Ademco Vista 20P Intergration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi folks,

I too have an Ademco. I've spent hours thinking about spending $$$ on ~15 DS10a's to cover my doors/windows, along with something reliable like a W800 or RFXcom. Then I ran across this thread about the AD2USB and panels like (I hope) my Vista 10se.

I run HS2 on a PC, not a HT. I am excited to think that for $80 + [plugin$] I could tie the whole A*T/Vista 10se panel in and all it's sensors right into HS2.

I noticed mention of all this with HT as an example but not necessarily HS2. So is a plugin still being finalized that would work for me, and is the assembly/physical install easy enough? I see the pic on the NuTech site with two boards, one with 4 terminals, one with 5 pins. Is it a straightforward hookup into the panel, then USB to the PC?

Thanks!!!
    DH

Comment

Originally posted by dhayner View Post
      Hi folks,

I too have an Ademco. I've spent hours thinking about spending $$$ on ~15 DS10a's to cover my doors/windows, along with something reliable like a W800 or RFXcom. Then I ran across this thread about the AD2USB and panels like (I hope) my Vista 10se.

I run HS2 on a PC, not a HT. I am excited to think that for $80 + [plugin$] I could tie the whole A*T/Vista 10se panel in and all it's sensors right into HS2.

I noticed mention of all this with HT as an example but not necessarily HS2. So is a plugin still being finalized that would work for me, and is the assembly/physical install easy enough? I see the pic on the NuTech site with two boards, one with 4 terminals, one with 5 pins. Is it a straightforward hookup into the panel, then USB to the PC?

Thanks!!!
      DH
      DH,
      I have been working on the plugin for the vista panel with AD2usb interface. An HT is just special hardware running HS2. Thus the plugin is designed to work on any version of HS2. The plugin is ready for use, i just need to get the license key worked out with HST.

As for connecting the AD2usb, yes the hookup is straight forward. the device does come assembled and in a case. I used a cat5 to connect the panel to the interface.

You should check with nutech.com to make sure the 10se is compatible with the ad2usb
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

The Vista Alarm plug-in for the AD2USB is avail for download

see the following thread in the NEW Ademco Vista Security Plug-in (3P) forum

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=136099
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by The Doge View Post
          I would be interested for my Vista panel. I was planning on changing it out down the road to something that was compatible with HS
          did you ever look into purchasing the ad2usb for your vista panel?

the homeseer plugin is running great with a handful of users already using it.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
            did you ever look into purchasing the ad2usb for your vista panel?

the homeseer plugin is running great with a handful of users already using it.
            I'll vouch for both the plugin and the AD2USB.

It was easy to install.. and has added a huge amount of functionality for my system.

If you have a vista 20P alarm.. (Mine is an ADT clone.. safewatch 3000) then this thing is the best investment in my system i've made in a while.
            Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

Hi,

I was wonder if anyone knew if the Vista 10se is compatible with virtual key presses so i can arm and disarm the alarm system via hstouch. Does this functionality need to exist in the panel or the nutech device.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kirving1 View Post
                Hi,

I was wonder if anyone knew if the Vista 10se is compatible with virtual key presses so i can arm and disarm the alarm system via hstouch. Does this functionality need to exist in the panel or the nutech device.

Thanks
                what do you mean by virtual key presses? are these the A to D keys on the keypad. they are supported by the ad2usb and the plugin

i'm not an hs touch user, but can you point the arm or disarm btn in hstouch to the buttons on the partition or system device?
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I don't have my alarm hooked up yet I was looking to purchase ad2usb but wanted an answer to this question first. In another post ( i can't find it to reference) Rupp responded to a questions asking if they could setup buttons in HStouch to arm and disarm there alarm. Rupp responded and said that its possible if the alarm supports "virtual key presses". This is why I was wondering if anyone had experience with the 10se to see if this was a possibility.
                  I could be way off and this functionality could exist in every vista alarm (or on the plugin side), just looking for a little advice.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by kirving1 View Post
                    I don't have my alarm hooked up yet I was looking to purchase ad2usb but wanted an answer to this question first. In another post ( i can't find it to reference) Rupp responded to a questions asking if they could setup buttons in HStouch to arm and disarm there alarm. Rupp responded and said that its possible if the alarm supports "virtual key presses". This is why I was wondering if anyone had experience with the 10se to see if this was a possibility.
                    I could be way off and this functionality could exist in every vista alarm (or on the plugin side), just looking for a little advice.

Thanks for the help.
                    well i know other hstouch users have built arm/disarm btns. the ad2usb basically provides the vitual key press idea. The entire alarm can be controlled via the plugin and the ad2usb. Get the ad2usb v2.2 for the latest hw/firmware/functionality. you may need to buy this directly from nutech.com

that fact that you have a 10se isn't an issue
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Sounds good thanks for the guidance!

Comment

question

is there an plug in for the vista 128bp control panel if so what is the cost

Comment

you need two pieces to support the vista 128bp (1) the nutech.com ad2usb ($88) and (2) the ademco vista alarm plugin (~$50)

check out the vista alarm forum here
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by jkarney View Post
                            I have seen and read somewhere on the board about a product called AD2USB Adapter for use on Ademco Vista series security panels made by Nu Tech Software Solutions, Inc.

http://www.nutech.com/nu-tech-shop/16.html

I'm really curious if a plug-in is being developed for this USB adapter. This appears to be a really simple way to integrate HomeSeer / HT2 with my installed Ademco Vista 20P panel. I really prefer smaller size of the AD2USB hardware compared to the Vista ICM.

I cannot code at all and would be really interested if a plug-in is in the works.

If a HomeSeer plug-in is developed I will be purchasing a AD2USB Adapter right away.

Cheers,

Jim

I have a Vista-20P. So, I bought a HomeSeer HS3Pro and AD2USB. The only plug-in they have for this combination is only for HS2, not HS3. So, I got fed up after full 4 days of run around. Even the people in these business do not know what they are doing !!! What a pathetic industry !!!

Comment

Originally posted by mishras View Post
                              I have a Vista-20P. So, I bought a HomeSeer HS3Pro and AD2USB. The only plug-in they have for this combination is only for HS2, not HS3. So, I got fed up after full 4 days of run around. Even the people in these business do not know what they are doing !!! What a pathetic industry !!!
                              did you do any research to see what was avail for sale or in the forums before making your purchases/decisions? I think you will find people are very helpful here but you have to have some patients and respect for everyone's time.
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mishras View Post
                                Mishras,
                                Mark is absolutely right! in the world of home automation you do have to be patient. And I get how you feel, because I've been there. But most of the people on here who contribute to this community do this as a hobby (This is not their full time job) therefore patience is a virtue do to the fact that they cannot devote all of their time to making our problems go away over night.
                                As far as this Plugin for HS3, it is available as -Alpha-, it does work, however you cannot install it via the HS3 installer, you do have to do your homework and research the how to's and such. Below is a link to the install thread for the plugin that Mark has created.
                                http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=165095
                                follow these directions closely (I didn't the 1st time and had to ask for help) and after I read them again I saw my mistake. Good luck and I hope you stick with it as the results are very rewarding!

Charles

Comment

Working...
                                X