Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTOUCH AND HS3 PERFORMANCE/PROBLEMS

I have the .94 client on a Galaxy S4.
    1. Performance is very slow and I'm not sure whether it is HS3 or the Android client.
    2. I don't see the Pressed font/color so it is hard to tell if the delay is in the app or the server.
    3. It also seems that the fore and back properties are not being honored .... I have a text box with "loading image" behind a camera image and it ends up on top.

Anybody been down this road?

For 3 the Z-Order has been an issue for years and I am not sure there has been any movement on it so it is likely to still be broken. The delays can be difficult to pin down, does the default project show the same behaviour? If not then it is likely an issue with your project, if so it could be an issue with your connection (does it change with wifi/3G type connection) or the HS3 system could be very busy (any high CPU use with HS3.exe?).

Comment

Ther are actually only 3 (or was it 2) layers, despite a Zorder assignment that would appear otherwise.

Comment

same thing with default project. Didn't happen in HS2. How do you trace what is happening?

Comment

On your S4, are you connecting over 3G/4G or WiFi?
          Also, are you using the myhomeseer service for network connection?
          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rschein View Post
            same thing with default project. Didn't happen in HS2. How do you trace what is happening?
            This is the difficulty, there are a number of possible holdups. If it did not happen with HS2 then you might (might) be able to rule out a connection issue, although as rmasonjr says if you are using the new service that could introduce a delay.

Next thing I would look at is to possibly create a virtual device, just leave it at the default settings and using the default project see about controlling it to see whether or not that behaves the same way. That is just to eliminate any issues with plugins having a delay in controlling devices.

Comment

Originally posted by Automated View Post
              Ther are actually only 3 (or was it 2) layers, despite a Zorder assignment that would appear otherwise.
              Correct. These are the 3 layers:

Foreground layer
              "Lock to Background" layer*
              Background layer

that's it. Z-order may or may not work depending on the client it's running on. if you can avoid using it, you should.

*if you place a graphic on top of the background and change the "Lock to Backgropund" property to TRUE, HSTouch will draw the graphic as part of the background. After that, you can place another element on top of it (foreground layer).
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Problem appears to be linked to snapshot.cgi
                Once I open a screen with a picture everything slows down on the android phone.
                I am using "close a screen" to exit the screen. Does that stop the photo process?

Comment

Originally posted by rschein View Post
                  Problem appears to be linked to snapshot.cgi
                  Once I open a screen with a picture everything slows down on the android phone.
                  I am using "close a screen" to exit the screen. Does that stop the photo process?
                  Yeah the video does tend to drag things down a bit, it is not truly streaming video which is the issue rather a series of recurring requests for the image. I don't know the inner workings of the client enough to comment on whether closing the screen ends the process, my instinct says if after you close a screen it is still slow to respond then no it is not ending that process but only who wrote the client can tell you.

Comment

I agree the process is not terminating. I need to shut down and restart the client. Seems to be all of the clients, windows CE, Android, and windows.

I can't get a current working client for a kindle (no download posted) so I little hope of it ever getting disclosed or fixed.

Comment

You may want to read this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by RJS View Post
                        You may want to read this thread.
                        Once again with the link:
                        http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=169555

Comment

Thanks,
                          Looks like a good lead. I'll give it shot.

Comment

DING - DING - DING -- Winner Winner Chicken Dinner.

That does it.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X