Feature request!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature request!

It seems strange to request a feature for this rock solid plugin. But this is one of those things that just might be possible, that previously there was not a need for. When UPB matured there were not commonly available smart bulbs. Now, however, with HUE and GE Link and other zigbee, z-wave, or insteon bulbs it is possible to have many individually controllable bulbs on one UPB dimmer controlled circuit. One very nice thing about UPB is you have complete control over what all the rockers and buttons do on the switches with interchangeable faceplates. One feature in particular is significant here--the ability to set all of the buttons to not control the load. This is sort of an ideal setup if you want to be able to address each light separately. You want power to all lights on the circuit so you can turn off or dim or setup a disco show or whatever. The problem is that once you program this in upstart, it is permenant, until you re-configure. What happens if HS crashes with a gazillion lights in disco mode? You could only turn it off if you reset the UPB switch (10 times on/off), or re-program in upstart. If you had access to enabling or disabling link 241 for a switch, you would effectively be able to enable/disable local load control. Do you think this is something you could add?

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

I do not use Link241 for any of my switches. I define a link specific to that load, say "Kitchen Ceiling" and have the buttons on the switch that I want to control the load send that link, and I have the receive channel for that switch activate on the same link. Works the same way as Link241, except I have a unique one for every switch. You must also tell the switch to transmit the link externally to the switch (which also allows HS to see when you change the switch via local control).

With this setup, you then use HS to provide whatever assist you need outside of switch to switch links.

tenholde
    tenholde

Comment

So could you set it up so that with HS on the load is controlled by HS and with HS off by the rocker?

Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
        So could you set it up so that with HS on the load is controlled by HS and with HS off by the rocker?
        No, one of the other.

However, you could set it up so that the rocker does not control the load, but have another switch somewhere in the house that sends a link to control the load.

tenholde
        tenholde

Comment

Funny. That's what I ended up doing.

Comment

I use a lot of double-taps on my switches. For example, double tapping any of the three switches controlling load in the kitchen (pendant, can and under cabinet lights) activates a link that turns all three on. Similarly, you could have the top and bottom rocker simply set to snap on at 100% so nothing would happen if anyone hit the switch, but program a double tap top or bottom or both to turn it off, should you ever need to reset the lamps, etc by removing power.

Comment

Working...
            X