Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time function drifts and is WAY off on both HomeSeer tabletop touchscreens?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time function drifts and is WAY off on both HomeSeer tabletop touchscreens?

I am using the TIME function built into HSTouch to have a clock on two HS touchscreens, I have the Gen 1 in my master bath and the Gen 2 in my living room. Both will lose time or drift until they are hours off. The time on the tablet itself is correct, and if I close and reopen the HSTouch client it resets the time to the correct number.

Anyone have a fix for this? I'm looking for an Atomic Clock RSS feed to pull from instead, but that seems like an unnecessary measure given the built in function.

Thanks for any assistance!
    Adam

I think this issue has been there for a long time and I have seen several posts about it before, the only workaround IIRC was to instead use one of the VB functions I believe like

[$SCRIPT=&Now()]

Comment

I went a different route. I dont want my touchscreen clocks updating every second, just every minute. I created a virtual device to hold the HH:MM and run a script every minute to update the time. I then show that virtual device on the touchscreens so that it only updates every minute.
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Very interesting. Thanks guys, I didn't see anything on the search, but sometimes I wonder if my search terms are off, or if the HS board's search isn't exactly the greatest.

I'll work on some other options and start with the virtual device.

Adam

Comment

rmasonjr, can you tell me what device type (string) you entered for this virtual device? I have only used virtual devices to check state, so it's always been on or off. If you wouldn't mind sharing your VBScript (or other) that you used to poll the time that would be greatly appreciated as well!

Thanks,
          Adam

Comment

Ok I think I found a way to have this auto-correct itself. We'll see.

What I did was, in HS Touch Designer, set the large clock text property to have Ignore Presses as FALSE. On Press, it sets the text property for that window to the same thing it already is ([$TIME=h:mm tt]) which basically refreshes the clock.

Since I don't want to have to be touching the clock all of the time, I created a timed event in HS3 that activates a touch of this text property every 30 minutes. That way it doesn't really create any network traffic. If I notice it's off, I can always just touch the time to have it refresh / re-adjust.

Adam

Comment

Working...
            X