Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Instant Messenging Connector for Live Messenger and Google Talk (Jabber)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not 100% certain, but I think Microsoft stopped the MSN service a few months ago.

The IM connector can still connect to Jabber servers but the MSN feature can't be used anymore !

Best regards,

Stipus
    --
    stipus

Comment

Originally posted by stipus View Post
      I'm not 100% certain, but I think Microsoft stopped the MSN service a few months ago.

The IM connector can still connect to Jabber servers but the MSN feature can't be used anymore !

Best regards,

Stipus
      Hi Stipus

Thanks for your message.

I configured the IM connector to use jabber using a gmail account for homeseer and a separate gmail account to remotely access my HS2 server. If I send an IM from HS to the google web chat using a vb.net script with hs.plugin("IM Connector").SendMessage("xxxx@gmail.com", "Test message") the jabber message comes through ok with no errors in the hslog. The same applies if I use the IM Connector to send a message via Google to a remote Pidgin jabber client. If I type any letters in the remote jabber client every time I press a key on the remote machine I receive an error in hslog shown below:

29/12/2014 19:26:04 - IM Debug - IM Connector : Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

This error occurs if I use Pidgin as the remote client or if I use the google web client. If I change Pidgin to not alert end users if I'm typing to them I only see the error above in the hslog when I hit enter at the end of my message in Pidgin to HS. The IM Connector processes the request I type in via Pidgin, I just get these errors every time I send HS a message. The errors occur if I disable the debug feature in the HS Connector. I've set the IM connector to debug and sent my HS PC a couple of messages via Pidgin to explain what I mean:

29/12/2014 19:49:08 - IM Debug - IM Connector : Debug Mode activated. Waiting 0 secs...
      29/12/2014 19:49:08 - IM Debug - Loaded JABBER User remote.client@gmail.com - Access Level GUEST
      29/12/2014 19:49:09 - IM Debug - IM Connector : Debug Mode activated. Waiting 0 secs...
      29/12/2014 19:49:09 - IM Debug - Loaded JABBER User remote.client@gmail.com - Access Level GUEST
      29/12/2014 19:49:09 - IM Debug - JABBER settings loaded - User: localHSclient - Server: gmail.com - Port: 5223
      29/12/2014 19:49:09 - IM Debug - IM Connector : Found JABBER IO device ]1 - Name= JABBER - Location= IM Network
      29/12/2014 19:49:10 - IM Debug - IM Connector : JabberClient Connected to server gmail.com
      29/12/2014 19:49:10 - IM Debug - IM Connector : JabberClient Authenticated user localHSclient
      29/12/2014 19:49:10 - IM Debug - JabberClient OnPresence() event. Typ
      29/12/2014 19:49:27 - IM Debug - JabberClient OnMessage() event. Type = chat From = remote.client@gmail.com/Home22FBCF4E Body = event status
      29/12/2014 19:49:28 - IM Debug - JabberClient OnMessage() event. Type = chat From = remote.client@gmail.com Body =
      29/12/2014 19:49:28 - IM Debug - IM Connector : Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      29/12/2014 19:49:50 - IM Debug - JabberClient OnMessage() event. Type = chat From = remote.client@gmail.com/Home22FBCF4E Body = event test message fro pidgin via google
      29/12/2014 19:49:51 - IM Debug - JabberClient OnMessage() event. Type = chat From = remote.client@gmail.com Body =
      29/12/2014 19:49:51 - IM Debug - IM Connector : Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Google might be the cause of this issue, is there another jabber provider I could use instead that you would recommend?

Thanks

Comment

HS3 :-( please

Hello,

Any chance of an HS3 version please, so needing connectivity to my jabber server.

John

Comment

I am not getting any messages anymore with IM Connector from HS2 after march 30.
          The connection is still there.
          When I type HELP, I get the help screen on my mobile, but when an event is sending a message, I don't receive it.
          In the HS log I only see the event executing.
          Any thoughts?
          Peter

http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

Comment

Originally posted by JohnneyBoy View Post
            Hello,

Any chance of an HS3 version please, so needing connectivity to my jabber server.

John
            John,

Have you considered IFTTT instead? Might be a work around if you can't get your jabber server working on HS3. Of course, I don't know what you are using it for. Homeseer has an IFTTT channel now.

Seth

Comment

Working...
            X