X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cannot open com port

same problem once again.
    cant find com 7 for insteon. although it finds it for x10.
    i went to settings.ini and its listed for 7.
    see attachment
    Attached Files
    HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

the x10 log message is a red herring...the system won't be able to perform x10 cmds if the Insteon interface isn't initialized.

looks like the port didn't close properly on the previous shutdown.

what caused the need to restart hs?

does a reboot of the box fix the error?
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

mark. same problem. doesnt recognize com port.
      we are set for com 7. tested. etc.
      note that my x10 via insteon DOES work. its the insteon that doesnt.
      this is a recurring prpoblem for nop rhyme or reason.
      just quits.
      i went to settings.ini, its listed for com 7.
      i rebooted my pro 100 several times. enabled and disabled the plug in.
      what can i do? i would like a reliable system because i have water leak sensors and others on here.
      Thanks
      HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Comment

for my plugin (since v1.8), the com port setting is in the insteon.ini under interfaceport=

the value in settings.ini is read but not maintained; basically don't worry about that value.

do you have the Other Interface enabled on the hs setup/config page? the first log would indicate you didn't at that time.

is the com port COM7 displayed in the windows device manager?

do you have a physical serial port? the 2413S is the most reliable interface
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

for my plugin (since v1.8), the com port setting is in the insteon.ini under interfaceport= I WILL CHECK

the value in settings.ini is read but not maintained; basically don't worry about that value. OK

do you have the Other Interface enabled on the hs setup/config page? the first log would indicate you didn't at that time. YES ITS ENABLED NOW

is the com port COM7 displayed in the windows device manager? WILL CHECK

do you have a physical serial port? the 2413S is the most reliable interface
          WILL CHECK

Comment

mark com 7 shows up in the device manager
            i have enables and disabled the plug in a few times...
            still nothing
            again, x10 works fine, insteon does not

Comment

i ordered the serial PLM
              is there a thread that shows how to swap these out?
              will i have to reset everything?
              thanks

Comment

Originally posted by gfs View Post
                i ordered the serial PLM
                is there a thread that shows how to swap these out?
                will i have to reset everything?
                thanks
                there is a thread on swapping the plm...see the following
                http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=141044

the routine will update each device with the insteon id of the new controller. you may run the swap routine several times, it will only update devices that still have the old ID. you will need to put any RF-only devices into linking mode when the plugin tells you. there may be a few devices that will need to be handled manually. use the program device for homeseer function and then delete the used links to the old plm.

for groups you just need to select all the groups and use the reprogram button.

you won't need to start over or reset anything.

in the meantime, would you enable detailed logging on the plugin config page, restart hs, and post a log snippet of the startup of hs. I don't understand how x10 could be working and insteon not based on what i've seen.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

i will do that.
                  also, i rebooted the current usb plm itself and now i get it working again.but i will switch to serial as this is much too undependable.

Comment

i will do that.
                    also, i rebooted the current usb plm itself and now i get it working again.but i will switch to serial as this is much too undependable.
                    if you did a factor reset on the plm ,then you will need to run the program interface routine from the plugin config page so the plugin will rebuild the plm database.

no need to post a log, clearly the plm was locked up. nothing the plugin can do about that.
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

no i just disconnected the usb and power. said the magic words... and restarted HS and bingo! frustrating though so i will move to the serial and see if thats better. thanks for all the help mark. hate to be a pain. but appreciate it

Comment

do you have the Other Interface enabled on the hs setup/config page? the first log would indicate you didn't at that time. YES ITS ENABLED NOW
                        If someone could PLEASE help me and TELL me how I do this, I would GREATLY appreciate it. I do not see an I/O option on ANY page in HS with the exception of the page telling me i need to set the port interface of the PLM. But I have NO CLUE what the COM port or IP address is for the PLM. I have the IP for the ISY but I don't know how to find the IP address for the PLM...I even tried running Fing to see if it would give me a list of all devices on my network so I could see the IP for the PLM.

I am SOOO Lost right now and SOOOO confused trying to get this Plug-in to work with Homeseer, the PLM and the ISY....I'm really missing SOME piece of the puzzle. Someone, PLEASE clue me in....I was a coder for 10 years, run a NOC now and have acted as an SA for a telecomm company...but this has me stumped. What am I doing wrong?!!?

Thanks,
                        Mike

Comment

Originally posted by HeyYou View Post
                          If someone could PLEASE help me and TELL me how I do this, I would GREATLY appreciate it. I do not see an I/O option on ANY page in HS with the exception of the page telling me i need to set the port interface of the PLM. But I have NO CLUE what the COM port or IP address is for the PLM. I have the IP for the ISY but I don't know how to find the IP address for the PLM...I even tried running Fing to see if it would give me a list of all devices on my network so I could see the IP for the PLM.

I am SOOO Lost right now and SOOOO confused trying to get this Plug-in to work with Homeseer, the PLM and the ISY....I'm really missing SOME piece of the puzzle. Someone, PLEASE clue me in....I was a coder for 10 years, run a NOC now and have acted as an SA for a telecomm company...but this has me stumped. What am I doing wrong?!!?

Thanks,
                          Mike
                          Mike,
                          I need to understand your setup. what plm model do you have? and what plugin version are you using? the ISy is of no use with my plugin so please remove that from the equation.

you need the insteon id of the PLM which should be on a sticker on the PLM

In general please feel free to start a new thread as opposed to replying to an old thread. I like to leave the old ones as-is.
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                          X