Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would think so, but I've never found it. you might post on the Scripts board and see..
    PI's for Dummies would be the next one I'd be looking for

Z

Comment

TED VB Script Conversion

Thanks....I will take a look and hope for the best.....

Comment

TED is working well for me in HS2 need HS3 pluggin

Originally posted by Daggy67 View Post
        Is this plug in popular enough to get an update, or patch to HS3. I'm 1 vote for such. How important is it and how far along will it take to become a member of HS3?
        TED is working well in HS2 I am even paid for the plug in I sure hop it is supported in HS3. Can not really see having to rely on a seperate web page to view energy usage or throwing away working hardware and buying something else something else to throw away when HS 4 comes around ????

Please provide an update

Thanks

Comment

If TED is not being supported in HS3 what next ??

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          See this spread sheet for the status of the plugins for HS3.
          http://cwsdemo.intergraphgovsolution...3PluginStatus/
          Curious the chart show TED is not being supported in HS3 ,, if so does the alternative "CurrentCost ENVI" support TED,,
          Really cant see having to buy and install new hardware every time HS has a new version ????

Comment

No the hardware isn't compatable. The Envi is a complete replacement for the TED.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

CurrentCost vs TED

Does anyone know if the CurrentCost Envi supports generation as power from a solar PV array. ALso can it calulate Net Energy Usage when a solar PV array is part of the usage model? I currently use a 4-CT TED 5000 and it can do all that. I might consider a switch if the CurrentCost will provide the same. I also saw that the TED was not on the list for conversion to HS3.

Comment

TED Plugin for HS3

I see that the status of the TED plugin for HS3 has changed from "not being ported" to "being evaluated for porting". Is this correct?

If the TED plugin would be ported, could we consider support for the up to 4 MTUs that an individual TED can support. I actually am running two gateway units, one with the full 4 MTUs and the second with 2 MTUs. I think the current TED plugin only supports NET output along with the other "over time metrics". I use the TED to measure usage from the grid and generation from my solar array. The current plugin does not allow for the tracking of solar generation as only NET output is supported. If the plugin pulls metrics from the lastdata.xml in the gateway, all this information is right there. Also TED can monitor one WiFi based thermostat and allow for status and basic control. this could also provide a built in basic WiFi t-stat controller and device status. I think these are the IPT1-4 values in the lastdata.xml file.

I hope you decide to consider this as we of us out there that have invested much in the TED system, are not excited about spending new money to switch to an entirely different monnitoring system. Some may also decide to stay on HS2 for much longer until something comexs along that allows for TED monitoring.

regards,
                Cliff

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                See this spread sheet for the status of the plugins for HS3.
                http://cwsdemo.intergraphgovsolution...3PluginStatus/

Comment

Originally posted by cbabkirk View Post
                  I will add my vote for an updated TED plug-in. I also use the TED 5000 with 4 MTUs. I have had no problems with stability after I decided to put the gateway and all 4 MTU supplies behind a wired in filter. So esentially all the TED stuff is isolated from everthing else. Being a bit frustrated with the net energy only values collected by the TED plug-in, I wrote a crude VB script that reads the LiveData xml file and parses out all four MTU values for power. Currently I run both the plug-in and the VB script only because I haven't had the time to duplicate everything the TED plugin can do in the VB script.

Because the TED 5000 can also monitor a WiFi thermostat, I was able to link it to the 3M-50 Wifi thermostat and now can also pull data temp, mode, and status data from the thermostat.

Since I also have a solar array, the TED 5000 monitors array generation as well (MT2). I can use that metric to trigger events or activate devices only when the array is generating over a certain KW output so esentially running those items for free.

So as you can see, having the TED plug-in work in HS3 is very important to me. We'll hang out in HS2 until more plug-ins are converted to HS3.

Good to see there are many others that want this plug-in to live on in HS3.

Cliff
                  Your solar array intrigues me. I have one too and I am in dire need to switch a battery bank on when my production kW number is higher than the demand. Feeding back into the grid is billed as load with the Itron C1S meter. The idea is to switch when on the dashboard monitor of TED 5000 (real time) the needle goes to minus. (when I over produce)
                  Unfortunately I have no clue of what to buy and how to manage to install this automation with the TED data from the router. I will need software and a switching module and someone to lead me in setting it up. I work with 4 MTU's and I can see the loads of the main, the loads of 2 other users and the production of the SOLAR group that is Grid tied. The TED is well configured and delivers reliable results. Thank you for your cooperation.

Comment

Just subscribed to this thread as I am also interested on having the TED Plugin supported on HS3.

So far the TED has been working great and also very accurate considering the cost.

Note.... Somehow the link with the Plugins that are or are not going to be ported to HS3 is not working anymore. Anyone got the new link?

Comment

Hello DVMDSC,

Just getting back to look at this thread. I am not holding out much hope for an upgrade to the TED plugin based on no one replying to questions about the status of the upgrade. Also I believe the original TED only handled one MYU. I have two gateways each able to support for sets of CT's. In the interim I have a crude vb script that pulls all the data out of the TED web site and feeds devices in HS2. I am still tweaking taht to work in HS3. I would rather do this with a plugin but am notthere on my learning curve yet. Would like to talk with you about your solar array sometime. My array uses Enphase inverters and I have a vb scriptthat can pull data out of the Enphase controller to get current and daily metrics as well as some health metrics like if all the invereters are "active" or not. HS has laready indentified a failing inverter using this script.
                      regards,
                      Cliff

Comment

TED Beta

IS the address for the TED 5000 beta still valid ? I'm getting a 505 error.

ftp://ftp.homeseer.com/updates/Beta/...TED1_0_0_1.msi

I found HS2 a new home & am trying to clean r up
                        Just asking,
                        Paul

Comment

Anyone know if anyone is working on a TED 1000 plugin for HS# yet? Or does the TED5000 one work with TED1000?

Comment

Working...
                          X