GC100 using serial to control Pioneer Receiver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ken,

thanks for the thoughts.. when it comes down to it I really only need the power on and power off commands, as well as picture mode and aspect..

From what you wrote above it seems that the picture mode will be the most challenging out of them all.

not sure if this help or not..

As far as the Pioneer script goes, any idea where I should start so that I can make the script more compliant with my unit. Obviously the send commands work fine, its the getting responses that I have issues with. Like I said above most things works fine, however the simple command, PWR does not get the correct response.

Comment

Hi Michael,

In the script there's a constant called scTraceLevel. Edit the script, set that constant to "3", and post the script and HS log output you are getting when you get a PWR response. the protocol for PWR looks the same for both receivers but that doesn't mean you don't have updated firmware. I should be able to to figure it out with the trace output.

If you're OK with limiting the command set for the projector we should be able to get that working pretty easily.

Talk to you soon,
      Ken
      "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Ken,

thanks for your patience...

After some playing..

I have noticed some oddities...

if the system is off and I issue a "?P" it turns it on
        if the system is on and and I issue a PF, it turns it off... If it is off and I issue a PF it turns it on.

I dont know if there is a newer version of the firmware, but I am going to call Panasonic and see if they can help me. I dont have much hope but things are weird....
        Attached Files
        Last edited by mbrett; February 8, 2009, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Hey Guys,

Ken, were you able to work anything out for my Panasonic Projector? I would really love to get this thing up and running with RS232. Any assistance would be appreciated.

MB

Comment

Hi MB,

Sorry for not getting back with you sooner. I've been traveling a lot and will be again for the next 3-4 weeks.

From looking at the trace output it looks like you are picking up an extra character in all of the responses. That seems to be throwing off the parser. I'd suggest you try to figure out why you're getting that character. It may be coming from the GC100 or the comport redirector. It may be a setting that needs to be changed.

As far as the projector goes I'm sorry to say that I haven't had any time to look at it. Making a SendCommand should be pretty easy but the parsing of the results may be a bit tricky.

I'll see if I can craft up a SendCommand for you to test out within the next couple of days.

Ken
            "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Hey Ken,

about the setting on the com port re director.. very weird, some commands work great but not others when sending, and some commands received when the amp is adjusted locally (like to volume or the mute) are received perfectly, but when the commands are sent it dosent always respond the way it should. I will play with various combination on the re director and see what happens.

As far as the projector goes, I have been playing with it and cant get any responces at all out of it. I had it working fine under my ML configuration, so I know it works and can be done.

thanks for you thoughts.

Comment

hey jon,

how was NY? where you here for the snow? it was kinda a big deal around here....

anyway, my GC works great, I have IR control working perfect, I used the relays to open and close my curtain (much more reliable than the ir), and I even have the serial working for basic functions going OUT to the pioneer, volume, mute, etc all work. it wont reply correctly though, and it wont switch to the correct input, see below.

as fas as ticking the raw mode, YES thats all I have checked and the version is, 3.0xxx

not sure where to go from here..
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X