Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon00 Remote Computer Control & Network Monitor (HS2, HS3 & HS4)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ABL View Post
    Again my iPhone has some problems; this is my 11th device and I keep having to change the ip-address to X.X.X.25 but Homeseer keeps transforming it to X.X.X.254 and than can't find it anymore.. (so the iPhone stays offline in the status)
    I've just sent you an update to try.
    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by ABL View Post
      6. Improved Host resolution checking code to enable devices to be tracked if using DHCP. => not sure how to test

What this means is if you set the HosRes value to 1 under a device, the script should track/change its IP address from its MAC Address. This is only useful if you have dynamic allocation of IP Addresses (Not recommended for Network Monitoring BTW)

7. Added individual device checking to the network monitoring. => not sure how to test

If you have a specific device that you wanted to check say only one a day, rather than routinely, you could set it manually in the ini file (say device 150 - out of the normal way of the main monitoring routine) and then call it with the optional parameters ("network","150")

8. Added logging to both the network and client devices to record when a device is up, down or troubled. => not sure how to test

This is done by setting the network log and/or the client log (on the web page or ini file) to 2 (or 1 - read the instructions). The log files are stored in your data/jon00network folder.
      Jon

Comment

Just tried your updated version. Now experiencing some problems with devices shifting. For some devices the iconset is not right and a few devices have given an ip-number of 254 instead of their own. Checked these with the settings in the aspx page and there they are correct.

Also deleting all devices and have these created (with update vben) doesn't solve the problem. The lock feature you added is something that I certainly like. But I added the iPhone as a locked device and after refreshing another device was locked and the iPhone has disappeared...

Comment

First thing... make sure HosRes is set to 0 on all devices whilst testing.

When you say you have device shifts are you saying that the device number changes for a specific computer?

Regarding the iPhone, find it's device number in the list. Enter the same device number, IP address and MAC in the blank fields at the bottom and press submit. Does it disappear from the list or now locked in place?

The text for the IP/MAC turn blue if it is not detected on the network.
          Jon

Comment

In the old iPhone device there is no MAC address (although I've entered one a few times). So I copied the exact same ip-number, device name, device code, etc and the aspx page lets me create a second similar device. And when I reopen the aspx it still shows two similar iPhone devices...

(Hostres was already set to 0 for all devices)

Edit: Briefly unlocked the devices and submitted and now both iPhone devices show also the same MAC address; locked again. Table still shows two similar devices.

Comment

OK, Thanks...I think I found the bug. Will send you another update soon via email.
              Jon

Comment

Wow, I've not finished installing. Just read the manual last night. You both have more time than I do!

--Dan
                Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

It's my first day off since half a year; so well deserved to spend a few (normal and no nightly) hours on Homeseer I would say...

Comment

Luckily I'm off work this week but I'm spending more time on this than I wanted!

I've now sent ABL the next attempt!
                    Jon

Comment

Sorry for that Jon.
                      Unfortunately the aspx page didn't work. I manually changed the ini file and now everything is running fine. It seems that the script keeps adding devices to the ini. Started at 13 devices and now have had 18 of them...

Comment

I'm not sure I understand. It may show you 18 IP/MAC addresses because that is what it detected on the network. Did you have device numbers against all 18 or just 13?
                        Jon

Comment

After updating the aspx page it kept adding devices (at least in my understanding) because there were a few iphones and mediacenters in my ini-file. The ip-address in the ini file for a few devices was their original ip-number and a 254 number (last digits).
                          Also the lock=1 command was not present for all devices, although they all show up as being locked in the aspx page.

The number of devices in my network is 13...

Comment

If you look at the first column (Device), how many have numbers against them?

You may have old data in the ini file as well. Perhaps you should delete all entries under [device14] upwards.
                            Jon

Comment

V1.2 released!

Version 1.2 is now available for general download:

Significant speed improvement in client control operation (nearly instantaneous now!)
                              New web configuration page to setup the important settings for network monitoring and remote control.
                              Configuration page supports auto MAC Detection and OUI support (NIC Manufacturer).
                              IP/MAC intrusion detection on all monitored subnets with optional virtual device and event/script triggering
                              Added appwindowctl command to the client which enables control of application Windows (minimize, maximise, normal, minimize all etc).
                              Improved Host resolution checking code to enable devices to be tracked if using DHCP.
                              Added individual device checking to the network monitoring.
                              Added logging to both the network and client devices to record when a device is up, down or troubled.
                              Removed the client ping feature as it is no longer used.
                              Portstr command should now accept strings with a space at the end.
                              Added the PC/Server IP Address and Adaptor/MAC Address to the Client 'About' text box

Please post any problems!
                              Jon

Comment

You weren't kidding about your having time off!

I got home from work late last night, have not had a chance to switch everything over to the new revision, and here it's already released!

Did you want me to still try the files you sent me, or do you want me to get the official install package and try that?

--Dan
                                Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Working...
                                X