No announcement yet.

Most Reliable Weather Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decided today to create one graph with the three weather instruments via MCSTemperature. I will put a link on the two websites posted above that just shows the following graph when there is more data. Right now getting maybe double/triple wind speeds with the AAG versus the Fine Offset and Davis.
    Attached Files
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Getting more data now on the MCS graphs. Really big difference with the AAG anemometer. Now I can also tell that the Fine Offset is mounted too low; so will really need to put it somewhere else. Its so small / light it'll be a bit easy to mount. It will hold up probably with the "winds" but may be affected by say an ice storm.

I am uploading the graph to another web link via FTP every 35 minutes.

I am doing a direct feed from the Temp-08 AAG device and indirect feeds from two instances of Cumulus running on two boxes talking XAP. I have mapped the XAP devices to HS variables and put the variables in the MCSTemperature DB. Also testing a HS Peer written plugin which taps directly to the Cumulus program getting variables from that directly and putting them in a DB. The basic serial port connector for the Davis Vantage view is not a logger; but rather just a direct link to the console. Cumulus is doing the logging. The serial traffic is via a Quatech box on the network. Some folks are also running Cumulus concurrently with HS on the same box.

http://lockport3.golffan.us/

Here's a live view of it.

Last edited by Pete; December 16, 2011, 07:00 PM.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Off on a tangent set up a weather station software piece on one of the Dockstars. It a bit like Cumulus only it doesn't have the XAP stuff to it; but very nice. It works with the Fine Offset or Davis.

Its called "WVIEW" and it can be found here. Took about 5 minutes to set up. I tried both the downloaded script and the APT. Installation was plugnplay for both methods.

http://www.wviewweather.com/
        Attached Files
        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I've registered on wunderground. How do I go about sending my data from my RFXcom sensors to them?

Comment

I utilize a program in Homeseer called WeatherUnderground. Its been around quit a long time. You just configure the weather variables in the dropdowns and run an even every 20-30 minutes or so. You can also upload a webcam picture with the same upload.

You utilize your name and password configured in the WUN setup.

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=965186

Attached is a picture overview of the configuration setup stuff for WUN as an FYI.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Pete; December 19, 2011, 06:39 AM.
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Pete, how long does it take to get weather underground OSS password for your station?

Comment

About a day or so.
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Does OS have a barometer sensor? I can't find in the sensors where it says it does. I thought the wind vane would do it, but it doesn't state it.

Comment

Personally I have a 1-wire Hobby boards Barometer (many years now).

The Fine Offset and the Davis Vantage view have barometer sensors.

What weather station and software are you using?
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I dont have any actual station atm. I am building up a Oregon Scientific one with the different parts.

Comment

I have the -20 Temp / humidity sensor right now. Im looking at getting the wind vain and the rain gauge. I didnt plan on buy a device to read it all, since I want HS to read it.

Comment

Sorry for posting all the time here. Work don't let me fully use the forums. For some reason the plug in isnt sending the data to WU. It's send info every 20 min as the WU log says, but the data is empty.

http://www.wunderground.com/weathers...p?ID=KNYWHITE9

Comment

Yup, Check on the status of the WUN upload as pictured above making sure you have some variables to upload. Anything data wise uploaded will show up on the WUN site. It'll take a bit to start seeing it on the WUN site.
                            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Pete,
                              I confirmed my settings. I should be sending out _3 and _4. which is my outside temp and humidity. The data is being sent to UW but not showing up. It has been almost 24h of sending data. I do ge this in the log.

GetNumbersOnly: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.File name: 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' at Noebl.Wunderground.Comm.GetNumbersOnly(String inString) at HSPI_WUNDERGROUND.main.GetNumbersOnly(String inString)WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Comment

The newest version of the WUN upload changed a bit with two files instead of one for the plugin. Not sure if one missing would cause your issue. Try installing the plugin again and see what happens. Turn on the debug log. When the debug log is enabled you'll see each of your variables being uploaded.
                                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                                X