IP Camera setup for still and vid record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IP Camera setup for still and vid record

Ok, I've been looking at setting up a security system with HS, including HSTouch for my vast collection of i-devices. My only computer is a windows-based work laptop. I've been looking at the different HS controllers and various camera options. My question is how exactly do I incoporate a camera with HS and HSTouch for live viewing over an iPhone (still or video) and have the ability to record? I'm assuming there is a DVR in the equation somewhere, but how does it connect to HS? And does the ability to view remotely depend on the capabilities of the camera? There are a number of independant camera's at the box stores that come with a URL for viewing the feed. Would I have to embed this URL into HS/HSTouch, open a new safari browser...? Or is this redundant and would any wired/wireless camera that is hooked into HS work? Is the PRO-100 Controller the key, since it has a built-in webserver, since I won't have a dedicated computer for the system? For the DVR, would just any NAS storage device work, or is there 3rd party software needed? Thanks in advance!
Working...
X