When motion make a camera record?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When motion make a camera record?

How can i make so that when motion make a camera record?

I now have some Foscam cameras set up. also outside with a motion sensor. So that it changes screen to that camera when there is motion. But how can i make so that when im not home and there is motion i want it to record.
    Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

I think Netcam has an action to record a series of shots from a camera when motion is recorded and to have a delay between those shots so you can just run it from an event. I think it will involve a plugin regardless I am not sure if you are going to need to talk with some external software if you want to record a video feed from the camera - I don't really know about the plugins available but possibly look at UltraNetcam if the HS one does not do what you want.

Comment

Have you considered something like iSpy?
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Many solutions. But it seems most is very hard to work with. With the new IFTTT support. it could be possible to implement a 3rd party program thrugh IFTTT. But I don't see anything yet.

Comment

The premise of utilizing motion to trigger a recording from a camera especially outdoors is not an easy task today or yesterday. So the base has to be considered here.

Newer cameras are tiny little computers than can do a lot these days.

Motion detection via video algorithms works but is not soup yet as there is much outside that moves all of the time.

Inside home is a different world. Even the fastest computers or software have an issue today utilizing video algorithms.

Another tried and true methodology of motion detection is to utilize analogue devices.

With analogue methodologies you still do have issues outside with things like trees, insects, clouds, lightning, temperature, light et al.

What analogue devices base their triggers / events on what is the next question though you need to address.

There are / have been attempts to standardize; yet many companies choose their own methodologies and hope that the rest of the video security camps go along with the ideology.

With Homeseer's implementation of IFTTT; somebody here will probably write a receipe for their own stuff which may be different than your stuff or not be different.

What specifically is it that you want to do?
          Last edited by Pete; May 7, 2015, 09:25 AM.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

https://www.sighthound.com

and

http://blueirissoftware.com
            HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

I found the solution!

Sighthound. Been trying it out today. its great and with implementation of IFTTT it can actually work as a motion sensor. Though there are some delays so having it turning on a light is not a good thing, due to delay. But as for a doorbell when people are coming or to have motion detection when alarm is active etc its great!

Comment

Yeah here the Zoneminder NVR is always recording. It uses a mySQL DB.

A motion trigger or event whether analog or using video algorithms does a save before during and after an event. It could be a few seconds or a few minutes depending on the configuration settings. The file can be pure video or video with some granular data about the event. The saved video also includes the motion trigger points in a frame by frame view of the video. I have seen a bird hover for less than a second in front of a camera in multiple frames of capture. It is a very neat looking view to capture.

Ultra's Netcam plugin captures a series of still photographs. You can utilize a motion event to trigger these still photographs. Only thing is that the captures can or do occur after the motion event such that your still photographs are post event. Many Homeseer users use mutiple analog (wired/wireless) devices to capture a multiple photograph motion event. IE: like putting sensors along the path of the walk to your front door. It is faster today to do this right on the intelligent camera as its doing it in the firmware of the camera; whether it be stills or motion videos. The new cams include the ability to upload in multiple manners to whatever or even email these days. Note too that typically video motion is captured at 30 frames per second. You can lower the frame rate which can ding the view of the video.

A CCTV NVR/DVR captures multiple streams (and multiple plxel sizes) which really is a lot of work for a CPU to do. Similarly your satellite / cable television DVR box does the same with multiple tuners all capturing video simultaneously. Moving from the older 640X480 analog SD streams to digital HD streams also pushes the CPU a bit more. The older analogue capture cards did the image processing on the card and just used the software to save the streaming video.

When streaming stuff out of your home network; typically you will not get great video mostly because the QOS of the internet pipe is not always good and the bandwidth out is not as good as the bandwidth in.

Well the analogy is like you have 6 lanes of traffic running to your home and two lanes of traffic running out of your home.

Take all of the above in to consideration when looking at what you want to do. Look at the between the junctions of transport from your home out to the internet. There are many pieces and each piece does and can cause a delay of a few ms in reponse times.
                Last edited by Pete; May 7, 2015, 12:24 PM.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                X