This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NUVO plugin beta 1.0.0.0 is posted

This is the first beta release of our NUVO plugin. This plugin works with the NUVO multizone audio system. This plugin will run as a 30 day trial.

Supported hardware:
    • Grand Concerto
    • Essentia G
    Features:

Zone Actions:
    • Turn Power Off
    • Turn Power On
    • Switch to Source
    • Change Party Mode
    • Change Do Not Disturb
    • Keypad Action: Play/Pause, Next, Prev
    • Send Text to Zone
    • Tuner actions: Tune Up, Tune Down
    Triggers:
    • Source track change
    • Source play
    • Source pause
    • Zone changes source
    • Zone changes power state (on/off)
    • Zone volume change

Download the installer from here. Just run this installer on your HomeSeer system and enable it from Setup->Interfaces. Use the config page to set the COM port your NUVO system is connected to.

ftp://ftp.homeseer.com/updates/Beta/...vo_1_0_0_0.msi
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Rich, do you know if it will work with the Essentia D?
    Over The Hill
    What Hill?
    Where?
    When?
    I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

I don't know for sure, but I think the protocol is the same.

Comment

I'll check it out when I get a chance
        Over The Hill
        What Hill?
        Where?
        When?

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

It's possible there might be limited functionality; the protocol used only mentions the Grand Concerto and Essentia G.
          -Matt P
          HomeSeer Technologies, LLC

website | products | support | wiki | youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Matt2.0 View Post
            It's possible there might be limited functionality; the protocol used only mentions the Grand Concerto and Essentia G.
            Matt, Lets see 1 post and Bedford NH, are you by chance the developer?

I haven't had a chance to try it yet as I am not making any changes currently as I am on one of the latest HS betas and I don't want to restart. I'll see if I can download the manual from Nuvo as previously they posted the serial protocol in the back of the manual. I am currently running the Nuvo plugin for the Cinemar product line but I worked very closely with the developer of that plugin and did a lot of beta testing for that plugin. Other than what appears to be new keypads again on the Essentia line and what they call party mode and the fact the unit is much smaller physically, if past history means anything it will probably work. Having the nuvo controlled via my HT rather than my MLServer box interests me because as it is now I push a lot of data back and forth between the 2 boxes since most of my nuvo control is done via HS events and I display music metadata on my Betabrite which is controlled thru HS

I'll post my findings

Jack
            Over The Hill
            What Hill?
            Where?
            When?

Comment

trial license expired

hi rick
              downloaded & installed Nuvo trial - however appears trial license has expired - can you pls post updated trial.

thanks

Comment

Here is a trial code you can use:

LicenseID: 34316
                Password: trial

Comment

NUVO Plugin

Rich,

Is the NUVO Plugin still available for download? The link appears to be dead.

Thanks,

Ed

Comment

NUVO Plugin - got it!

Ignore that last email. Operator error! Thanks, Ed

Comment

Essentia D

I tried using this plug-in with my Essentia D with no luck. Homeseer logs show that the plug-in is getting zone names and eventually disables the plug-in. Anyone else had any luck with this?

Comment

Our understanding is that the plugin will work with the Concerto and Essentia G, it might not work with the Essentia D, we have not tried that system.

Comment

Nuvo Plug-In consuming 90% or more CPU usage

I am finally to a point where I can connect HS and my Nuvo. The Plug-In appears to function properly, and I have set up 3 simple Events. What I have noticed is that as soon as I enable the Plug-In my CPU usage for HS jumps from 2% to 95% or so, and stays there. Let it run overnite and it stayed that way. Disable the Plug-In, and right back down to 2%. Reboot and I get the same behavior; it appears to be repeatable.

I can enable/disable my Nuvo Events and it does not impact the CPU usage.

I have also noticed a couple of other things:

- When the Plug-In is enabled, a new event, 'Nuvo Controls VR (B)' is automatically created. I can delete this event, but it is recreated when the Plug-In is re-enabled. CPU usage is not affected by the presence/absence of this event.

- I could not get the Nuvo to communicate using anything but COM1. In fact, I would set the COM port to COM3 and save it, but the next time I started HS it would be back to COM1. I now have my Z-Troller on COM3 and Nuvo on COM1 and they both appear to communicate fine. Note: The Nuvo configurator ALSO would not work over anything other than COM3, however my telnet program can talk to Nuvo just fine on COM3.

Specs:
                          HS 2.3.0.19
                          Other Plug-Ins: Skype
                          Windows XP, Pentium 4 3.20GHz

Thanks,

Ed

Comment

Command problems found

I had the same experience with Port assignment.
                            After configuring serial port 1, I was able to communicate with my Nuvo Essentia G.
                            Following problems:
                            * When I send all zones on command Zone 1 doesn't turn on, but all others do. A 2nd on command turns on all zones.
                            * I can't get source actions to work. When I set up a Source action command, the pulldown menu for Source selection is empty and it won't let me select or enter any data.
                            Anyone else have similar experiences?

Comment

Nuvo beta update?

Hi Rich,

Just getting my system set up and wanting to download the Nuvo plugin but I noticed there seem to be some repeatable issues with beta 1.0.0.0 that was released last summer. Is there an updated version available yet?

Thanks

Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X