HS - Oregon Scientific WMR80A Wireless Weather Station & related questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS - Oregon Scientific WMR80A Wireless Weather Station & related questions

I've spent a couple of interesting hours reading through the various threads and posts on Weather Stations. Then I saw that HS is selling the Oregon Scientific WMR80A Wireless Weather Station. I am curious if anyone has experience with this Weather Station and could compare/contract it with e.g. Davis, Ambient, Fine Offset, etc., from personal experience?
    Ideally I'd like a soil moisture sensor too, but I'm struggling finding that option in an easy to integrate package.
    Any thoughts?
    All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

In weather stations you get what you pay for. I had an Oregon station and it lasted about 6 months and was destroyed in a tornado about 4 years ago. I then upgraded to a Davis Vantage Pro wireless and I love it. It's a much better built station and has been running non stop since installation. I use Weather Display software which has comes with some scripts that update several devices in HomeSeer that can be used as trigger inputs.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hi Rupp, thanks for the response, I'll revisit the Davis Pro again to compare. I do need the pool floating temp sensor too so I wonder if I can still get the Oregon Scientific THWR800 with the RFXCOM receiver and that will also work with the Davis Pro?
      Secondly, did you ever have a need for soil moisture sensing? Thanks.
      All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

While not as nice as a Davis Pro; I have a Davis Vantage Vue and its been working well these days. I also utilize Cumulus with it and the new available Cumulus plugin. Works great! I did get a deal for the Davis at less that $200 new open box.

I did also just install a Fine Offset (similiar to the Oregon Scientific) in Florida. It may not last though. I purchased this one for $66 new on Ebay.

Both of the buys were done around 3 AM or so.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
        X