Apple HomeKit use with HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The purpose of this thread is to get feedback from HS3 users about how you are currently using Apple HomeKit or how you would like to use it in the future.

I have multiple iOS devices. I use them extensively. I have my iPhone with me at all times. Therefore I want to be able to control my HS3 devices from my iOS devices. Using the web browser (chrome) is possible but difficult. HSTouch works well but it takes about a minute to start the app and 5-10 button presses to control a device or run an event. It's much better than the browser but still not like using an x10 or z-wave remote control.

HomeKit (I am using Fraggel's beta plugin with ios10 and the built in Home app), gives me the ability to control my favorite devices from my phone with just 3 finger motions; Home button, swipe up, press icon. Super easy and fast. So far I love it.

The biggest issue for me is choosing 9 "favorites". This is challenging when you have 284 HS3 devices.

What would you do?

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

I utilize it the same way you do. I like the built in app for iOS way better than HSTouch for iOS. The app is one of the 4 icons at the bottom of the screen.

It works really well in my case with the beta, but honestly, I don't really open it often. Only if something is out of sync for some reason with the automation (and then I work to figure out a way to keep it from happening again). I do have a few favorites on the main screen, but not many, so I wasn't even aware there was a limit in the app. Maybe for your situation where you need more than 9, put your most used in the favs, but create another room that sites at the very top of the list that would be easy to get to and unlimited on devices.

Overall I have been very happy with the new beta.

Comment

If you swipe up from the bottom of your screen on your ios10 device, the settings menu (flashlight, calculator, brightness, etc) appears. Now swipe left twice. The 9 Favorite Home buttons appear. No need to open the app.

What are you automating with Home? Can't it be automated via HS3?

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

I put my wife's Christmas tree Z099 on it, but then figured out how to pool motion sensors to a single virtual device to determine occupancy, and trigger off of that instead.

I am planning on putting our TSTAT on it, as well as the ceiling fans, and living room and HT room dimmer switches.
        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X