This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTouch and Google TV

If you have Google TV with honeycomb (now available on the Logitech revue and the Sony), HSTouch does run. The market is not showing the app due to some permissions, which we will fix. But for now, you can install the 1.19 APK file, here is how:

1) On GoogleTV browse to this forum and click on the link for the APK file. The file will download.

2) For some reason, it downloads it as a .ZIP file and you cannot install it as is.

3) Install a file manager from the market, run the file manager, browse to the downloads folder, then rename the file by chaning the extension from .zip to .apk.

4) Now open the file from the file manager, or you can run it from the downloads section in the Google TV settings. This will install it.

5) When you run it, it will load the 800x480 project in portrait mode. Depending on your screen resolution, you can create a project in the designer at 1920x1080 (for full HD) or 1280x720 (for 720p). Deploy and it should work fine.

6) We will be adding some 1920 and 720 projects to the install soon as well as the necessary changes so app appears in the Google TV market.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

I was just playing with one of these today at a friends house, installed Homeseer on it. Very cool device. They were only $150 so I ordered one up.

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    If you have Google TV with honeycomb (now available on the Logitech revue and the Sony), HSTouch does run. The market is not showing the app due to some permissions, which we will fix. But for now, you can install the 1.19 APK file, here is how:
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
    Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
    weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

refurb revues are available from amazon for $79.99

Comment

I can't seem to find the download link for the apk file, has this been removed? I tried on multiple devices.

Comment

Originally posted by damage View Post
          refurb revues are available from amazon for $79.99
          I have had multiple issues with refurb devices. I tend to avoid them.

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

Originally posted by wpiman View Post
            I have had multiple issues with refurb devices. I tend to avoid them.
            $99 new @ bb http://goo.gl/yTU80 - that is regular price i believe

Comment

That is the price-- if you can find it. None of my Best Buys have it; and it is not going to be made anymore. Logitech will roll out updates.

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

Originally posted by kirving1 View Post
                I can't seem to find the download link for the apk file, has this been removed? I tried on multiple devices.
                Anyone?

Comment

It's here http://homeseer.com/pub/hstouch_release_1_19.apk

Comment

btw, these things use 12-14W continuously

Comment

I ordered one from Amazon this morning.
                      - Pete

Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                        Thanks

Comment

I installed the app and it connects to the "Demo" server. Where I would normally expect to be able to click @ upper right to set options does not work. Any hints?

Comment

Monk; on the android its a slider; you can get a ghosted menu on the bottom of the screen; there you will see the options to set up the Android HS Server connection.

Here with reboots and wipes of the Revue I keep having the same issues with the Logitech Revue. It appears to be installing apps from market; yet it doesn't every complete. I changed the DNS servers as specified on one of the forums. All of the applications installed worked right out of the box. I did install the Amazon "market" the other day. I've read its something to do with the cache or DNS.
                            - Pete

Auto mator
                            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks for the quick response , Pete. I am currently hovering the mouse pointer around the bottom of the "project" screen where the Homeseer logo is shown. Am also clicking - can't get anything to show up.

Comment

Working...
                              X