No announcement yet.

Radio Shack IP Cams for $25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try as I may I cannot get the software to install on my w7 machine. I'm trying in compatibility mode, sp2, sp3, it seems to always hang on 99% extracted. any ideas?

Ian
    Originally posted by Pete View Post
    Updated FW on IPCams that I purchased. Easy. Here are the instructions. If you have never done anything like this or do not feel comfortable doing the firmware upgrade please don't attempt it; you can brick your camera.

Download the software used to flash the firmware at:

http://www.everbesthk.com/8-download...ade_207_XP.zip

Download the firmware to flash the IP camera at:

http://www.northq.com/download/9006/FW-NQ-9006.1009.zip

Install the software. Use compatibility mode if you are using W7. The application will not run in 64 Bit mode.

1 - Connect the included cable to the IPCam
    2 - Install the camera on the same network switch as the upgrading machine.
    3 - then insert a paperclip into the reset hole on the side of the unit.
    4 - While holding down the reset button, plug in the power adapter.
    5 - This will put the device into a firmware upgrade mode.
    6 - The power light should flash while the network light should stay solid

Firmware upgrade
    1 - You have the run the updater as THE administrator, not just as an administrator in MS Windows 7
    2 - Open the Upgrade Utility app you installed earlier,
    3 - select your current network adapter, the click browse targets.
    4 - If the application finds the device,
    5 - click on the Files button then
    6 - navigate to where you saved the firmware file.
    7 - Once you're ready, click on upgrade.
    8 - It should wipe the EEPROM, write the new firmware, then
    9 - verify that the image has been written successfully.

The process should take about 5 minutes or so. When it's finished, the device will reboot and once the power and network lights are solid, you should be good to go.

It will pull an IP from your DHCP server. The login is "Administrator" with no password (Blank).

This is the default screen of the IP Camera once you've updated the firmware.

Users of MS IE will need to download an activex component to use the camera.

References:

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthr...d=0&p=37696463

http://www.sercomm.com/SWI/GUI/PROD_IPS.htm

http://www.northq.com/docs/NQ9006-installation.pdf
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

No; try a XP boot diagnostic disk and see if that helps you. Here's a link I found doing a Google search.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthr...576933&page=17
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

For those with problems getting things to work under Windows 7

On my Windows 7 64 bit I loaded vmware and then loaded XP professional as a VM.
        It has solved a number of problems includding the ELK security administration software.
        Never could get them to work in compatability mode under Windows 7

Comment

installed xpPro on virtual machine. thanks for the tip. I installed the software, but in the instructions for flashing the firmware # 3 says,

3 - select your current network adapter, the click browse targets.

I never saw that...all i see is browse or exit. I am able to to get the device in flash mode, at least based on the power light flashing and the network light being steady. When I try to browse targets nothing shows up. any clues?

Ian
          Plugins:
          BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

You have to see the MAC address of the camera via the virtual NIC on the VM. Try shutting off the "default" enabled firewall on your XP VM and see if that works.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete,
              Thanks for the tip - no luck though.
              Plugins:

Comment

Not sure what's wrong w/my virtual machine, but I threw xpPro (the same one I put on the virtual machine) onto a laptop I have sitting around, and it was able to find the camera, so now I'm flashing 8 of them, and the fun starts!

Ian
                Plugins:

Comment

Good news there Ian.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I'm be incorrect but I was checking on my firewall and I noticed that these cameras are making connections to this location see print screen, including the internal ip cameras.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I see the same from the Camera. Its literally blasting the firewall every few seconds. I don't know what to make of it. Its using port 8802.

Code:
                      78.109.216.253 (0x4E6DD8FD.cust.taanx.net.vipgroup.dk)

BW whois 5.0 by Bill Weinman ([url]http://whois.bw.org/[/url])
                      Copyright 1999-2006 William E. Weinman
                      Request: 78.109.216.253
                      connected to whois.arin.net [199.71.0.47:43] ... 
                      connected to whois.arin.net [199.71.0.46:43] ... 
                      #
                      # Query terms are ambiguous.  The query is assumed to be:
                      #     "n 78.109.216.253"
                      #
                      # Use "?" to get help.
                      #

#
                      # The following results may also be obtained via:
                      # [url]http://whois.arin.net/rest/nets;q=78.109.216.253?showDetails=true&showARIN=false[/url]
                      #

NetRange:       78.0.0.0 - 78.255.255.255
                      CIDR:           78.0.0.0/8
                      OriginAS:       
                      NetName:        78-RIPE
                      NetHandle:      NET-78-0-0-0-1
                      Parent:         
                      NetType:        Allocated to RIPE NCC
                      Comment:        These addresses have been further assigned to users in
                      Comment:        the RIPE NCC region. Contact information can be found in
                      Comment:        the RIPE database at [url]http://www.ripe.net/whois[/url]
                      RegDate:        2006-08-29
                      Updated:        2009-05-18
                      Ref:            [url]http://whois.arin.net/rest/net/NET-78-0-0-0-1[/url]

OrgName:        RIPE Network Coordination Centre
                      OrgId:          RIPE
                      Address:        P.O. Box 10096
                      City:           Amsterdam
                      StateProv:      
                      PostalCode:     1001EB
                      RegDate:        
                      Updated:        2011-03-15
                      Ref:            [url]http://whois.arin.net/rest/org/RIPE[/url]

ReferralServer: whois://whois.ripe.net:43

OrgTechHandle: RNO29-ARIN
                      OrgTechName:   RIPE NCC Operations
                      OrgTechPhone:  +31 20 535 4444 
                      OrgTechEmail:  [email]do_not_email@ripe.invali[/email]d
                      OrgTechRef:    [url]http://whois.arin.net/rest/poc/RNO29-ARIN[/url]

#
                      # ARIN WHOIS data and services are subject to the Terms of Use
                      # available at: [url]https://www.arin.net/whois_tou.html[/url]
                      #
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I am seeing the same thing. I have 2 cameras and they are both sending something to 78.109.216.253

I added this URL to the "blocked" list in my router.

Steve Q
                        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                        2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

It seems that the nq is getting info constantly on that port. Not sure what. I blocked tha port but i m curious on what info they are collecting. I have 5 cameras.

Comment

That's a bit concerning - is there anyway to capture some packets to see what it is sending?

Comment

I think we are all using the same software that we got from the link posted in this thread. I have a feeling it is infected with a virus that is probably trying to send information; perhaps the IP address of the camera. Perhaps its harmless, but maybe not! I can't tell if my router is successfully preventing it from sending or not. All I can see are many log entries in the outgoing log; even after I added the IP address to the "blocked" list.

I agree we need to find out what information is being sent.

Steve Q
                              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                              2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

I'll throw Sniffer Pro on it and see what its sending. I don't think its a virus though.
                                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                                X