Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon00 Remote Computer Control & Network Monitor (HS2, HS3 & HS4)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I have your attention Jon

My log is also filling up with this message every couple of mins which is the recurrence of the event.
    09/12/2011 19:27:02 Script Script Jon00RCCNM_A.vben("clientstatus","") is currently running, waiting for it complete before its run again
    09/12/2011 19:29:02
    Script Script Jon00RCCNM_A.vben("clientstatus","") is currently running, waiting for it complete before its run again
    Should I make the recurrence a longer period?
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Gogs,

Checking the clients should only take a second or two at the latest so something is not right with your setup.

Can you give me an overview as to what you are currently doing with the script both in terms of the network monitoring and using the remote clients.

In the meantime, set the clientstatus script to only allow one copy to run at a time.
      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
        Gogs,

Checking the clients should only take a second or two at the latest so something is not right with your setup.

Can you give me an overview as to what you are currently doing with the script both in terms of the network monitoring and using the remote clients.

In the meantime, set the clientstatus script to only allow one copy to run at a time.
        I have set it up to monoter two computers, Comms and Gordon's respectivly.

It monoters when the comps are on line.

With Comms it monitors the Client and if looses contact with the client restarts the computer using a appliance module. It's a simple HS condinional event "Device: Jon00 Network Comms Client changed to OFF" tried if has been off for 5 mins but that was just ignored by HS.

With Gordon's I use the client to shutdown the PC, that works ok, and wake up on LAN - that does not work.

Here is the extract from the ini.
        [Device2]
        Housecode=S11
        Name=Gordon's PC
        Type=Computor
        IPAddress=xx.xxx.x.xx
        MACAddress=00-17-3F-0B-09-EB
        Pagecheckstring=
        HostRes="0"
        Port=
        PingTimeout=125
        VDButtons="1,2,3,4,5,+11,6,7,8,+9,10"
        Iconset=1
        UseClient=1
        ClientHousecode=S17
        ClientPort=8002
        ClientVDButtons="2,3,4,5,+11,6,7,8,+9,10"
        ClientPingCheck="0"
        [P1]
        Housecode=S20
        VDButtons=2
        Device=2
        command=shutdown
        Parm1=
        Parm2=
        Parm3=
        Parm4=
        Icon=
        Response=N/A-
        ResponseUpdate=09/12/2011 07:52:33

[P2]
        Housecode=S21
        VDButtons=1
        Device=2
        command=wol
        Parm1=
        Parm2=
        Parm3=
        Parm4=
        Icon=
        Response=
        ResponseUpdate=
        I do not know if this will help but here is a screshot of the devices.
        Attached Files
        sigpic
        A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Sorry Jon,

Forgot to mention that preventing more than one instance ofJon00RCCNM_A.vbn running at the same time solved my log problem. No log entries.
          sigpic

Comment

installed plug in, I installed Jon00RCC on target PC with port xx port. The VD commands are not showing up, and the ping is not working. Any ideas?
            here are my settings.
            [Settings]
            Logging=0
            WOLPortNumber=7
            PingCount=2
            AutoMAC=0
            ShowIPAddress=1
            ShowPingTimes=1
            ShowLastUpdated=1
            ShowOnOffLine=1
            ShowLastOnOff=1
            PingTextTO=timed out
            PingTextUR=unreachable
            ClientIconup=
            ClientIcondown=

[Device1]
            Housecode=P1
            Name=Server
            Type=
            IPAddress=xxxx
            MACAddress=xxxx
            Pagecheckstring=
            HostRes="0"
            Port=
            PingTimeout=125
            VDButtons="1"
            Iconset=1
            UseClient=1
            ClientHousecode=P1
            ClientPort=5400
            ClientPingCheck="1"

Comment

Originally posted by afmiller View Post
              installed plug in, I installed Jon00RCC on target PC with port xx port. The VD commands are not showing up, and the ping is not working. Any ideas?
              here are my settings.
              [Settings]
              Logging=0
              WOLPortNumber=7
              PingCount=2
              AutoMAC=0
              ShowIPAddress=1
              ShowPingTimes=1
              ShowLastUpdated=1
              ShowOnOffLine=1
              ShowLastOnOff=1
              PingTextTO=timed out
              PingTextUR=unreachable
              ClientIconup=
              ClientIcondown=

[Device1]
              Housecode=P1
              Name=Server
              Type=
              IPAddress=xxxx
              MACAddress=xxxx
              Pagecheckstring=
              HostRes="0"
              Port=
              PingTimeout=125
              VDButtons="1"
              Iconset=1
              UseClient=1
              ClientHousecode=P1
              ClientPort=5400
              ClientPingCheck="1"
              The only mistake I can see is that you have set the Network Monitoring HouseCode and the Client HouseCode to the same i.e.

Housecode=P1
              ClientHousecode=P1

Cange one to something else.

Have you set up recurring events to run the respective network monitoring and client monitoring? Examples attached. I set mine to run every minute.
              Attached Files
              Jon

Comment

I will fix and try that. I was under the impression that the commands would pop up under the network status, I haven't set up a client script yet, only the network.

Comment

OK, please let me know. I'm about to retire for the night so will not respond until tomorrow.
                  Jon

Comment

Got it working, im interested in the sending messages the HDD space. Is it possible to retrieve data from any HDD on the network, or must it be only on the HS machine? I tried the sending messages as in the example, I added the button under my server, and tried to send the pop up and it sends the script but I don't get the pop up
                    Last edited by afmiller; December 10, 2011, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Four Thumbs Up!!!

Hi Jon00,

Just wanted to say thanks for a great script, I had set it up a while ago but never done it properly, anyways I changed the port on my PC and got it fired up using both remote control and monitoring. Using the Snevl Latitude script the house looks at when i leave, and when i am not at home, it sends the shutdown message to the PC, and i am about to set it up so that when i get home (or within x kms from home) it will send a WOL to the machine to turn it on, which worked very well sending WOL from the status screen.

This has very much increased the WAF of the Home Automation System so thank you very much!, I was wondering if you plan on having a Mac client at any stage, that would be great to be able to control the wife's PC as well, although not a major requirement.

I was going to ask, is there any way you can sent the same command to multiple PC's without having multiple script events, like where the Client Number is, could you do a 1,2,3,4,5 if you wanted the same thing to be sent to clients 1 - 5. The other question i had was is there a limit to the number of Clients you could have running, i am thinking in my head something like this would be great for School Computer rooms, to send a shutdown command when the alarm is armed, and turn off 20 - 100 computers, and when the alarm is armed in the morning, a WOL could be sent.

I also have your system set up using Hamachi, which seems to work really well, basically my work PC is behind a range of Firewalls which makes the port forwarding impossible, so i was able to install Hamachi on the HomeSeer Server, and on my work PC and it creates a virtual tunnel / VPN between the two machines, so i can see if my work PC is on, but also and more importantly i can send TTS messages, and popup messages to my work computer when I have fire calls, or when a visitor is at the front door or the alarm goes off.

As with everything you seem to do, well done on another impressive and professional script.
                      HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Gogs,

Your posts are getting buried. So to recap:

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
                        Just istalled it, great stuff.

One problem: 08/12/2011 17:18:25 Error 1 Running script Jon00RCCNM_A.vben("clientstatus","") :method not found
                        Any thoughts?
                        From your screenshots, it looks like the client status is updating correctly so I assume this was a one-off?

I also noticed this error message in the log when I tried to wake up a computer "09/12/2011 17:34:06 Jon00_RCCNM Error in send subroutine: (Object reference not set to an instance of an object.)"
                        It was working OK yesterday.

Thanks.
                        Does this happen all the time when you hit the WOL button?

With Gordon's I use the client to shutdown the PC, that works ok, and wake up on LAN - that does not work.
                        Have you tried another application to see if WOL actually works on your remote machine. Also look at this post to see if you have WOL correctly setup: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...&postcount=343
                        Jon

Comment

Got it working, im interested in the sending messages the HDD space. Is it possible to retrieve data from any HDD on the network, or must it be only on the HS machine? I tried the sending messages as in the example, I added the button under my server, and tried to send the pop up and it sends the script but I don't get the pop up
                          You can retrieve hard disk space from any PC on your network running the client. To show the information, you need to setup a preset.

In the Ini file, find the following entry:

[P1]
                          Housecode=
                          VDButtons=
                          Device=
                          command=
                          Parm1=
                          Parm2=
                          Parm3=
                          Parm4=
                          Icon=
                          Response=
                          ResponseUpdate=

A typical entry could be:

[P1]
                          Housecode=P71
                          VDButtons=
                          Device=1
                          command=getdrive
                          Parm1=C
                          Parm2=
                          Parm3=
                          Parm4=
                          Icon=
                          Response=
                          ResponseUpdate=

This would retrieve the hard drive data for drive C on the client installed (as defined under [Device1]) and show the information on the virtual device P71

You would need to setup an event to retrieve this info with the following optional parameters:

("preset","2")

The first time you run this event, the virtual device will be created.

I really need more info on the popup. How did you configure this?
                          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
                            Hi Jon00,

Just wanted to say thanks for a great script, I had set it up a while ago but never done it properly, anyways I changed the port on my PC and got it fired up using both remote control and monitoring. Using the Snevl Latitude script the house looks at when i leave, and when i am not at home, it sends the shutdown message to the PC, and i am about to set it up so that when i get home (or within x kms from home) it will send a WOL to the machine to turn it on, which worked very well sending WOL from the status screen.

This has very much increased the WAF of the Home Automation System so thank you very much!, I was wondering if you plan on having a Mac client at any stage, that would be great to be able to control the wife's PC as well, although not a major requirement.

I was going to ask, is there any way you can sent the same command to multiple PC's without having multiple script events, like where the Client Number is, could you do a 1,2,3,4,5 if you wanted the same thing to be sent to clients 1 - 5. The other question i had was is there a limit to the number of Clients you could have running, i am thinking in my head something like this would be great for School Computer rooms, to send a shutdown command when the alarm is armed, and turn off 20 - 100 computers, and when the alarm is armed in the morning, a WOL could be sent.

I also have your system set up using Hamachi, which seems to work really well, basically my work PC is behind a range of Firewalls which makes the port forwarding impossible, so i was able to install Hamachi on the HomeSeer Server, and on my work PC and it creates a virtual tunnel / VPN between the two machines, so i can see if my work PC is on, but also and more importantly i can send TTS messages, and popup messages to my work computer when I have fire calls, or when a visitor is at the front door or the alarm goes off.

As with everything you seem to do, well done on another impressive and professional script.
                            Thanks for the kind words and interesting uses for the script.

You can send the same command to multiple clients by separating the client numbers with a + i.e.

1+2+3

Example:

("main","1+2+3||mutetoggle")

Regarding the number of clients, the only limitation is defining a different port number to each. As there are 65000 + port number, that should be sufficient!

It would be very difficult to port to the MAC as many of the client features control direct Windows functions.
                            Jon

Comment

Hey Jon,

So a little more about the sending Pop up messages. I followed your example to the letter, minus using vd 11 I used +12 for a new line. The ip address I used was the one my homeseer server is on. It created the button, but when I press it I do not get a pop up, will it be a little blurp on the client St the bottem right, or an actual pop up in the center of the screen. I have not seen either

Comment

Hey Jon,

So a little more about the sending Pop up messages. I followed your example to the letter, minus using vd 11 I used +12 for a new line. The ip address I used was the one my homeseer server is on. It created the button, but when I press it I do not get a pop up, will it be a little blurp on the client St the bottem right, or an actual pop up in the center of the screen. I have not seen either
                                So to recap, you have the client running on your Homeseer server and the settings are configured under [Device1]?

To see if the popup etc is working, right-click on the client and select Macros then 1. Watch and listen on the Homeseer PC directly. Does that work OK?
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X