Trouble adding 2nd Z-Net as a Secondary Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mario23 View Post
    Do I just add it and then assign to a different network? I don't want to get all locked up the same home ID thing like I already did ;(
    Yes that's what I did. 3 different networks.

One on each end of my house and one in the detached workshop.

Only real down side to this is the mesh networks are only good for each individual network, but since you have more networks and closer to the devices it shouldn't make a difference. Hope that makes sense.

Comment

Wow I'm so bummed right now.
      I added my old znet then selected to erase and create a new network.
      When it was done it had the same home ID and both don't work. My primary znet doesn't work now...again. When I try to trigger a device I get this message in the log with no errors.

Device: ZWAVE KITCHEN DIMMER to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

I tried removing the old znet and restarting the primary...restaring the pc as well as the primary znet...nothing helps. This is actually the second time I've gone down this road. If I can't fix it I'll have to erase and delete it and start over yet again. The restore is fine but I still have to go back and name the nodes again then correct all the events as well as my touchscreen so not the best solution.
      HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

Not exactly sure what is going on but if the hs devices are not associated with zwave nodes, delete the zwave database, file zwave2.db in data/zwave folder, then restart hs. This will rebuild the zwave info from hs devices and sync them.

Wow I'm so bummed right now.
        I added my old znet then selected to erase and create a new network.
        When it was done it had the same home ID and both don't work. My primary znet doesn't work now...again. When I try to trigger a device I get this message in the log with no errors.

Device: ZWAVE KITCHEN DIMMER to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

I tried removing the old znet and restarting the primary...restaring the pc as well as the primary znet...nothing helps. This is actually the second time I've gone down this road. If I can't fix it I'll have to erase and delete it and start over yet again. The restore is fine but I still have to go back and name the nodes again then correct all the events as well as my touchscreen so not the best solution.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

It was hosed as soon as I tried to add a znet. It would not use another home id no matter what I did. I'm trying to force feed now using another technique found on the forums. It shouldn't be like this though. I'll have to rebuild everything again.
          HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

You can edit the .zwave text file that holds the nodes and set your own homeid, then restore the nodes to set it.

When you erase it should create a new id, I will have to look at that.

It was hosed as soon as I tried to add a znet. It would not use another home id no matter what I did. I'm trying to force feed now using another technique found on the forums. It shouldn't be like this though. I'll have to rebuild everything again.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Tyler helped me out today. It took a few steps but we got it all working.
              I didn't know you had to turn off the primary znet before addding another.
              Tks

Comment

Stuck trying to add secondary controller

I am trying to add a secondary controller (Aeon Labs USB) to my primary Z-Net. I have managed to add it, so far it is on its own network. I do not have the option to make it secondary. I tried to create a node list from a backup from my Z-Net, which I edited and deleted all the nodes from. But I do not have a restore on the Aeon Labs, nor a make secondary. It looks to me as if it has a unique Home ID, so it should ?
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                  Try this, power off all of you Z-Wave interfaces, then just power on the one that is not working properly. Then do an erase on that interface and make sure it has a unique Home ID. If the Home ID is not unique, edit a node back up file and enter a randome Home ID......
                  I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to mention that this method finally worked for me. However, there were errors generated in the log for the new Z-Net Wifi (node 104):
                  Apr-07 15:14:18 Z-Wave Warning The device at node 104 should result in 2 child devices being created, but the node interrogation currently has 0. This may still result in a successful child creation.
                  Apr-07 15:13:14 Z-Wave Root Node Device Node 104 Z-Wave Sigma Static Controller was created for node 104 on network 003D73A5
                  Apr-07 15:13:10 Z-Wave Error Z-Wave was unable to negotiate a compatible security scheme with node 104
                  Apr-07 15:13:02 Z-Wave Node 104 supports the SECURITY command class - negotiating a security scheme...
                  Apr-07 15:13:02 Z-Wave Done. Node 104 Added.

It seems to be working as it should, so I don't think that these errors matter, do they?
                  Thanks,
                  Elliott
                  "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                  "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Working...
                  X