Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New version V0.7.2.2 is released. (See post #1 to download).

Change log since V0.6.2.2:

- Exiting the Script Client now shuts down all running scripts.

- If you exit the script client, and restart it, scripts won't be recompiled anymore (unless they have been modified).

- Plugin API has been renamed for consistency reasons:
    hs.Plugin("Script Connector").ExecRemoteSub( scriptClient, scriptFile, param )
    object = hs.Plugin("Script Connector").ExecRemoteFunc( scriptClient, scriptFile, param )

- New plugin API added, that returns a string array with the list of connected Script Clients
    string[] = hs.Plugin("ScriptConnector").ClientList

- New #USING directive available within scripts to use other namespaces.

- The hs object is now global and available within the whole scripts. In previous versions, the hs object was only available to the main class, and it was necessary to pass it as a variable to other classes within the script.

- New sh global object (ScriptHost) available within scripts. The sh object API is the following:
    sh.SetContext( keyString, paramObject ) <-- Save an object within the script client
    object = sh.GetContext( keyString) <-- Get an object previously saved
    boolean = sh.ExecLocalSub( scriptPath, paramObject )
    object = sh.ExecLocalFunc( scriptPath, paramObject )
    boolean = sh.ExecRemoteSub( scriptClient, scriptPath, paramObject )
    object = sh.ExecRemoteFunc( scriptClient, scriptPath, paramObject )
    string [] = sh.ClientList <-- List of registered Script clients as a string array
    string = sh.ClientName <-- Name of the running Script Client

- New Distributed Media Player remote script, in the Scripts/Media directory

The Distributed Media Player scripts currently only work with VLC Media Player (ie you must have VLC 0.8.6 installed on remote computers). There are stub control scripts for Windows Media Player and WinAmp, but they are not currently implemented.

The Distributed Media Player scripts allow you to play music and video files on any remote computer with the Script Client running and VLC installed. You can take control of the remote media player from any other computer with the Script Client Running.

Run the script media/control.cs to launch the Distributed Media Player control Window from any computer.
    Edit the GetVideoDirectory.cs and GetMusicDirectory.cs scripts to change initial media directories on each remote computers (these directories default to Documents/My Music and My Videos).
    Edit the GetMusicPlayerType.cs and GetVideoPlayerType.cs scripts to allow or forbid playing remote media on each computer.

You can also use the Distributed Media Player features from any HomeSeer script or event (I mean without using the Distributed Media Control Window Interface). Ask me for more info about this.
    Last edited by stipus; September 9, 2007, 01:18 PM.
    --
    stipus

Comment

I found I have one computer here, where the distributed media player doesn't play anything... (No problem with 4 other computers).

I tried to play several files, and it just does nothing on this computer, and there are no error messages. VLC version installed on this computer is 0.8.6c.

I tried to debug the script, but everything looks ok... the VLC object replies it's currently playing but I hear nothing for music files, and I get no video window for movies...
      --
      stipus

Comment

Script Connector plugin V0.8.2.2 is now available from the updater.

Change log since V0.7.2.2

- Removed expiration date.
        - Made the plugin a paid plugin ($29.95).
        --
        stipus

Comment

Stipus,

Couldn't see this one in the HS store to purchase?

Cheers,

Darren

Comment

Yes .... it takes a while until they update the store... I had to remind them 2 days ago for the Skype plugin, as the first trial would expire on the 15th of September.

As there is a 30-day trial period, it's not really urgent, but if there is anything to sell, I'm sure they'll do it quickly... Do you want me to tell Mark that some board users already want to buy the plugin ?
            --
            stipus

Comment

2 new Distributed Media Player control packs available for Winamp.

Distributed Media Player

The Distributed Media Player is a set of remote scripts installed with the Script Connector plugin. The goal of the Distributed Media Player is to control any media player on any computer from any other computer. Currently VLC, winamp2 and winamp5 are supported.

To run the Distributed Media player on any computer running the Script Client:

--> HsScript.exe media/control.cs
              You should create a desktop shortcut to start it easily.

WinAmp 2.x Control pack

Prerequisite:
              - WinAmp 2.x Installed (Tested with WinAmp 2.95)
              - Winamp plugin WinAmpCom 1.30 must be installed (download from winamp plugin site)

Install procedure:
              - Download and unzip WINAMP2_Control.zip
              - Copy Interop.WINAMPCOMLib.dll to the HomeSeer 2 directory
              - Copy WINAMP2_Control.cs to HomeSeer 2\Scripts\media
              - Edit HomeSeer 2\Scripts\media\GetMusicPlayerType.cs to return the string "WINAMP2"

WinAmp 5.x Control pack

Prerequisite:
              - WinAmp 5.x Installed (Tested with WinAmp 5.35)
              - Winamp plugin ActiveWinAmp must be installed (download from winamp plugin site)

Install procedure:
              - Download and unzip WINAMP5_Control.zip
              - Copy Interop.ActiveWinamp.dll to the HomeSeer 2 directory
              - Copy WINAMP5_Control.cs to HomeSeer 2\Scripts\media
              - Edit HomeSeer 2\Scripts\media\GetMusicPlayerType.cs to return the string "WINAMP5"
              Attached Files
              Last edited by stipus; September 14, 2007, 06:48 PM.
              --
              stipus

Comment

I tried it with my Winamp 2 setup and it works fine....

Joel

Comment

How'd you do that!?

Stipus,

Your Script Connector seems great but it's a bit more than I need (at least for the time being). I'm trying to do something very simple: I wrote an external application (it's a .WSC) using vbscript and I want the application to be able to execute a Homeseer script. Is there a simple way to get a reference to the HS object to do this? How did you do it in your plug-in?

Thanks,
                  Jerny

Comment

I'm using GenuineChannels and .Net remoting but it's a bit complicated for what you want to do. The easy way is to instanciate a HomeSeer 2.Application COM object, and use the Connect() function.
                    --
                    stipus

Comment

One new Distributed Media Player Control pack for Windows Media Player Audio

The Distributed Media Player is now compatible with:
                      - VLC 0.8.6
                      - Winamp 2.x
                      - Winamp 5.x
                      - Windows Media Player (audio only)

Install procedure:
                      - Download and unzip WMPAUDIO_Control.zip
                      - Copy Interop.WMPLib.dll to the HomeSeer 2 directory if it's not already there
                      - Copy WMPAUDIO_Control.cs to HomeSeer 2\Scripts\media
                      - Edit HomeSeer 2\Scripts\media\GetMusicPlayerType.cs to return the string "WMPAUDIO"
                      Attached Files
                      --
                      stipus

Comment

Would you be interested in a remote script that would be able to control any parameter of the Windows Mixer on a remote computer ?

This means from HomeSeer you would be able to remotely change the Windows master volume on remote computers (and any other parameter available from the windows volume control applet on the remote computers).
                        Last edited by stipus; September 15, 2007, 02:44 PM.
                        --
                        stipus

Comment

I found a way to control the Distributed Media Player from my Pronto remote.

The remote PC runs VLC + HsScript Client and is connected to my video-projector and my AV Receiver.

- The Pronto remote sends RF X10 commands for each button PLAY (F1-ON), PAUSE (F2-ON), STOP (F1-OFF), ... etc

- The RFCOM RF receiver sends the X10 command to the HomeSeer server

- On the HomeSeer server, I created events triggered by each X10 command.

- Each event uses the Exec Remote Script action with the following parameters:
                          * ScriptClient = Name of remote computer running VLC
                          * Script = media/VLC_Control.cs
                          * Parameter = PLAY / STOP / PAUSE ... etc

Nice !
                          --
                          stipus

Comment

I am itching to use this plug-in but so far have not thought of anything that I would use on a regular basis. It would be purely for hobby which mya be reason enough.

I have not delved into distributed audio as it seems that family is content on listening to single source of audio in a given area and possible a second source of something completely different. We almost always play music with home stereo units and rarely play music on computers even though the PC sound systems are rather decent.

I do use my Windows Media Center PC running HS for storing and playing music on main home theater system. But, we do not control what is being played remotely. The XBox 360 (acting as Media Center extender) remote is used. HS only comes into play by shutting down system if no motion is detected in the room for over 60 minutes (ala DooMotion) or there is a UPB switch at top of stairs to Family Room (located in basement) that has a link to shut everything off. The UPB link uses UPB for lighting but Ocelot/SecuIR to turn of A/V equipment.

So, given what I have described. Does anyone have an idea for which I could use the Script Connector Plug-In? I could run line out of Den PC to Den stereo AUX and then remotely control music via Speaker client running on Den computer. That might get family to use it if it can be controlled with verbal commands. Then, I could use the no motion logic to turn this off remotely from HS PC if no one is around.

Stipus, remote control of mixer on another PC sounds interesting...
                            Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                            My Hardware & Software

Comment

You can review the Remote Script Gallery http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=123250 to find what you can do with the plugin.

Currently, I use it to broadcast messages from HomeSeer to all computers using the marquee script, to remotely play music and videos using the Distributed Media Player scripts, to control my AV receiver through remote RS232 from HomeSeer, to quickly switch on/off lights using the remote_light.cs script, and I also use the remote_thermostat script a bit.

As I have many computers at home, and the Script Connector can link them all to HomeSeer, I hope to find more ideas in the future...
                              --
                              stipus

Comment

One new Distributed Media Player Control pack for Media Player Classic !!! Media Player Classic is the lightest and one of the best media players available.

All options of the Distributed Media Player are supported, including volume control (Up/Down/Mute), FullScreen for videos, media queuing...

The Distributed Media Player is now compatible with:
                                - VLC 0.8.6
                                - Winamp 2.x
                                - Winamp 5.x
                                - Windows Media Player (audio only)
                                - Media Player Classic (tested with version 6.4.9)

Install procedure:

- Download and unzip MPC_Control.zip
                                - Copy MPC_Control.cs to HomeSeer 2\Scripts\media
                                - For Media Player Classic remote Audio, edit HomeSeer 2\Scripts\media\GetMusicPlayerType.cs to return the string "MPC"
                                - For Media Player Classic remote Video, edit HomeSeer 2\Scripts\media\GetVideoPlayerType.cs to return the string "MPC"

Run Media Player Classic once on the remote computer, and activate the WINLIRC option:
                                Menu View / Options - Player / Keys. Check the WINLIRC checkbox. The textbox should show "127.0.0.1:8765"

<!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->
                                Attached Files
                                --
                                stipus

Comment

Working...
                                X