• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Ed.
    Don

Comment

Range of values: Selection window not accessible

Odd problem: I select a CM15A dimmable device. tenScriptAid finds it and in the CAPIControls window, the "Execute" button is shown, Value shown: "0-100", and "Label" is shown: "Level (value)%".

I click on Execute and a small window, "Select a Value", shows up for an instant, which should allow me to select the Level desired. But it does not display long enough to allow the mouse pointer to make the selection. At that point, I can no longer access the main tenScriptAid window because focus is on the small one that is hidden. So I "Close all windows" to fire the tenScriptAid prompt to be sure I want to terminate tenScriptAid. before I can try again. Sometimes, when I "Close all windows", the "Select a Value" window closes shifting focus back to the main tenScriptAid window without exiting.

The "Select a Value" window is visible when the mouse points to the tenScriptAid window in the Windows 10 system tray, and that window can be selected, but, as soon as the mouse moves off of it, the actual "Select a Value" window hides.

This is the first abnormality I have encountered with this great tool Ed.

Frank

Comment

I discovered I can close (Using "x") the "Select A Value" window from Windows tray, so terminating & restarting tenScriptAid is not necessary. Also, when closing the window in that manner, the code necessary for the script is displayed correctly for the default level of 0%. That makes the tool perfectly usable.

Comment

Is counter increment a CAPI Control?

I was hoping to use tenScriptAid to determine the CAPI Control statement needed to increment a counter. When I pulled up the counter in tenScriptAid I do not see any CAPI Controls for it. So is incrementing a counter not a CAPI control?

What I ultimately want to do is use the AddDeviceActionToEvent function to add an action to an event to increment a counter, but the parameter to that function is CAPIControl and I do not yet understand those so was hoping tenScriptAid could help me figure that part out. Below is an example of an action I want to add to an event by script.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	TimerIncrementEvent.png
Views:	1
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	1186138

Below is what I see in tenScriptAid for the counter.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	tenScriptAidCounter.png
Views:	1
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	1186137

Any pointers are appreciated. Thanks.
          John

Comment

John,

I had not done anything with timers or counters, so I had to research a little.

While counters are displayed on the Events Management screen, they really do not appear to be treated as Devices by HS3. As you are aware, there are separate scripting calls for managing Counters. I have not tried it, but it would be interesting to see what updating the value of the Counter 'device' actually does.

If the only way to add an Action to an Event via scripting is to add a CAPI action, then you may be out of luck. From what I see, the Counter 'Device' does not support a CAPI interface.

tenholde
            tenholde

Comment

You can add an action to run a script, perhaps a script that increments the counter by 2.

tenholde
              tenholde

Comment

Originally posted by tenholde View Post
                You can add an action to run a script, perhaps a script that increments the counter by 2.

tenholde
                Is adding an action to run a script a CAPIControl? CC was the only action I saw that could be added by script to an event, using the AddDeviceActionToEvent function.

Comment

Originally posted by jhearty View Post
                  Is adding an action to run a script a CAPIControl? CC was the only action I saw that could be added by script to an event, using the AddDeviceActionToEvent function.
                  http://bugzilla.homeseer.com/bugzill...ug.cgi?id=1398

tenholde
                  tenholde

Comment

Thanks. One of the many undocumented features! For those reading this in the future, Rich's resolution to the bugzilla:

I added the following function to the "HS" object so you can add a run script action to an event. Note that this will remove any existing run script action.

Public Sub AddActionRunScript(ref As Integer, script As String, method As String, parms As String)

Comment

I created a virtual device with a drop down list of values. When I looked at it in tenScriptAid and tried clicking the Execute button for it, another window with the drop down control selection always opens in the same place behind the tenScriptAid window regardless where the tenScriptAid window is located, so you can never see it. I can only tell it is behind there by a second item on my windows task bar in the tenScriptAid group, which I can hover over to see the window. No way to activate the window though.
                      Edit: I found the same issue with a regular dimming light device for a dim selection.
                      Last edited by jhearty; July 4, 2016, 05:32 AM.

Comment

When I ran this application I got the an Unhandled Exception Error (screenshot attached).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SgtBilko View Post
                          When I ran this application I got the an Unhandled Exception Error
                          It looks like it can't find HS3. The first thing to check is be sure the IP address of your HS3 computer is entered correctly. Is HS3 installed in a folder with a path that differs from the default?
                          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by SgtBilko View Post
                            When I ran this application I got the an Unhandled Exception Error (screenshot attached).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
                            Do you have HomeSeerApi from the downloaded zip file in the same directory as tenScriptAid.exe?

What version of HS3 and tenScriptAid are you using.

Are you running tenScriptAid on the same computer as HS3?

tenholde
                            tenholde

Comment

Thank you tenholde

I was running tenScriptAid separate from the .dlls that came in its folder....having moved it to my desktop. Now I am running it from its folder it works fine.

Ian

Comment

Working...
                              X