No announcement yet.

Jon00 Homeseer 2 web page (Quick view) builder Version 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's what I was talking about doing, and adding a button to press for the different backgrounds. Then it occurred to me to have Homeseer change this layout based on different times of the year with different themes. This quickview is now going to be my main page unless I am using the hstouch interface. So, I was thinking about how I might change things for halloween, and Thanksgiving, and then Christmas, and New Years etc. I was thinking this might stimulate some discussion about using different themes or cascading style sheets to accomplish this. But that is the goal.
    A computer's attention span is as long
    as it's powercord.

Comment

Is it possible to run an event on access to a webpage built by your quickview builder...

I know I can add a button to the webpage that executes an event, but what I would like to happen is that if the webpage is accessed then run an event. It would be really helpfull if it was designed like the image function where you could specify one event if accessing the page from within the network and another event if accessing from outside the network.

Comment

Sort of!

You would need to use two web pages served by Homeseer which run the events. It's just 3 lines of code per page. Copy the first block of code and save it as localevent.asp in to your html directory. Do the same for the second and call it remoteevent.asp. Obviously define the event names to suit.

PHP Code:
        <%
        hs.triggerevent("Local event name")
        %> 
        PHP Code:
        <%
        hs.triggerevent("Remote event name")
        %> 
        Finally embed the page somewhere with a size of 1 x 1 pixels (so it cannot be seen) something like:

Column1Section1-1Right= Embed/localevent.asp|$|/remoteevent.asp,1,1,0,0,0

Not tried but should work.
        Jon

Comment

Thank you... I think I had heard of that trick before, but not applied quite like this...

Worked perfectly... I just made it the last element on the page and it is hidden from view.

Comment

Problems with Jon00AudioControls

Hi!

Im having difficulties getting your Jon00AudioControls working in the webpagebuilder. They do work as long as i control them from status page on homeseer server. All my other devices z-wave and virtual weatherdevices works as the should in the webpage builder.
            This is the code:
            Code:
            Column2Section3-1Left=Master Volume 
            Column2Section3-1Right=ButtonDevice Mute, Audio Control Master Volume=off||0%,Audio Control Master Volume=ddim=0%||25%,Audio Control Master Volume=ddim=25%||50%,Audio Control Master Volume=ddim=50%||75%,Audio Control Master Volume=ddim=75%||100%,Audio Control Master Volume=ddim=100%
            Column2Section3-1RightExtra=DeviceM50
            Column2Section3-1Height=
            Not even off/mute works, but Status works alright.
            Also is the ddim command right?
            What should i do here?

Comment

Unfortunately, that will never work. All you can do is to set up buttons to run individual events to trigger the audio control script with optional parameters.
              Jon

Comment

How would you go about hiding links to pages you only want an admin logged in to access?

I guess you could put a button that "links" to another page that has several link buttons, and then make the new links page not visible to guests? Is there a better way?
                A computer's attention span is as long
                as it's powercord.

Comment

That would be the only way if you added button links to web page builder. An alternative would be to use my account links package which allows allocation of menu buttons/drop downs/links per account. In addition, you could assign different pages using this facility.
                  Jon

Comment

Jon00 - great script to make very attractive pages, thanks.

I just spent some time customising your qv.ini to my needs, and realised I need another row at the top of Column1Section1. Does that mean I need to go and renumber every entry in the section (all 27 of them) manually? Or am I missing a short-cut?

Just thought I'd ask....
                    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Unfortunately yes - I was going to write an automatic re-order script for the ini file but never got around to it.
                      Jon

Comment

Sharing webpage setups?

Hello Folks!

Does anyone know if there are some cool webpage builds (qv.ini:s), made with Jon00 webpagebuilder, for display somewhere or maybe for download as well?
                        I am looking for new inspiration which would be best to find in other peoples designs.

Majstang

Comment

Originally posted by heatvent View Post
                          BTW, not sure if this came up yet but the new icons in HS are 32x32. Is there anyway to scale the icons in web page builder?
                          OK, I may need to add something to the ini file to define the icon size. Not sure when I can look at it though.
                          Jon,
                          Did you find a way to do this? I couldn't find a follow-up post, but could easily have missed it.
                          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                            Jon,
                            Did you find a way to do this? I couldn't find a follow-up post, but could easily have missed it.
                            i put the following in the Settings section
                            ImgWidth=16
                            ImgHeight=16

this changes the icon sizes if you use the DeviceAlt option
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                              i put the following in the Settings section
                              ImgWidth=16
                              ImgHeight=16

this changes the icon sizes if you use the DeviceAlt option
                              ... for HomeSeer device icons you don't even have to use DeviceAlt.
                              HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                              Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                              on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                              WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                                Jon,
                                Is all OK now?
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X