core program with 1 or 2 primary technology plug-ins and HSTouch would have less overhead.

Maybe XPe is part of the problem with the old Hometrollers running HS3. I searched for W7e when my S4 SSD died but could find it locally (and I needed the system operating immediately).

- Robert

Comment

Quick question. My Z-Wave plugin has updated to v178, is there a description of what changes are included?

Comment

Does anybody know if I have to upgrade HS3 to use this beta? I'm still on .96, but I'm not sure if I should upgrade or not..

I'd like to test if Linq has finally made it in, and the new JSON functions, but so far HS3 has been very stable, and I don't want to ruin WAF (and my own sanity).
          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
          Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
          on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
          WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

No you don't (have to upgrade HS3), the beta is separate.

Comment

And for me .178 is working perfectly. Crossing fingers!
              HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

installed .178 and i am now getting this:

Z-Wave Multilevel Sensor device 1st Floor Hall Trane Corp Temperature Node 33 Child is missing Sensor Type information - cannot update sensor status.

any ideas?
                HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
                53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
                https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

You did try a rescan?

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                    You did try a rescan?
                    yep light and deep , im wondering if the device type has changed because it looks like there may be a new device that work in conjunction with it.
                    HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
                    53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
                    https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Okay, so you'll want to do this - on the node:
                      - Test Connectivity
                      - Optimise
                      - Fully Optimise
                      - Scan
                      - Scan

That's how I fix these issues and it generally gets it going. If it does, I scan until its happy...

Comment

Good tip from Schnark

That is what I do.
                        The only thing I would add is if this does not work, remove the node from the device mgr Zwave page, multiple times if it takes that to tell you removal succeeded. Do not remove node from the ZTroller or usb stick with Delete button. Now. From the Zwave Ctrlr page use the import from controller and rescan command. Ignor errors. The device will be readded with same node number as before.
                        Now start repeating Schnark's procedure again. This works 98% of the time for me.

Good Luck.

Comment

I lost the ability to control my two Qees dimmers.
                          ... or the command is processed with a craaazy delay, I'm not sure.

I send a command, I can see the (stupid) LED lights on the plugin dimmers reacts, and normally the light should come on/off/be dimmed/whatever, but nothing happens.

The strange thing is that I can still control them via association.

Other than that, .178 is the best version yet for me. (But I last upgraded to .150).

Comment

I figured out the Qees dimmer problem. The "ramp on/off" rate was somehow reset to 300 seconds, so now they work like they should.

.178 has been rock solid so far!

Comment

And for those that are brave, .179 is now in the updater. I checked Bugzilla and don't see it referenced in any of the bugs so not sure what it's supposed to address. I'm happy with .178, so I'm not planning to upgrade for a while.

Cheers
                              Al

EDIT: Rich just mentioned .179 in this post: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=50
                              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

No guts, no glory Running the update.

Comment

Working...
                                X