Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to monitor temperature over INSTEON?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any way to monitor temperature over INSTEON?

Gents,

I am looking to monitor my freezer in my garage for failures (for failures (usually because someone does not close the door completely). I have both Z-wave and INSTEON, and I am considering the Everspring ST814 Z-wave sensor, but it does not have a remote probe, so I would have to put it inside. The problem with this is the unit would have to be exposed to sub-freezing temperatures, but more importantly, the signal would have to penetrate the metal enclosure, which I think will be a problem. This unit runs on batteries.

Alternatively, I can use the INSTEON freezer kit, which is a binary temp sensor connected to an I/O link. It runs on AC, and I would only get an alarm when the threshold is reached. This of course runs on AC.

Oregon Scientific does have a remote probe thermometer, but I do not have an RFX comm and I am trying to get by without one.

Does anyone know of any other INSTEON temperature monitoring devices (besides thermostats)??

TIA,

BD

I have one of these Temp Alerts in my attic attached to a I/Olinc. It controls an attic fan. Not fancy, but its been up there in the heat and cold for 10 years and does its job well.

It has a range of 130 to -30 and is a reliable and simple device.

There are 2 sets of contacts in the temp alert so you can measure 2 different points.. You could get the EZIO2x4 or the EZIO6I and get readings from both of them independently.

Paul

Comment

How about this?
      http://www.smarthome.com/2441ZTH/INS...rmostat/p.aspx

Comment

Comment

The SimpleHomeNet EZIO8SA and EZIO8T have a built in 1-wire input for use with a DS18B20 temperature sensor. If you don't need this capability immediately, I am working on integrating support for these in a future release of the SimpleHomeNet plugin.

Comment

@hurry: Very interesting! Might be a worthwhile method.

While I got you: how does your plugin work with/next to Mark Sandler's plugin? I assume your plugin registers as an external device and communicates through his plugin?

-BD

Comment

Hurry4it, do you have an answer for that last question from brundog ?

If your ezio8sa supports sensors like this next one, it is very interesting for a project we are starting shortly. Thank you !

http://www.smarthome.com/1526/Automa...-Sensor/p.aspx

Comment

The SimpleHomeNet plugin uses the Insteon plugin to communicate with the insteon network. So SimpleHomeNet devices are registered with the SimpleHomeNet plugin not the insteon plm plugin.

hope this helps
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
                X