Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon00 Remote Computer Control & Network Monitor (HS2, HS3 & HS4)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ABL View Post
    I installed the network monitoring a few days ago and must say I'm really impressed that this kind of functionality is even possible (I think Homeseer should hire you!). It has been functioning well for a few days, but when I changed the ini all pc's/devices are shown as offline. When I ping the devices in a dosbox these produce succesfull ping-rates. In the log I see the same error message Dan posted on page 10 (PM Jon00_RCCNM Error in updateVD subroutine: (Conversion from string "" to type 'Date' is not valid.)

Furthermore I wonder whether it would be possible to also send commands (via ip) to my Win7 mediacenter (for instance: Livetv / video's / music / etc or to retrieve information from the mediacenter what is playing?
    If Dan's solution does not work, email a copy of your Jon00RCCNM.ini to me and I will take a look.

You cannot retrieve info from MediaCenter but it may be possible to control it via keyboard/mouse movements. Also take a look at the MediaCenter plugin which may do what you want.
    Jon

Comment

Hi Jon,

I downloaded this package about a week ago and have it working great. It is yet another quality product by you ;-)

I am not using the remote control client/features but just the network monitoring side of it. I have a cable router that occasionally locks up, so to be able to monitor that and take corrective action when it occurs is great.

Many thanks.

John

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
        This package allows you to remotely control functions on Windows computers on your local area network via Homeseer. This is achieved by installing a client application on each PC to control and with commands, retrieve information.

In addition, the package also includes a network monitor to determine the status of devices on your network, websites or check that the Internet is online.

Remote Computer Functions:Network Monitor functions:

Hi Jon

I want to be able to restart my WHS remotely (via web access). What would I install on the server to have it behave like a client?

Regards

mark

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
        HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
        2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
        USB UIRT
        Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
        WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
        HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
        HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
        2GIG Thermostat
        BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
        BLUPS
        UltraLog (SQL2008)
        Jon00 Plugins
        Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
        Global Cache IP2IR
        Foscam FI8918W

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
          Absolutely a great program, I use all the times. Planning to use it to automate backups when computer is not in use, schedule Microsoft updates at night.
          Currently using to check when my computer is on during vacancy times, turn off computers at night when not in use and etc. and I'm only using 40% of his capabilities. I'm going to download these new features soon. One of the best app. out there, very happy with this, thanks for your time and effort, very much appreciated.

Thanks,
          Aldo
          Originally posted by JimBob View Post
          Hi Jon,

I downloaded this package about a week ago and have it working great. It is yet another quality product by you ;-)

I am not using the remote control client/features but just the network monitoring side of it. I have a cable router that occasionally locks up, so to be able to monitor that and take corrective action when it occurs is great.

Many thanks.

John
          Appreciate the comments guys.

Originally posted by mark_anderson_us View Post
          Hi Jon

I want to be able to restart my WHS remotely (via web access). What would I install on the server to have it behave like a client?

Regards

mark
          The package comes with a small client application that you would install on your WHS. After a small amount of configuration, you can then send commands via Homeseer to the client to do various things as listed.

You can set it to reboot with a simple script call if you wish.
          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
            If Dan's solution does not work, email a copy of your Jon00RCCNM.ini to me and I will take a look.

You cannot retrieve info from MediaCenter but it may be possible to control it via keyboard/mouse movements. Also take a look at the MediaCenter plugin which may do what you want.
            Jon, thanks for your kind offer. I did a reinstall of the package and the status is updated perfectly now (I think I messed up the ini-file).

What I'm not able to do now (I was a few days ago) is to control the other pc's. The errorlog shows: 8/1/2011 11:42:51 PM IP Address 192.168.178.21 tried to access the client and was rejected.

The ip-address is from my server running homeseer and the client is my working pc (works neither for my laptop with the same error message). I tried to close the firewall, but that didn't help either...

Comment

I'm not sure I can help with that one as it is related to your network. Something is in place that is preventing access on the port allocated to the client. It could be Anti Virus software etc, firewall or your router.
              Jon

Comment

I disarmed my firewalls and antivirus on my internal pc's. But I'm still unable to control. My homeseer-pc runs on Windows Homeserver and my pc's on Windows 7 and Windows XP. What kind of control do I need to get going between the pc's (is that just remote desktop functionality?)?

Comment

The Client just connects via TCP on a specific port.

I really need a bit more detail as to what you have done with setting this up. If you want to take this offline, send me an email with your settings.txt from the client and the Jon00RCCNM.ini from Homeseer and I'll take a look to see if you have missed anything.
                  Jon

Comment

I just sent a mail to the webmaster account I found on your website...

Comment

I've just responded back. The issue is with the IP address you entered within settings.txt.
                      Jon

Comment

Jon, thanks a lot for responding to my question. Yesterday everything worked perfectly (I'm going to do some further testing on my other pc's this evening). The fast help as well as the splendid plugin are very much appreciated... I wish I had only a very little bit of your programming skills... (if you however need any investment advice please let me know :-) )

Comment

Another thing that I changed is to not copy the client in C:\programfiles, but instead to the desktop as I experienced that Windows 7 sometimes blocks access to this directory and asks for permission. I'm not sure whether this helps but I thought it would be worth mentioning...

Comment

Originally posted by ABL View Post
                            Another thing that I changed is to not copy the client in C:\programfiles, but instead to the desktop as I experienced that Windows 7 sometimes blocks access to this directory and asks for permission. I'm not sure whether this helps but I thought it would be worth mentioning...
                            Yes, that is good advice. I'll put that in the instructions when I next update.
                            Jon

Comment

I've got it! I like it!

Jon,

I have downloaded it and I am impressed, not only at the way it works, but the flexibility and POWER of the system. The limiting factor in making it work to its maximum is my imagination in dreaming up what I want to do!

Is there a way to broadcast popups, baloons, text announcements to ALL clients? I have some announcements of things like washer done, dryer done, fridge door left open or too warm, etc.

Thanks again for your powerful, flexible, and FREE solutions!

Gayle Snedecor

Comment

Hi Gayle,

Thanks for the comments.

There is (currently) no way to send to all clients, however you can specify the clients via a script call i.e.

Result=hs.Runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main","1+2+3||popup||hell o world||||orange||white||16||")

The 1+2+3 bit means that the popup with the message 'hello world' would appear on PC's defined under [Device1] [Device2] and [Device3]
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X