Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What will this new feature help? Or for what reason was this new feature was created? Sorry for my ignorance.
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      done in version 3.0.0.41 available here
      Cheers, will give it a try this weekend

Comment

in version 3.0.0.41 available here I have implemented Global triggers (i.e triggers that work for any instance of the Kinect plugin)

there is a new "Global Trigger" option for the "A phrase is recognized" trigger.
        [ATTACH]52819[/ATTACH]

For this to work you need to respect the following rules:
        • The instance that created the global trigger needs to always run, if it doesn't run the other instances won't be able to fire the event. I would advise to create a dummy instance that is not connected to any Kinect sensor, which runs locally and from which you can configure all your global triggers
        • Once your global triggers are configured, you need to restart other instances or run a "Rebuild grammars" action before they are active for other instances. I would advise to create a manually trigger event that rebuild the grammars for each instance, and run it every time you change or add a global trigger.

[ATTACH]52820[/ATTACH]
        Thank you so much! Do I need to update HS or were you able to work around the limitations?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AZweimiller View Post
          Thank you so much! Do I need to update HS or were you able to work around the limitations?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
          you don't need to update HS, the only limitation there is (and which cannot be removed easily) is that the instance that created the global trigger needs to always run.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
            What will this new feature help? Or for what reason was this new feature was created? Sorry for my ignorance.
            if you have several kinect instances, this new feature helps to avoid duplicating triggers. For example you can now have a "What time is it?" trigger that works for all the instances.

Comment

done in version 3.0.0.41 available here
              The debug prefixed with the instance name is working great.

Thanks very much,
              John

Comment

Hey Spud -

Im pretty sure you have these stats, I thought I saw them in debug mode but I was wondering if you could expose them to scripting -

Just built a house and I connected 6 Kinects around the house, a few are close enough that if its quiet they both hear your request and will answer it. I thought I saw the audio level received in a debug I was looking at from the plugin, so I was wondering if that could exposed to a script so I could simply write a script for all commands (which I had running before I moved, just a large script for all my Kinect commands that was parsed). I would then reply to the speaker client with the highest "volume" received, which should, logically, be the room you are in asking the question....

Thanks
                Scott

Comment

Originally posted by surovich View Post
                  Hey Spud -

Im pretty sure you have these stats, I thought I saw them in debug mode but I was wondering if you could expose them to scripting -

Just built a house and I connected 6 Kinects around the house, a few are close enough that if its quiet they both hear your request and will answer it. I thought I saw the audio level received in a debug I was looking at from the plugin, so I was wondering if that could exposed to a script so I could simply write a script for all commands (which I had running before I moved, just a large script for all my Kinect commands that was parsed). I would then reply to the speaker client with the highest "volume" received, which should, logically, be the room you are in asking the question....

Thanks
                  Scott
                  +1
                  I need this feature too (I've got 6 Kinects, and need to add 3 more)

Comment

Spud,

I run the plugin remotely in my theater and it worked flawlessly for a time. Around the time I upgraded to Windows 10 on the host PC I started having issues with it. The Kinect would randomly stop responding to voice commands. I have debug logging turned on and you can see phrases being recognized and then at random it just dies. The plugin is still running but you can sit there and speak commands to it all day long with nothing. Restarting the plugin always fixes the issue...for a while. I figured this was an issue with Windows 10 due to the problem presenting after the upgrade. I recently noticed that I can cause the Kinect to stop responding by physically moving it. I assume I have a short in the USB cable or something. I can pretty reliably make it stop recognizing phrases by wiggling the wire. Restarting the plugin continues to fix it. I will probably be trying a different unit once I swing by Gamestop. That brings me to my feature request:

It seems like it would be a good idea to have the plugin perform some kind of health check with the sensor. Some kind of keep alive or poll to make sure that it can still talk with the physical device. If this check fails the plugin could attempt a reinitialize to try to solve the issue on it's own. This is all in the name of reliability. I feel like an idiot when I sit down and talk to my theater and nothing happens :-D

Comment

Would it be able to have gesture and posture control within a zone as a trigger?

Thank you
                      Chris

Comment

Working...
                      X