No announcement yet.

BlueIris Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop HS3. Remove the Newtonsoft.Json.DLL from the root HS3 folder and restart HS3.
    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Installed this app yesterday (installed 1,2,3) but so far I am not finding much to do with it. How are people using it?

I am thinking that maybe I want to try and find a way to have a way to switch between profiles in BluIris. Currently I have my front door camera set to record on motion and it works great. But when we are unloading the car and making 10 trips the constant texts and emails are annoying. So if I can use a UPB button at the entrance to termporarily switch to a profile that would not record for the next 15 minutes it would be a nice feature.

Also if there is an alarm record all cameras.

And if armed away and motion is detected on a backyard camera to record.

What other things are people doing?

Comment

That's just why I wrote it. I wanted other HS actions to change BI profiles (right now you can change the server profile, but if you'd like I can add the feature to change profile per camera - I think)

I also use it to override or supplement the motion sensors in BI. Always record when the gate is open, record all camera if the alarm is triggered whether there is motion or not. Switch to a different profile if the wind is up, to avoid false motion triggers, etc

I also set events if a camera goes "no signal"

Is there something more you'd like to see implemented?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
        Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

I don't have any outside motion sensor.

Is there a event in HS3 that trigger when a camera is recording? if not can it be added.

Thanks

Greg Mack

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
            That's just why I wrote it. I wanted other HS actions to change BI profiles (right now you can change the server profile, but if you'd like I can add the feature to change profile per camera - I think)

I also use it to override or supplement the motion sensors in BI. Always record when the gate is open, record all camera if the alarm is triggered whether there is motion or not. Switch to a different profile if the wind is up, to avoid false motion triggers, etc

I also set events if a camera goes "no signal"

Is there something more you'd like to see implemented?

I wasn't trying to get anything changed/added I was looking for what I can do with it. I have to play with it more and see how to do what I already want to do and hope a few people thought of things I have not.

I was very happy to see this plug in come about and so quickly once you took on the task. Setup was a few minutes. It can be a very useful plug in to tie together CCTV and HA and to me this would help sell HS. A true controller talks to other systems and plays well with them That is why plug ins are so important to HS. Look at the uproar when HS3 no longer supported certain plug ins it held people back from upgrading. Lately it looks like there is a trend to go back and redo those plug ins and that will help HS a lot.

Great job on it from what I see so far and maybe it will do everything I want and more (waiting to see the ideas from others for the more).

Comment

Thanks very much for the positive feedback David. I'm always happy to entertain enhancement requests in the future if needed.

Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by BIGMACK48 View Post
                I don't have any outside motion sensor.

Is there a event in HS3 that trigger when a camera is recording? if not can it be added.

Thanks

Greg Mack

Greg you could trigger on the device status change of the camera device, however this is dependent on the polling delay so the event may be delayed based on the polling interval or even be missed if the recording takes place between polls.

The issue is that BI does not talk directly to the plugin. The plugin polls the server at a regular interval to get the current status.

Comment

Originally posted by lj502 View Post
                  I use this simple web page for most of my devices, it will show all your cameras setup in BlueIris and allows you to just touch a camera and it opens just that camera touch it again and it goes back to all cameras, auto sizes on most browsers also. Put both files in your BlueIris server's www folder, and then open "allcams.htm" using your server's address and port number. This also works great in HSTouch setups and gives you real video with no hit on your Homeseer server as the web page is served straight from BlueIris. In HSTouch you use a text box as this is a web page, let me know and I can walk you thru this.
                  John
                  This works in HSTouch however, it looks like the steaming of video starts when I access the screen with the cameras on it as evidenced by the mouse pointer flashing with the blue circle thing on windows 7 but it doesnt stop the streaming when I leave that screen. The only way to get it to stop taking up resources in the background is to restart the hstouch client.

In HSTouch designer I've tried close the screen and run another screen by itself. Could this be a HSTouch bug? or am I missing something.
                  https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
                    This works in HSTouch however, it looks like the steaming of video starts when I access the screen with the cameras on it as evidenced by the mouse pointer flashing with the blue circle thing on windows 7 but it doesnt stop the streaming when I leave that screen. The only way to get it to stop taking up resources in the background is to restart the hstouch client.

In HSTouch designer I've tried close the screen and run another screen by itself. Could this be a HSTouch bug? or am I missing something.
                    Found out this is a bug in HSTouch, I know... I'm shocked too.

Comment

This one drove me nuts for awhile, When the blue iris plugin connects to the blue iris server it makes a poping noise. you can try this by listening to the output of your homeseer server audio while enabling and disabling the plugin.

This makes the plugin unusable for me.

Comment

That one has me baffled. I run a VM with no audio. Anyone else having this issue?

Is there any way you can narrow down when the noise happens? For instance if you enter incorrect BI server data does it still pop?

Comment

Just found the plug-in and am trying to interface with my axis Q7404
                          any dummies for axis instrutions ?
                          Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
                            That one has me baffled. I run a VM with no audio. Anyone else having this issue?

Is there any way you can narrow down when the noise happens? For instance if you enter incorrect BI server data does it still pop?
                            I ended up going into the C:\Program Files (x86)\Blue Iris 3\Sounds and deleting the wav file called pop.wav. That has stopped it. I have no idea why that was being played everytime the plugin would talk to blueiris.

Edit: Blueiris can be muted in the audio mixer as well.
                            Last edited by happnatious1; July 26, 2014, 04:09 PM. Reason: new info

Comment

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
                              Just found the plug-in and am trying to interface with my axis Q7404
                              any dummies for axis instrutions ?
                              The plugin talks to blueiris software which talks to axis camera.

http://blueirissoftware.com/

Comment

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
                                I ended up going into the C:\Program Files (x86)\Blue Iris 3\Sounds and deleting the wav file called pop.wav. That has stopped it. I have no idea why that was being played everytime the plugin would talk to blueiris.

Edit: Blueiris can be muted in the audio mixer as well.
                                So it was the BI server making the noise not the HS3 server? I was looking in the wrong place. I'll keep digging.

Comment

Working...
                                X