Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i got it working but it is only working under my web app i am having issues trying to integrate it with hs. So i built my own web app that is touch driven so i just link it from hstouch into a new window.

all it is is front end that sends commmands from the API back to autonomic telnet server. its nothing outstanding like wanted it.

Comment

Count me in as a tester

I played around with the HS Nuvo Plug in and gave up. I started writing my own but I'd rather spend the time helping make your plug-in solid .

I've got the Autonomic Mirage MMS-5 connected to the Nuvo GC. My PC talks to the Mirage over Ethernet/IP. A neat trick the Mirage does is allow serial passthrough of the commands to/from the Nuvo when you connect to the Mirage on port 5006. I'm using NetSerial to connect to the Mirage on thus port and create a virtual com port.

Comment

Originally posted by caborabo View Post
        I played around with the HS Nuvo Plug in and gave up. I started writing my own but I'd rather spend the time helping make your plug-in solid .

I've got the Autonomic Mirage MMS-5 connected to the Nuvo GC. My PC talks to the Mirage over Ethernet/IP. A neat trick the Mirage does is allow serial passthrough of the commands to/from the Nuvo when you connect to the Mirage on port 5006. I'm using NetSerial to connect to the Mirage on thus port and create a virtual com port.

Have a Nuvo GC and NV-MP 9old Music Port) as well.
        Willing to help with troubleshooting etc.... also.

How do you like the MMS-5?
        Where did you get it?

Comment

just finally got some time to join back in the community been gone too long working ontother projects that i havent had time to mess with my system. I have pretty much given up all ope on the current nuvo api but i wish they would just open source it so ic an see what going on.

Comment

I just bought a Hometroller this week and been struggling with the Nuvo plug-in (and the learning curve doesn't help). It seems as though there' s little support for this interface.

I'm connecting directly to my Essentia from HSPro but I only see the COM Port field in the Nuvo Config page. The log shows some activity which seems to be loading the plug-in but then it seems to hang:

11/4/2011 5:52:00 PM Plug-In Initializing Plug-in: Nuvo
            11/4/2011 5:52:00 PM Nuvo Devices created.
            11/4/2011 5:52:01 PM Nuvo Comm Thread Started
            11/4/2011 5:52:01 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Nuvo
            11/4/2011 5:52:01 PM Nuvo COM Port Opened, Thread started.
            11/4/2011 5:52:01 PM Nuvo getting zones
            11/4/2011 5:52:01 PM Nuvo getting sources
            11/4/2011 5:52:33 PM Nuvo Generating Status Page...
            11/4/2011 5:57:40 PM Nuvo Generating Status Page...
            11/4/2011 6:16:31 PM Nuvo Generating Status Page...

And that's it. It never gets passed this point. Help... I can't live without my Essentia being automated. Especially having this functional from my previous system.
            Last edited by Krameduoh; November 6, 2011, 08:30 AM.

Comment

I know my Essentia uses a baud rate of 9600 over its serial port; I've had it running this way now for a few years. But the latest Nuvo documentation shows 57600. After running a simple test to Com port 1 of my HSPro while enabling the plug-in, I realized the Nuvo plug-in is communicating at 57600 not 9600.

Is there anyway to change the plug-in's baud rate to 9600 without having access to the driver code? I'd love to try this and see if it makes any difference.

Comment

okay guys i need to know what is currently broke in the source code so i can start fixing things and release an update. let me know as soon as you get a chance to the people that run a nuvo system

Comment

Originally posted by tt300zrcr View Post
                  okay guys i need to know what is currently broke in the source code so i can start fixing things and release an update. let me know as soon as you get a chance to the people that run a nuvo system

List of not working so far:
                  On initialization PI needs to get all the keypads, sources, zones correctly from the GC.
                  Need to be able to control the zones and select sources from within HS.
                  Events need to work
                  Triggers need to work.

Some of the above issues may be related a timing or communication protocol issue.

I have a never version of the plugin but it still does not function correctly.

I control my Nuvo GC from within HS with scripts I have written. This is not the optimal way to do control of the GC.

Thank You in advance for taking the time to look at this.

Comment

I have made some minor changes to it. I will update here as soon as i get some time traveling for work right now.

Comment

crap now i am having serial issues wth my dev box. Ill have more time later trying to develop stuff remotely sucks..

has anyone run the wifi to serial adapter on these unis i been running the lantronix adapter on mine but i wanting to go wifi version to test somethign out.

Comment

No WIFI to serial adapter here.

Sometimes the GC will refuse commands even though it is sending the #ping response.

Thanks for the update on the progress.

Comment

Originally posted by scotchskip View Post
                          List of not working so far:
                          On initialization PI needs to get all the keypads, sources, zones correctly from the GC.
                          Need to be able to control the zones and select sources from within HS.
                          Events need to work
                          Triggers need to work.

Some of the above issues may be related a timing or communication protocol issue.

I have a never version of the plugin but it still does not function correctly.

I control my Nuvo GC from within HS with scripts I have written. This is not the optimal way to do control of the GC.

Thank You in advance for taking the time to look at this.
                          Chris,

Is it possible for you to share the script you wrote to control GC

My setup does not have Nuvo Music port
                          it's GC (15 Zone) and 4 Source connected directly to HSpro via Com port
                          I am not able to get zone and source in HS

thank you
                          Pranav

Comment

Originally posted by maanav15 View Post
                            Chris,

thank you
                            Pranav
                            pranav what version of the plugin are you running i got zone and source working without the music port easily done.

Comment

Originally posted by maanav15 View Post
                              Chris,

thank you
                              Pranav

Attached is the script that I use to send commands to the serial port for my NUVO. This script was composed by Ken Mitchell for sending commands to a serial port.

This is a screenshot of a simple event to speak the time to a zone.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Chris,

looking at hte code still when you send a command to the music port which in turn is fed to the nuvo GC controller.

Suppose you select source whatever and then try to see the status in hyper term what do you actually see. Have you tested that All i ever get back is the communications ping never can send multiple things at once.

Comment

Working...
                                X