This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rupp,

There are some improvements in TEMP08 over TEMP05, and some differences, so I wouldn't call it a drop-in replacement, but it can very easily replace it.

Mitch
    http://www.midondesign.com

Comment

Mitch,

Here have one older Temp05 and two newer Temp08's. It's been years now and wondering when you upgraded the processor on the Temp08's. One that I have is really old and the other is newer. I don't pay attention as they have worked just fine. Two of the devices are mounted inside of one Leviton Can in a horizontal fashion where I cannot see the top of the boards. One is outside used mostly for testing stuff.

When did you change the Temp08's?
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
        When did you change the Temp08's?
        Pete: we went from TEMP05 to TEMP08 in 2003 and changed TEMP08 processors in December 2014. A complete history of changes is on the s/w vintage page.

Mitch
        http://www.midondesign.com

Comment

Thank you Mitch.

Like the implementation of an RTC on the newer Temp08's.

Curious what ever happened to those tiny (will take a picture of one) combination temperature and humidity sensors parasitic originally sold by AAG?

Not sure if the AAG design / devices came from Maxim at the time or was AAG's own stuff.

They are still working fine after removing them from one home and installing them in the newer home.

I have a few of those still ticking and a couple of the AAG newer ones (and a few of your company ones).
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
          X