Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon00 Remote Computer Control & Network Monitor (HS2, HS3 & HS4)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when I try to right click on macros nothing happens.

ClientVDButtons="2,3,4,5,+11,6,7,8,+9,10,+12" are the buttons. The command Billy bedtime does show up under the options.

[VDButton12]
    Buttontext=Billy bedtime
    Command=popup||Billy, it is time to go to bed now. I will shut down your computer in 5 minutes||50||Red||white||20||From Dad

Comment

I belive I got it.

It works now. Thanks Jon

Comment

No, you need to right-click on the blue square client icon in the system tray. Select the macro menu then 1.

Once that is checked we can go on to the next step.
        Jon

Comment

Yea, I didnt have the macro text file dragged over. But once i rebooted the client it worked. I tested the billy bedtime and it works.

Great script for the networking monitoring, I totally love it.

Comment

Good stuff,

Remember if you add buttons to any virtual devices, you have to delete the device and then let the script re-create them with the new button(s).
            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
              Gogs,

From your screenshots, it looks like the client status is updating correctly so I assume this was a one-off?
              I think it has happened twice but the client status is updating OK
              Does this happen all the time when you hit the WOL button?
              I have discovered it works perfectly if I hit the button, it's when I run it from an event.
              Code:
              [P2]
              Housecode=S21
              VDButtons=1
              Device=2
              command=wol
              Parm1=
              Parm2=
              Parm3=
              Parm4=
              Icon=
              Response=
              ResponseUpdate=
              Attached Files
              sigpic
              A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

What happens if you run it from a script statement i.e.

&Result=hs.Runex "Jon00RCCNM.vben","main","2||wol"
                Jon

Comment

What happens if you run it from a script statement i.e.

&Result=hs.Runex "Jon00RCCNM.vben","main","2||wol"
                  It works perfectly, once I remembered to put the brackets back in, which solves my problem.

Pitty though I would like to have seen it working with the direct call. Jon00RCCNM.vben("preset","2").
                  sigpic
                  A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

WOL is the only function that is NOT part of the client. That is why it does not work. I'll have to update the instructions. You are actually doing a direct call with that command.
                    Jon

Comment

WOL is the only function that is NOT part of the client. That is why it does not work. I'll have to update the instructions. You are actually doing a direct call with that command.
                      Thanks Jon - I should have clicked on that one as the client is not running.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hey Jon,

No way a MAC version of the client will ever exist?
                        Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Nope
                          Jon

Comment

I'm just using the network monitor for now. Would like to ask if I have the following set up correctly. In the past my Homeseer computer has lost network connection which requires a reboot, so I have an event that looks at the router and media PC. if both are "OFF" for at least an hour it will trigger an event which runs psshutdown.exe... which brings up another question. I believe psshutdown is forcing hs to shutdown,is there a better way to do a grace full shutdown of HS?
                            John

Comment

Your event setup sounds fine to me.

I think you can still use PSShutdown but don't use the -f switch. Make sure that on the HS GUI that under edit, you have X closes Homeseer ticked.

I also have a shutdown application on my site that will attempt to shutdown Homeseer gracefully and then kill it if this fails. Used together with PSShutdown with a delayed restart may be the best option.
                              Jon

Comment

I've got an new update coming out soon for this.

Just wondering if there are any other feature requests before I do.

(No promises BTW!)
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X