No announcement yet.

Version 3.0.0.46 no worky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been running .47 for a week or so, and the only thing that doesn't work is user code saving. If someone could post their DSC.INI, I could see if the user code not saving is in the ui or the plugin by manually entering the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Crashless View Post
      I've been running .47 for a week or so, and the only thing that doesn't work is user code saving. If someone could post their DSC.INI, I could see if the user code not saving is in the ui or the plugin by manually entering the info.
      FYI, any user you add to the DSC plugin must already be listed in the 'Web/HStouch User Settings' page of setup.

- Robert

Comment

Originally posted by RJS View Post
        FYI, any user you add to the DSC plugin must already be listed in the 'Web/HStouch User Settings' page of setup.

- Robert
        Yeah, that's how users show up there in the first place.

I get the following error when I enter an Access Code and User number in the fields:
        Code:
        Mar-28 1:17:54 PM	 	Error	Posting back to plugin web page Device_Config: Conversion from type 'SortedList(Of String,UserCode)' to type 'String' is not valid.-> Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)

Comment

Originally posted by Crashless View Post
          Yeah, that's how users show up there in the first place.

I get the following error when I enter an Access Code and User number in the fields:
          Code:
          Mar-28 1:17:54 PM         Error    Posting back to plugin web page Device_Config: Conversion from type 'SortedList(Of String,UserCode)' to type 'String' is not valid.-> Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)
          The ini file doesn't have much. Here's mine:
          [Settings]
          ParentRefID=260
          [PED]
          BaudRate=9600
          COMPort=COM2
          Partitions=1
          Zones=1
          Debug=False

- Robert

Comment

Well that's disappointing. I thought the codes were saved there. Does anyone know where they are saved?

Comment

Add another to the list where 3.0.0.47 screwed things up. My devices weren't reporting status correctly, the zone devices didn't show up on the config page, and control buttons didn't seem to work.

Reverting to the 3.0.0.45 binary fixed it.

Comment

Having all the same troubles with 3.0.0.47 .

I'm really disappointed with the instability of these DSC alarm releases. HS3 isn't considered Beta any more is it?

In any case, it isn't obvious to me as to how to obtain a copy of 3.0.0.45 in order to use for downgrading. Could someone please advise. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by gear View Post
                  Having all the same troubles with 3.0.0.47 .

I'm really disappointed with the instability of these DSC alarm releases. HS3 isn't considered Beta any more is it?

In any case, it isn't obvious to me as to how to obtain a copy of 3.0.0.45 in order to use for downgrading. Could someone please advise. Thanks!
                  You should have a copy of .45 in your Updates3 folder inside the HS3 directory.

Part of the issue is that HST doesn't have a good program to solicit feedback during beta releases of their plugins. They are also not good at indicating what's changed in them so it's easier to watch for unexpected behavior (i.e. Is it a bug or a feature). .46 was released as a beta plugin and then released as a production release a few weeks later. I tried .46 during the beta cycle, had the same issues as everyone else here, and promptly backed out of the "upgrade". I did not post nor report the issues I had because bug reports seem to be falling on deaf ears lately unless it's related to one of the major initiatives such as z-net or Ifttt. The plugin author does also not seem to visit this section of the forum anymore. If this trend continues, I'll move to using Blade's DSC plugin as it gets supported much better. It will be another plugin in the long list of HST Plugins that I've paid for in my Pro license and ended up using a 3rd party plugin for instead.

Cheers
                  Al
                  HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                  Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                    If this trend continues, I'll move to using Blade's DSC plugin as it gets supported much better. It will be another plugin in the long list of HST Plugins that I've paid for in my Pro license and ended up using a 3rd party plugin for instead.

Cheers
                    Al
                    I may do the same. I won't post anymore bugs on Bugzilla since the community can't read them and get no feedback anymore.

- Robert

Comment

Where can I get a copy of HomeSeer DSC Security3.0.0.45

Hi Guys,
                      Where can I get a copy of 3.0.0.45 as I ended up uninstalling and reloading my HS3 and do not have it in the updates3 folder any more.
                      Any suggestions where I might be able to get it would be greatly appreciated.
                      Thanks

Comment

Looking for 3.0.0.45

I too updated to 3.0.0.47 and run into a lot of issues, including loss of communication with the panel. I had updated from an older version 1.0.0.34 which seems to have an issue not letting me disarm the partition(everything else works, including arming the same partition).

So I would like to try the 'last known good' version according to this thread which seems to be 1.0.0.45 but I never got it since I went from .34 to .47

Anyone care to contact me and send me the .45 binary directly?

That would be much appreciated.

Please email me directly at dphilippine at gmail

Thanks.

Comment

let me know if you get a copy, I need one as well

Comment

3.0.0.45 is attached.

Cheers
                            Al
                            Attached Files
                            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I guess Rupp is recommending a non-Homeseer solution. Read the last post.:
                              http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...12#post1174612

- Robert

Comment

Version 3.0.0.47 DSC plug-in

Just bought Homeseer Hometroller SEL (HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.163 (Linux))
                                DSC plug in ver. 3.0.0.47 with DSC Security 1832 Power Series plus it-100 communication board. serial connection on it-100 to USB port on Hometroller. Com port /dev/ttyUSB0 in installed plug-in, status OK.

Zone status info not correct on some zones. No response to control actions except for LCD update, LED status- Bypass.

Tech support hasn't got back to me yet.
                                Does anyone have information that can help me get this thing setup?

Comment

Working...
                                X