Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon00 Remote Computer Control & Network Monitor (HS2, HS3 & HS4)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the way, just sent a donation, this is a great app!

CM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
    Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Thanks very much.

I'll modify the script so this issue is resolved in the next version.
      Jon

Comment

sounds good, thank you for all of your help!!!

CM
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
        Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
        Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Hi Jon,
          Great plugin! Just setting up and I'm using currently only for monitoring (no WOL). I have added wireless (and other) devices that sometimes are disconnected or off. I get this error in the log:

Code:
          11/24/2011 6:23:56 AM  - Jon00_RCCNM - Error in GetHost function: (EPSON556E51 No such host is known)
          Where EPSON556E51 is in the IP address of the device. I understand why I'm getting this, just wondering if there's a way to not log the error so the HS log is "neater". I've tried the various "Do not log" choices in the device and event but it still appears.

thanks again,
          Aldon

Comment

It's not a logging function per say as the script is throwing an error.

I'm not quite sure I understand the 'EPSON556E51'. Are you saying that you have put this entry as the IP address or just using that text as a mask to post on this board?

If the former, have you tried to use the actual IP address for the device?
            Jon

Comment

Hi Jon,

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
              I'm not quite sure I understand the 'EPSON556E51'. Are you saying that you have put this entry as the IP address or just using that text as a mask to post on this board?

If the former, have you tried to use the actual IP address for the device?
              Yes, EPSON556E51 was in the IP address and it was found when the device was powered on. When I replace with the actual IP address it works OK (doesn't throw the error when powered off).

Since the printer is setup with DHCP I didn't want to have to chase IP addresses if/when they change.

thanks,
              Aldon

Comment

Aldon,

Please leave the IPaddress entry as the actual IP address.

Make sure that the correct MACAddress for the printer is entered and set HosRes="1". The IP address will then be dynamically changed/updated.
                Jon

Comment

guess I should have read that part of the manual a little closer...

thanks for your help. appreciate the work you've done (and continue to do). heading over to donate money for my Jon-ware.

thanks,
                  Aldon

Aldon,

Please leave the IPaddress entry as the actual IP address.

Make sure that the correct MACAddress for the printer is entered and set HosRes="1". The IP address will then be dynamically changed/updated.

Comment

Originally posted by aldonc View Post
                    guess I should have read that part of the manual a little closer...

thanks for your help. appreciate the work you've done (and continue to do). heading over to donate money for my Jon-ware.

thanks,
                    Aldon
                    Thanks very much! Things like that are easily missed.
                    Jon

Comment

Just istalled it, great stuff.

One problem: 08/12/2011 17:18:25 Error 1 Running script Jon00RCCNM_A.vben("clientstatus","") :method not found
                      Any thoughts?
                      sigpic
                      A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Gogs,

Please show me a screenshot of your event action for the script.
                        Jon

Comment

{rant on}
                          GAHH...Windows 7 Updates!
                          {/rant off}

So, I dont use the WOL that often. It was working on my system a while ago. DEFINATLY works with XP on the machine. Installed Windows 7. Searched ALL over Google. Found 4-5 things that people do to get WOL working. after attempting 3 of them, machine was working.

Have not had to use this in a while, due to kids using the HTPC...it's generally on.

Last night, tried to turn it on. Some Windows UPDATE disabled WOL. That's the ONLY thing that changed since the last time I hacked at the machine to get it running.

Not looking for a solution (unless someone has one). Just complaining. It took SO much effort to get it working last time. I fear it will be more effort than last time.

If I didn't really use the SUPER DUPER higher speed networking and file tranfer capabilities of Win7 (Over XP), I'd go back just for my HTPC so I could get WOL working again.

--Dan
                          Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Win 7 should not block WOL. Check your network card properties in Device Manager and click on the advanced tab. Look for WOL or Wake on Magic packet and set it to enabled.

If that fails, go to your bios and see if that has a WOL setting.
                            Jon

Comment

started working tonight...computers...
                              Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Gogs,

Please show me a screenshot of your event action for the script.
                                As requested Sir, OK I cannot show it so it's attached.

I also noticed this error message in the log when I tried to wake up a computer "09/12/2011 17:34:06 Jon00_RCCNM Error in send subroutine: (Object reference not set to an instance of an object.)"
                                It was working OK yesterday.

Thanks.
                                Attached Files
                                sigpic
                                A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Working...
                                X