Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virtual device toggle

Hello,

On my HStouch client I have a button HS device Lamp.
    I can toggle the lamp on and off. (action when released command : toggle on/off)
    Next the button is the status of the device (status text On/Off)
    Also the Status collors (black off) and red (on). works fine for me.

But when I want to do the just the same for an other device it dus not work.
    I can NOT give the action when released command : toggle on/off.
    I only can give the action when released command : toggle.

What can be the problem?
    renaatdb

Virtual devices do not have on/off toggles. Is this a real device you are controlling or a virtual device?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Master Bedroom Wake-up Alarm V10 Virtual
      It is virtual
      sub main()
      A script sets the device on and off

If hs.DeviceStatus("v10") = 3 Then
      hs.SetDeviceString "v10","0n"
      hs.SetDeviceStatus "v10","2"
      else
      hs.SetDeviceString "v10","0ff"
      hs.SetDeviceStatus "v10","3"
      end if

Alarm clock screen from
      http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...=132231&page=3

renaatdb

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        Virtual devices do not have on/off toggles. Is this a real device you are controlling or a virtual device?
        Actually, that depends on whether or not the type is defined as "Status Only" or not. If it is, it is possible to set the status from within HS using a script, but it's quite likely HST wouldn't know anything about setting the device On/Off. I wouldn't consider that a bug - rather perhaps a deficiency.
        Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

I would recommend changing the virtual device type to a lamp module and try that.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

changing the virtual device type to a lamp module is not working
            renaatdb

Comment

If you add a virtual devices to a room in HS you can then toggle on / off in HSTouch. I us it all the time for auto manual of virtual flags to mark if something has be set in an event.

Comment

If you add a virtual devices to a room in HS you can then toggle on / off in HSTouch?
                I do not understand.
                sorry
                renaatdb

Comment

I have virtual devices that have on/offs without a problem, I too use them to flag things (like disabling motion events) as I find it makes more sense in the events page to have a "House Holiday Mode Is Off" vs. "House Holiday Mode equals value 0". The former for a casual outsider makes more sense as to what it actually does.

Anyway, back to the main thing. I really recommend not setting the device string to "On" and "Off" and there is no actual need to do it. If you create another device with the type virtual and use hs.setdevicestatus("V10", 3) or hs.setdevicestatus("V10", 3) you should see that On/Off is updated in the device string correctly without the need to set the string itself.

Once you do set the device string to something (even if it is On/Off) it never returns back to normal.

I would say it probably is actually changing the status but because you have set the device string it might not be quite working as expected, when you toggle the device in HSTouch run this command for both times you toggle it

hs.writelog("", hs.devicestatus("V10"))

You might probably find it changes from 2/3 as it needs to.

I would delete your virtual device and do this

hs.SetDeviceStatus "v10", 2
                  else
                  hs.SetDeviceStatus "v10", 3
                  end if

And see if it works

Comment

Sorry I don't see the picture..

Comment

Sorry there is no picture on my post. Actually I am not sure of what the script is for, all I was saying is don't touch the strings if you want a device to be on/off and you want it to stay that way in the devices page.

What exactly do you mean when you say they don't work?

Comment

Rupp recommended changing the virtual device type to a lamp module
                        My problem
                        On my HStouch client I have a button HS device Lamp.
                        I can toggle the lamp on and off. (action when released command : toggle on/off)
                        beside the button I have a text box wich give the status of the device (status text On/Off)
                        Also the Status collors (black off) and red (on). works fine for me.

But when I want to do the just the same for an other device it dus not work.
                        I can NOT give the action when released command : toggle on/off.
                        I only can give the action when released command : toggle.

Sorry for my stupidity
                        The toggle alarm script is included
                        I get the Alarm clock screen from

Renaatdb
                        Attached Files

Comment

So toggle an virtual device on/off is not possible in HS touch design?

What is the best way to change say "Guest" from Active to Inactive with 1 button if possible?

I could do it easy and just make 2 buttons but it would not look any good.
                          Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Comment

Originally posted by renaatdb View Post
                            Master Bedroom Wake-up Alarm V10 Virtual
                            It is virtual
                            sub main()
                            A script sets the device on and off

hs.SetDeviceString "v10","0n"
                            hs.SetDeviceStatus "v10","2"
                            else
                            hs.SetDeviceString "v10","0ff"
                            hs.SetDeviceStatus "v10","3"
                            end if

Alarm clock screen from

renaatdb
                            I'm assuming this is HS2.

I do this routinely using an event. That is, a button press (or release) executes an HS event.

The event action is an immediate script:
                            &If hs.IsOFF ("V10") Then : hs.Transmit "V10", "ON" : Else : hs.Transmit "V10", "OFF"
                            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Im not sure how i use these stuff. its like greek to me.

What iv done for now is to use a picure with on/off on it. then having that picture follow the state, and then on top of this i have 2 transparent buttons that will work as on/off. Seems to work actually. Though it is a bit of a struggle working with.
                              Last edited by U5tabil; January 22, 2015, 03:00 PM.
                              Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Comment

Working...
                              X