Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speaker placement (sort of Off-Topic to home automation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaker placement (sort of Off-Topic to home automation)

I am about to start adding in-ceiling speakers in my bedrooms for my whole house audio and I was wondering where people put them in the ceiling?

crutch field suggest one in each of two opposing corners. My rooms are 11'x11'x and 12'x14'. These will be used primarily for announcements and music. They will not be tied to the TVs in the rooms.

Any suggestions?

Here probably should have configured my zoned audio in the ceilings. That said I did do an in wall installation. For stereo I would suggest the installation be done for the stereo sound. Probably symmetrically placed on one side.

Crutchfield does show a diagonal placment.

(A) Diagonal placement gives good coverage in a typical rectangular room of 300 square feet or less. (B) Use three or more speakers in a large or L-shaped room. (C) In a narrow room, place the speakers in the middle at either end. In this example, stereo-input speakers would be a great choice.

Many HS folks went with a separate mono speaker for just Homeseer TTS audio.

I have seen nice in wall plate Russound speakers with good sound. Here is a similiar speaker.

If I were to do it over again I would probably go with pair of speakers in the ceiling and wall and a secondary set of speakers for just Homeseer text to speech like the little Russound speakers.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

You want to be equidistant from each speaker (left and right if stereo) in the place in the room where you are most likely to be sitting. Then use the 3/5 rule (I think, google it) of where to place the speakers from the walls for proper reflection and stereo separation.
      https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

When I do this again I'm goingmwith wall placement. I have that in the basement and find the sound is distributed much more evenly.
        Originally posted by rprade
        There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Working...
        X