This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grand Concerto Humm

I imported a Grand Concerto from the USA and am running it through a transformer to Convert our 220 Volt to the USA 110 Volt. I brought the unit some time and had a brain dead moment when I plugged it in and I connected to the 220 Volt. I'm so used to dual voltage power supplys anyway it blew the fuse. I replaced the fuse and now have it running on 110 Volt. All appears well keypads work but I get a humm out of the speakers even with no sources attached. Can anyone suggest anything ?

First place I look when trying to trace a hum is a ground fault. Is the unit grounded well? Maybe something happened to the ground as well as the fuse when you plugged into the 220 line?
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

No Ground

Interestingly the unit has no ground in the power cable. I read somewhere it doesn't need one. Do you think I should try one anyway ?

Comment

I'm not at all familiar with the grand concerto but when I get a hum on audio equipment of any kind that's where I start looking. I must have had an internal ground or maybe it was isolated in some way. Hopefully someone who knows that unit will chime in.
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
        Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Working...
        X