No announcement yet.

ZMC v3 Whole house audio system on the cheap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, you have your hands full, no rush, TAKE your time. I wouldn't even be thinking about this as a possibility without your ingenious write up and script.

Sent from my iPhone
    Tom
    baby steps...starting again with HS3
    HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
    HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
    Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
    In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
    System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Wow, that a lot on your plate guy. Like everyone else said your contributions are much appreciated!

Was thinking would it be easier or even possible for the time being to utilize Jon00 connector scripts, making it easier to run your script in HS2 and reference HS3 or something like that?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
      HSPro: 3.0.0.194
      PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
      HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Thanks for all your kind words.
        My biggest problems are time (not enought of it) and information like how to create an event by scripting in HS3. Searching the info and finding the info takes a lot of time. Coding the solution is done quickly.
        - Bram

Send from my Commodore VIC-20

Ashai_Rey____________________________________________________________ ________________
        HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
        PIugins: ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | BLBackup | FritzBox | Z-Wave | mcsMQTT | AK Ikea

Comment

Oke, small update.

I have figured out the event system and an event is created, timed and deleted afterwards so that seems to work now. I still have to deal with the wierd descision of HS for not using device codes anymore
          There is so few documentation to work with that i now understand why nobody wants to convert this script to HS3
          - Bram

Ashai_Rey____________________________________________________________ ________________
          HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
          PIugins: ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | BLBackup | FritzBox | Z-Wave | mcsMQTT | AK Ikea

Comment

Amazing Bro..

Your contributions are much appreciated as we can't express that enough. Later net week I'll be available to demo anything you have done.

Just one question I have while your working in HS3,what can We utilize for a media player for audio distribution per each zone if we wanted to do multi input audio or just event single source with playlist/play/etc..

Thanks again

Charlie

PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
            HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

I don't know if i understand your question right but you can any source that plays to an audio output. For example i have the onboard soundcard and an usb sound card. Both are connected to the XAP and can be used.
              In my case i use the usb card for all the music to the rooms (via WinAmp) and the onboard soundcard can be used with WMP and such but i use it mainly to speak announcement via the speaker client.
              - Bram

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

I was referring to a media plugin in HS3. How do I you connect winamp to HS3, or what other media players are available that u know of.

Comment

For HS2

hs.Launch(UsePlayer, 'parameters or URL' )

Internet radio example with WinAmp
                  hs.Launch("c:\Program Files\Winamp\winamp.exe", "http://icecast-qmusic.cdp.triple-it....nl_live_32.aac")

Playlist example
                  hs.Launch("c:\Program Files\Winamp\winamp.exe", "D:\Media\Audio\Playlists\TOP40.wpl")
                  - Bram

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

Update.
                    Althought work didn't go as fast as i wanted i still made some progress. Due all the changes to the HS3 scripting engine I descided to rewite the core of the ZMC script to prevent ending up with 'spaghetti code'. The events is working for single and multiple events but devices aren't yet updated. I've added support for setting this thing up via just a 'Setup' call. All the devices needed will be created according your setting file. I also cleaned up the number of settings so that will be easier too. Available time here is still very limited but when possible i work on this. Thanks for your patience with me.
                    - Bram

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

Thank you for the update and bigger thanks for working on this.

Sent from my iPhone
                      Tom
                      baby steps...starting again with HS3
                      HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
                      HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
                      Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
                      In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
                      System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Awesome stuff.

U have all the necessary hardware and atmosphere, but if u need an additional beta tester with 2 units, I'll be free for testing after 1 week or so.

Appreciate your efforts and contributions.

Charlie Wayne

Comment

@CharlieWayne,

By now you are the only one that i know of that is using more then one XAP unit so basicly i am implementing that for you..
                          - Bram

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

Just a quick note of support. And another tester if you want. HS3, 1 Xap800, Condensor mics, etc.

Comment

I have 3 xap800 stuck in custom.. hopefully i'll get it before the end of the month
                              HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Update.

I got the core functionality working now
                                - Control the units via native commands
                                - Control via ZMC script such as ON/OFF single room or all
                                - Support and control up to 96 outputs by name (64 when using XAP400 units)
                                - Support up to 8 mics (more will give you a hard time balancing it all)
                                - Automatic OFF events creation
                                - Speech to single rooms or all rooms
                                - Included device setup call so you don't have to make 90+ device by hand
                                - Now you can exclude parts of the script such as VR and/or Telco
                                - Should work with (X)AP800\400 units (only tested on XAP800)
                                - Added tons of debugging info
                                - Made also a psr file. That's a site settings file with all the settings for the configuration of 2 XAP800 units including English labels, strings and control macros
                                - And more...

What isn't working yet
                                - VR control (This is mostly due to some external scripts that needs to be changed)

- Telco control

Still to be done.
                                - Making a setup guide
                                - Zip package
                                Last edited by AshaiRey; July 25, 2015, 10:41 AM.
                                - Bram

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

Working...
                                X