What does "Hide device from views" do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does "Hide device from views" do

I Checked it for several devices but they still show up in the "Device Management" views.

Originally posted by DC View Post
    I Checked it for several devices but they still show up in the "Device Management" views.
    The middle icon at the top right of the Device Manager page toggles that filter. If it is green all devices are shown. If it is red devices marked as "Hide this device from views" are not shown. If you hover your mouse over any of the control icons a tool tip will explain their function.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Ahhh. I see it now. I think in HS2 it was a drop-down. That's what I was looking for. I thought the "Show All" button was supposed to be a drop-down and wasn't working correctly. Thank you.

Comment

Can you hide some of the devices things like Status, Home Security, etc. from being shown in the device lists when creating Events?

Comment

Originally posted by pcgirl65 View Post
          Can you hide some of the devices things like Status, Home Security, etc. from being shown in the device lists when creating Events?
          Devices cannot be hidden from Events, only from mobile and/or Device Manager views. If you are using a computer with a keyboard to create Events, type the first letter or few letters of the device’s location2 and the list will jump to that location. With the naming conventions I use I can type “pow” and it will jump to Power devices or “lig” will jump to Lighting. This is where careful thought into naming and use of Location1 and Location2 will really pay off. Even with several thousand Devices, I can quickly jump to any group of Devices then a specific a Device when creating an Event. Using this technique it is possible to build very complex Events in short order.

Comment

Can you enlighten me on how you have things organized? I am learning and I am finding that putting things into floors and then rooms seems to make the names very long in the device list when doing events. Maybe there is a better way?

Comment

Originally posted by pcgirl65 View Post
              Can you enlighten me on how you have things organized? I am learning and I am finding that putting things into floors and then rooms seems to make the names very long in the device list when doing events. Maybe there is a better way?
              Look at this thread. In the 14th post, I show all of the naming I use, but you need to decide on what works best for your purposes. Since I posted that, I have further refined how I use naming and locations. Near the bottom of the first post in this thread I show how you can change the Location names and in what order they are used.

Comment

Working...
              X