No announcement yet.

Qubino z-wave - Working!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your I2/I3 inputs are anything like the Fibaro S2 input then you won't see any devices as such to represent these in HS.

On the Fibaro's they are designed to control other nodes by association, so if you had a second node (on/off relay for example) and you associated group 2 of your Qubino to the on/off relay then the switch connected to I2 would control the on/off relay. I have quite a few Fibaro's set up in this way.

If the device(s) being controlled have instant status then of course they will be updated in HS regardless if they are controlled locally or by association.

The attached screenshot shows a Fibaro dimmer set to control an Aeon smart energy module from the S2 input.

Looking at the documentation for the Qubino dimmer you should only need to associate group 4 with Homeseer to get instant status.

Paul..
    Attached Files

Comment

I am in a right state of confusion with this little one! Thanks for the reply...

Originally posted by sooty View Post
      If your I2/I3 inputs are anything like the Fibaro S2 input then you won't see any devices as such to represent these in HS.

On the Fibaro's they are designed to control other nodes by association, so if you had a second node (on/off relay for example) and you associated group 2 of your Qubino to the on/off relay then the switch connected to I2 would control the on/off relay. I have quite a few Fibaro's set up in this way.

If the device(s) being controlled have instant status then of course they will be updated in HS regardless if they are controlled locally or by association.

The attached screenshot shows a Fibaro dimmer set to control an Aeon smart energy module from the S2 input.

Looking at the documentation for the Qubino dimmer you should only need to associate group 4 with Homeseer to get instant status.

Paul..
      I've attached a screenshot of the devices I get in HS, I get the switch binary with on/off controls (that appears to control the output) and the two other 'reserved' switch binary devices - these I took to be the I2/I3 devices with the first switch binary being the I1 device that controls the output. A couple of things appear odd;

1) The switch binary device appears to control the output (as in pressing the on/off buttons) in addition to the multilevel device which has the dimmer controls (so they are duplicated as I have the two on and off buttons), however the switch binary device does not update it's status when the switch is on/off but the multilevel device does (?). Polling seems to reflect the binary input state but nothing else.

2) I'm not that bothered about the watts devices but they appear to be doing nothing, I have changed the other options and still nil result. It is not that critical for me though.

3) The other night the I2/I3 inputs were changing the device last change column on the root device, now they aren't and the last change column is doing precisely nothing. The root device changing status also does not now appear to be doing anything at all. I've tried to delete/rescan but nothing changes it. I took the documentation which says;

Associated Groups:

Group 1: multilevel (triggered at changes of state/value of the Flush dimmer)

Group 2: basic on/off (triggered at change of the input I2 state and reflecting its state)

Group 3: basic on/off (triggered at change of the input I3 state and reflecting its state)

Group 4: default reporting group (reserved for the main controller)
      As per your idea I associated Group 4 with HomeSeer (I previously had 1, 2 and 3 associated - now it is just four) but I am getting no change at all with devices as I thought (I think wrongly) that you would have to associate 2 and 3 with HS to get those updates into HomeSeer. I have also tried one and four and get nowhere.

Any ideas? I'm wondering if this 'reserved' business as anything to do with it but I found it odd the other night that the root device was being turned off/on by the I2/I3 inputs but now it ain't.
      Last edited by mrhappy; August 2, 2015, 04:59 AM.

Comment

I reported it as a bug #2750...either way it does not add correctly to the system to start with and the wattage does not seem to update. Thought by starting with certified devices I would have an easier ride!

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
          I reported it as a bug #2750...either way it does not add correctly to the system to start with and the wattage does not seem to update. Thought by starting with certified devices I would have an easier ride!
          I remember similar woes when the Fibaro devices first appeared. I suspect HST will need to add specific support for the Qubino devices.

In my experience "certified" doesn't always equal "compatible".

When a Z-Wave device is added it's queried for it's capabilities. It's down to the controller manufacturer (in this case the Z-Wave plug-in) to interpret the responses received from the device and deal with them appropriately.

I know there have been issues with various devices in the past giving out wrong info when queried and this has necessitated HST to put in workarounds etc...

I don't know how the Z-Wave plug-in deals with the initial querying of devices for which it doesn't have pre-defined capabilities but reading other forums this type of (new device incompatibility) thing is not limited to Homeseer and exists with other control software until devices are "officially supported".

Paul..

Comment

I talked with Richard about this as i will install 100-200 modules in the comming months. And the problem is with the z-wave plugin. And Richard is working on this Hopefully he will have something ready soon for us
            Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Comment

Thanks both for the replies...good to here that it may be fixed at some point and it is not a problem with the device, thankfully I only have two to install and am in no rush.

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
                In my experience "certified" doesn't always equal "compatible".
                Yes, and this is a shame, because wasn't that the goal from the beginning?

I seem to recall statements back when Fibaro was a mess in HS3, such as:
                "As long as a device is certified, we will support it", at least that's what I got from the discussion, and that sparked the "is Fibaro doing something stupid" and "is the certification process faulty" debates.

I have a Z-wave certified RFID reader, meaning it should work. But HomeSeer has no way of adding RFID chips to the reader. It just doesn't work.
                HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Are these Qubino Dimmers now working with HS3?

Comment

Originally posted by Phaeton View Post
                    Are these Qubino Dimmers now working with HS3?
                    Yes they do. And they now have watt readings. But not kWh.

Mind you that Qubino will soon launch z-wave+ devices.

Comment

Ahh thanks. Then i will wait a little. I want to replace my fibaro dimmers since they dont go well with the led bulbs i use

Verstuurd vanaf mijn M6752 met Tapatalk

Comment

Ahh thanks. Then i will wait a little. I want to replace my fibaro dimmers since they dont go well with the led bulbs i use

I use both and i can say that the qubino/netichome dimmers dim much better than the fibaro dimmers. When a fibaro dimmer is "1%" the Qubino is still on 20% and have much more to dim before going off.

Comment

Good to hear! Dont mind the kWh. Maybe it will be fixed in the future.

Comment

Good to hear! Dont mind the kWh. Maybe it will be fixed in the future.

It will most likely never be fixed, since there will come a newer modules out with z-wave+ very soon. But that new one will get it fixed

Comment

Will this modele Flush On/Off Thermostat work with HS3?
                              http://qubino.com/products/flush-onoff-thermostat/

Comment

Originally posted by lunkan View Post
                                Will this modele Flush On/Off Thermostat work with HS3?
                                http://qubino.com/products/flush-onoff-thermostat/
                                No it does not. Already tried. maybe with the new ZW+ there is a change but the old one did not.

Comment

Working...
                                X