Problem with Alt Text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Alt Text

I am deploying an abbreviated screen to my Android so that I can see status outside of the house, but I'm not having too much luck with the labels on my fields... instead of the "Alt Text" showing up, the values are showing up for certain controls.

Here is how HSTouch Designer looks. An example field is circled in red showing the text from the "Alt Text" field (also circled).
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2014-06-30 21.57.26.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	1206758

But, when I deploy to the device, this is what I get. The same field is also circled in red.

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-30-21-48-42.jpg
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	1206759

I have the just done a factory reset (for other reasons) and loaded the HSTouch client 1.0.94 from the Play Store.

Any help is much appreciated.
    Thank you
    Sunil

If you run the same project in the windows client does it do the same or does it work? Just to try and eliminate a problem with the android client or not.

Comment

Hi mrhappy, when the same screen is deployed to a windows client, my wife's iPhone or either of our two iPads, it works fine.
      thanks

Comment

It sounds like a bug to me in that case, unfortunately there is not a great amount you can do other than log it in the Bugzilla database but it might take some time to fix. You could create a virtual device as a bit of a go between if you wanted to and that could display whatever text you wanted.

Comment

Ok, thanks. I'll start looking on the forums but any pointers on virtual devices? I don't think I've done that before. Thanks.

Comment

Hi,

It looks to me like you have status tracking set to use value and it should be set to use status text. Try changing it.

Greig.
            Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
            X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
            Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
            Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
            Scripts =
            Various

Comment

I tried that and it works, but then the background color of the field - which is actually more important - does not show up. Further, for some controls, the values which HSTouch Designer offers for matching do not match the text which the control provides so I can't even match it to trigger the colors. If you know how to get the background color to work when matching the status text.
              Thanks
              Sunil

Comment

Originally posted by lockon View Post
                I tried that and it works, but then the background color of the field - which is actually more important - does not show up. Further, for some controls, the values which HSTouch Designer offers for matching do not match the text which the control provides so I can't even match it to trigger the colors. If you know how to get the background color to work when matching the status text.
                Thanks
                Sunil
                I have just run a test here and it works no problem. I have the background red and the text green for off and the background green and the text red for on and both change every time i change the device. Can you check the status pairs as I think they only show up if they are set as control or both as a status value can not be controlled so will not show up.

I used a text box and set the status tracking to use status text then set up the alternate text values.

Greig.
                Last edited by enigmatheatre; July 1, 2014, 09:04 AM.
                Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                Scripts =
                Various

Comment

What do I do about the case with the lock where the status text says "Locked" but there is no corresponding choice in designer?

Here is the status tracking dialog:

Name:	Screenshot 2014-07-01 11.34.15.png
Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	1174270

Here is the status colors dialog ...

Name:	Screenshot 2014-07-01 11.36.00.png
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	1174272

... but the only choices are shown below...

Name:	Screenshot 2014-07-01 11.34.25.png
Size:	591 Bytes
ID:	1174271

At least with the value I could trigger the color.
                  Thank you greatly for your assistance!

Comment

Ok I think this is confusing you.

The first screenshot is correct.

The second screenshot needs to be changed. Set match mode to match value and select the value 255 for on and 0 for off like you had before.

So the device status tracking should be set to track text so it displays text but the alt text needs to change on value change.

Greig.
                    Scripts =
                    Various

Comment

THANK YOU! If I could kiss you I would I pulled out half my hair on this one... I never thought about trying the mixed configuration of status text and value ... I just assumed if one was changed then the other had to change... duh!
                      works like a charm now!!!
                      thank you, thank you, thank you!

PS, but it is still weird that all of the platforms don't behave the same way...

Comment

Originally posted by lockon View Post
                        THANK YOU! If I could kiss you I would I pulled out half my hair on this one... I never thought about trying the mixed configuration of status text and value ... I just assumed if one was changed then the other had to change... duh!
                        works like a charm now!!!
                        thank you, thank you, thank you!

PS, but it is still weird that all of the platforms don't behave the same way...
                        No problem I have been there before.

You are correct about the platforms but I always set the device status tracking to the type you want to display and the alt text to what you want to track.

The designer has its quirks right enough.

Greig.
                        Scripts =
                        Various

Comment

Hi, I'm just facing this same problem in the HS3, seems like it's not been fixed yet.

If I set the Status Tracking to Use Value, Status Colours can be either match type:
                          - It works on Windows and displays both the colours & AltText properly
                          - The android client updates the colours correctly, but the labels shows the value instead of the AltText

If I set the Status Tracking to "Use Status Text", Status Colours can be either match type:
                          - It works on Android and displays both the colours & AltText properly
                          - It partially works on Windows, but you have to refresh the screen or switch / return focus for the labels to update.

Why is is so hard? At this point my main clients are Android so I'll stick with the second method.

Comment

Working...
                          X