HSTouch Suddenly stop working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTouch Suddenly stop working

I run HS3Touch and HS3. Recently it stopped responding on every device except my PC. I have 2 Ipads, 2 Iphones and 1 android devices. All devices act the same. Open the app and see the connecting message and the getting data message then HSTouch opens normally. However none off the buttons work and devices that are being monitored just display a blank value. The 2 Ipads have the same screens as the PC. I re-deployed them to the Ipads but it still don't work. The only devices that has IOS 10 is one of my iphone and it doesn't work either. Since I see the screens and was able to re-deploy the file I assume it's connecting to HS3. I also made sure the buttons were still programmed before I deployed. Not sure were else to go from here.

It could be your HS3 license needs resetting. Put in an email to support@homeseer.com and we can check that for you.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

How are you connecting to HSTouch? Are you using myHS?

Comment

No not using MyHS

Comment

Did your IPAddress change? Does the firewall need updating? Did your ISP just start blocking the HSTouch port?

Comment

IP address is the same. All devices are all on the same network including the PC and the PC works fine so I would assume IP and ports are fine. And just to clarify the PC that I run HSTouch on is not the same as HS3. Also when I open the app the HS3 log shows that the devices has connected to HS server.

Comment

Did you change anything on the HSTouch server in the last few days? Did you try disabling the HSTouch server and then re-enabling it? What about a reboot of the HS3 server? If this doesn't work it may be time to enable the debug mode so you can see what is going on when the connection is made.

Comment

This issue started a few weeks ago. Had not made changes recently. Disabling an re enablaning plugin does nothing. Restarting HS3 does fix the issue temporarily but after a day or so it stops working again. I just restarted to confirm that still fixes it. When it stops working again in the next few days I will turn on debug log and post back.

Comment

It's now been 2 days since I restarted HS3 and it stopped working again. It happens in phases. 1st thing I noticed is monitored devices are blank when first opening the app but after a few minutes they display correctly while all buttons work instantly. Then monitored devices are blank all the time and buttons still work. Last, monitored devices are blank and no buttons work. This all happens in the course of a few days. I put the log to debug. When using HSTouch from the pc client everything works and the log shows command sent from the computer client. When I push a button on the ipad nothing happens and the log doesn't show command sent. I do however see these types of lines"SendToClient iPad:iPad Data DEVICECHANGE|496|0|73||" so the ipad client appears to be connected. This is very strange.

Comment

As mentioned I didn't do any changes to HS or HSTouch in the same time this started happening. However I had done a few thing a bit before. First I had added a few screens to HS Touch a month before. I still had my old project saved so I deployed the old HSTouch project and still the same issue. I tried deploying my pc client project to the IPAD as the PC client works flawlessly. No changes. Other thing I did recently is add a plugin. I deleted it and still the same issue. The PC and Ipad are both connected true the same router and both are true WIFI. As mentioned above the log does show it's connected however doesn't respond to button presses. What else can I do to trouble shoot this? HSTouch is a big part of my system and without it I'm loosing half the functionality of HS. I've ready a lot of negative feedback on the forums about HSTouch in general, however Iv'e been running it since I first started in HS and have been happy with it until now . Hopefully someone can help me figure this out.

Comment

Originally posted by freeon View Post
                      As mentioned I didn't do any changes to HS or HSTouch in the same time this started happening. However I had done a few thing a bit before. First I had added a few screens to HS Touch a month before. I still had my old project saved so I deployed the old HSTouch project and still the same issue. I tried deploying my pc client project to the IPAD as the PC client works flawlessly. No changes. Other thing I did recently is add a plugin. I deleted it and still the same issue. The PC and Ipad are both connected true the same router and both are true WIFI. As mentioned above the log does show it's connected however doesn't respond to button presses. What else can I do to trouble shoot this? HSTouch is a big part of my system and without it I'm loosing half the functionality of HS. I've ready a lot of negative feedback on the forums about HSTouch in general, however Iv'e been running it since I first started in HS and have been happy with it until now . Hopefully someone can help me figure this out.

If we start off with your router, what's speed and location as opposed to your devices?

Eman.
                      TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

As far as location I can put both the laptop and Ipad side by side I still get the same results. The speeds vary a lot for some reason. It can be anywhere between 20 Mbps to 90 Mbps. If it was the router wouldn't the pc be affected as well? I have never seen even once the PC client not respond to a button press.

Comment

As far as location I can put both the laptop and Ipad side by side I still get the same results. The speeds vary a lot for some reason. It can be anywhere between 20 Mbps to 90 Mbps. If it was the router wouldn't the pc be affected as well? I have never seen even once the PC client not respond to a button press.
                          I am quite not sure if you have enough band width but try to do more tests on your network. This here :http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...87#post1241287 is very old but the same may apply.
                          Do you run a very old router say 54Mbps (Thus resource hogging?) Or do you have powerful router as these here? :https://www.asus.com/us/networking/w...ters-products/

If your router is powerful then you should inspect your network thoroughly by disconnecting everthing start adding them one after another and making sure no one else shares your router outside your network!

Note : this is a soft approach (don't even think of deleting your hard work before you sort out the network)

Update HomeSeer and .NET Framework to the latest versions.

Go slow but sure!

Eman.

Comment

This is my router http://www.hitron-americas.com/product/cgnm-2250/

I recently updated HS to this:HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.297 (Windows) and come to think of my HStouch problem started around the same time.

How do I update .NET Framework

I will try disconnecting everything from my router and make sure HS is the only thing connected to see if this will make a difference.

Probably won't have time to attempt anything until Sunday or early next week. In the meantime thanks for your help and I will post an update as soon as I have time to try this.

Comment

This is my router http://www.hitron-americas.com/product/cgnm-2250/

I recently updated HS to this:HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.297 (Windows) and come to think of my HStouch problem started around the same time.

How do I update .NET Framework

I will try disconnecting everything from my router and make sure HS is the only thing connected to see if this will make a difference.

Probably won't have time to attempt anything until Sunday or early next week. In the meantime thanks for your help and I will post an update as soon as I have time to try this.

Microsoft .NET Framework :https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=48130

Try and update it. It could be what's causing the problems.

Eman.

Comment

Working...
                              X