Spa temperature sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spa temperature sensor

Has anybody recently found a spa temperature sensor they can connect to HomeSeer? Every thing I searched for (like floating sensors) have been discontinued or are indefinitely out of stock.

I don't much care how it gets in to HS3. Looks like the RFXrec433 is an option, but again, the spa sensors that connect to it are discontinued.

Maybe this will work with RFXCom.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...9HW29TAB7MCSDT

The sensor end of this may work with the RFXCom plugin as well. You could put it inside the unit in contact with the water.
    http://www.amazon.com/Oregon-Scienti...D4708H873P0KWQ
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Afraid Not

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      Maybe this will work with RFXCom.

The sensor end of this may work with the RFXCom plugin as well. You could put it inside the unit in contact with the water.
      http://www.amazon.com/Oregon-Scienti...D4708H873P0KWQ
      My old Oregon floater died. It did work.
      The Ambient and Neewer models are not supported by the RFXCom plugin.

The Ambient does work very well, just not with HS3...yet

It sure would be nice if the full line of Ambient 433 sensors could be supported by the plugin.

Comment

clay2young, when you said "Afraid not" did you mean that none of the 3 sensors listed by Rupp will work? Or did you mean that you don't currently have sensor that works with HS3?

Comment

Maybe the Oregon BBQ

Originally posted by mschwab View Post
          clay2young, when you said "Afraid not" did you mean that none of the 3 sensors listed by Rupp will work? Or did you mean that you don't currently have sensor that works with HS3?
          It is not specifically supported in the plugin, but since a lot of Oregon sensors are, I'd guess the plugin would detect some signal from it. If you can convert that into readable info using another supported Oregon profile, I do not know. Have not tried.

I do not have a pool sensor working with RFXCom at the moment. I am still trying to get something through my receiver from the Ambient floater that I can convert to useable data without luck so far.

Under HS2 and the old 800 receiver I was successful creating devices/triggers from unsupported devices by treating them like X-10.

I do not know if the inability to use Ambient sensors is a plugin limitation or an incompatibility with the receiver HS is selling for RFX use with HS3.

Comment

I forgot...

When I had a full Vantage Pro weather station with Ambients Virtual weather system software I could get any info from its sensors into HS2 & 3 using that VWS plugin. And that included a temp probe I could hang in the pool. Only problem was Raccoons were frequently pulling out the probe and its transmitter.

Comment

The third sensor is an Oregon sensor and I'm pretty sure it will work with the RFXCom plugin.
              Yep it is:
              http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=157361

Comment

I have the OS W800 working through RFXCom for about 5 years now. Works well, does what it says on the tin, I'm on number three though as I'm using mine in an outdoor pool and they don't weather the elements very well. The antenna rubber perishes over time and the screen takes a beating with the sun and pool chemicals.

If you have an indoor spa then it's an ideal device and not unattractive .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
                Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Yeah.. I noticed the screen gets so smokey that you can hardly read the numbers. I was thinking on seeing if I can replace the plasic screen...
                  I'm on my second one as well. I do like the idea of being able to know the pool temp so too may be looking for a replacement at some point.
                  HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
                    I have the OS W800 working
                    Which sensor is this? I searched for W800 Oregon and didn't see this model.

Comment

Sorry Rupp. That what happens when you try and type and change a baby at the same time.

THWR800 is the model.
                      Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Ah Ok. Take care of that device as they are no longer made which is a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                          The third sensor is an Oregon sensor and I'm pretty sure it will work with the RFXCom plugin.
                          Yep it is:
                          http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=157361
                          Well, that thread talks about the ACRF2, which isn't available for HS3 apparently.

So I get the AS129, an RFXrec433, and the RFXCom plugin, and I'm all set?

Seems odd that the only way you can buy a new spa thermometer that works with HS3 is to get a BBQ therm and submerse it? All those nice looking floating sensors are discontinued?

Comment

Not sure what type of spa you're working with.

I constructed an in-water temperature sensor for our hot tub using a DS18B20, a custom fitting and a Fibaro universal sensor.

I got a local engineering company to make me a fitting out of 316 stainless. The fitting looks something like the attached picture but without the hole in the end and I epoxied the DS18B20 in from the other end.

This has been working reliably for over a year with a second DS18B20 for outside temperature monitoring (frost protection in winter).

Paul..
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mschwab View Post
                              Well, that thread talks about the ACRF2, which isn't available for HS3 apparently.

So I get the AS129, an RFXrec433, and the RFXCom plugin, and I'm all set?
                              Well, the AS129 BBQ thermometer works, but only for a few hours, because it times out and shuts off!

So I'm still without a currently available solution that works with HS3.

Yes, the floating Ambient does work well by itself, with a nice min/max display unit, but no HS3 interface.

I guess I'm going to need to learn how to hook up a bare thermistor (1-wire?) to my ADIO-100, EZIO8A, or even try to fire up one of the Arduino's I bought and never learned how to use.

Comment

Working...
                              X