Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
    Which one?

I have w800s that I also need to boost ranges on so am very interested in whatever I can use on both to boost reception.
    I wonder if something like this would work for you.
    I use it on my cable tv.. has done WONDERS!!!!!!!!

they sell one without the phone/cable modem boost.. so it is 7 amplified and 1 bypass....

http://www.amazon.com/Bi-Directional...ble+tv+booster

all 8 ports boosted...
    http://www.amazon.com/Bi-Directional...ble+tv+booster
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
      Which one?

I have w800s that I also need to boost ranges on so am very interested in whatever I can use on both to boost reception.
      Here's a link to the antenna I built years ago. It has worked very well attached to my W800!

http://cocoontech.com/forums/topic/1...eiver/?pid=678

Comment

Here I utilize the PCT amps for OTA and Cable. I have no issues with them at all.

I have a regular older (large) OTA antenna mounted in the attic. I did have some issues with a few OTA HD channels (here more than 60 today) and the OTA amplifier made it such that I could get all of the broadcasts; being some 25-30 miles southwest of the city (source). I also backfeed SD channels into the OTA in feeds such that a regular LCD TV using the RF antenna connection gets all of the broadcast OTA plus the backfeeds inhouse stuff which works for me.

There are a few users on the forum that utilize the antenna mentioned above for more than one device via a splitter and I think they do not have any issues doing that.

I have a large attic such that I have the antennas ground plane inverted on pictured antennas (upsidedown). They are mounted on cut PVC tubing from the attic rafters down. 2nd antenna is for a cheaper RFID device; its in the attic with a long RS-232 cat5e wire down to the basement. I have a second cheaperRFID device and antenna inside of my sprinkler box in the garage. It is also connected via a long RS-232 cable to the basement comm area. I have also played with a 3rd W800/cheaperRFID device mounted in the basement with a separate antenna. These are on/off mainly to play with.

My attic has about an 8 foot or more height and there is a lot of "play" room up there. That said I did build catwalks and areas for storage plus adding lighting / electric before infrastucture wiring went in.

I also added a second W800 / antenna on the main floor of the house. It is the original small antenna which came with the W800.

It is buried in a wall close to an inwall speaker. Most if not all of the RF reception though does come from the attic mounted antenna.

Even inverted though it works well outside for my Palmpad for the manual on and off of the sprinkler system.

More than likely having this stuff / antenna in the attic is probably all you would need; IE: just one device. I have tested this by shutting off the 2nd and 3rd devices leaving the ones using the attic antenna and they work just fine. Response times are very good.
        Last edited by Pete; September 24, 2013, 06:57 AM.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Re: RFXCOM antenna suggestions

Awesome, thanks guys!

No to find brass rods and someone who can solder... lol
          Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

a DIY ground plane antenna for 310MHz or 433.92MHz
            Attached Files

Comment

I found the best thing, no matter what antenna I used, was to add an amplifier to the mix. I use just an ordinary VHF/UHF amp intended for TV reception. My multiband dipole antenna & amp are in the attic and I just split to the various receivers (RFX, ACRF, RFID, etc) at the HS end. Never misses a beat.
              Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by b_weijenberg View Post
                a DIY ground plane antenna for 310MHz or 433.92MHz
                I can comfirm that this is working great and even if you need to buy the aluminium this will be a very cheap antenna
                - Bram

Send from my Commodore VIC-20

Ashai_Rey____________________________________________________________ ________________
                HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
                PIugins: ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | BLBackup | FritzBox | Z-Wave | mcsMQTT | AK Ikea

Comment

Working...
                X