HSTouch2 Passcode not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTouch2 Passcode not working

I loaded the latest version of HSTouch (.134 version) on my new Galaxy S6 phone and I can't get the secure pages to work with a passcode. When trying to link to a page with a passcode it locks up.

Is there a work around?

What do you have the passcode set to in the HSTouch options? Click where the arrow is pointing.
    Attached Files
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I'm working with HS2 version of HSTouch which doesn't have a screen as you have shown that I can find.

I tried the .117 version of HSTouch2 on my Galaxy S6 and have the same problem. I did find that with the .134 version I couldn't control any devices either from my android phone. The .117 version works well for device control but won't work with a passcode.

Comment

The work around is to upgrade to HS3.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Why is it that passcode doesn't work anymore? Is it related to the new Android version Lollipop which is on my GS6? Would an older version of HSTouch work?

How about using a script to work this out. It seems like that could work.

It has taken me about 10 years to get my HS2/Stargate system to where it is now. I've been thinking about upgrading to HS3, but I've heard about so many problems with it, I'm not sure I want to go down that path. Just how stable is it? Is it truly out of beta and a stable product? What is the change rate now? I see that it is up to version 3.0.0.208 now. I would like to see a graph of the number of changes over time.

Comment

I can't speak to the PASSCODE function not working. I have 4 Android screens in my home and it works fine.

As for HS3, I just completed an installation for a neighbor and it was my first HS3 experience. It seems very stable, but I'm not wild about the interface. Like you, I incorparate a Stargate board, plus I use RCS Zone controllers. Neither of those will work under HS3 and again, like you my current system is pretty dialed in. So, I'm likely going to be a HS2 user for a long time to come.

Comment

HS3 should work fine with Stargate if you use Stargate without the JDS plug-in. I stopped using the JDS plug-in a few years ago and started using a couple of scripts in HS2 to communicate with Stargate through the com ports and it works very well. This doesn't give you all the functionality that the JDS plug-in provides but it allows you to make use of all the digital IOs, relays and analog inputs on the SG board.

My caddx system is connected only to HomeSeer. I use a Way2Call to provide CID and use the snvelCID plug-in to manage the home phone.

I'm sure that it would be doable to write a script that would provide the security function that a "passcoded" screen provides in HSTouch. It's just a matter of investing the time to do it.

I was using an RCS T-Stat but put in a new Carrier HVAC system with a heat pump and implemented their automation interface which I communicate with through a com port and have full control of the system.

Comment

Working...
              X