Plugin for wireless ip camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if there is any plugin for wireless ip camera that i can use in Hs2pro.

Yes, it's called the netCam plugin available via the HomeSeer updater.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

yes, did read about that, but this plugin is yust for snappicture and not streaming...after that i can understand.

Comment

HSTouch can be used to create a screen with camera selection and to create one connection from you client on the Internet to quickly switch cams without having to open up a port thru your router/firewall for each cam. Screen grab from my iPhone HSTouch client. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375145137.329401.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	1170116

Comment

A plugin for ispy would be realy nice

Comment

What you create when you utilize a separate "box" or NVR is a reverse proxy server such that the source of the video is a piece of software running multiple streams. Many times its not considered with 1-2 cameras setting up autonomous "rules" sets for just two cameras or using Homeseer as the proxy server.

Today Homeseer touch will do very quick snapshots or stills of the camera to emulate video capturing 1-2 frames per second.

The current netcam plugin, third party plugins and DIY scripts do that. An event of "motion" is a series of snapshots; IE: like somewhat walking up your driveway or your front door et al. There are also tools such that you can combine these series of snapshots to create a very short video that you could run in slow motion. Many of these applications though use standards of frames per second such that say 240 pictures would be only 8 seconds of video at 30 frames per second.

With the above "video" composition though; it starts to tax Homeseer's utilization if you do this on the server say with 16 streams of live capturing at 30 frames per second at a 640 X 480 pixel size and up. Video though has always been one of those "things" utilized to benchmark CPU's. Many years ago Intel and AMD had a contest relating to how fast a CPU could process video with new compression methodologies. As CPU speeds went up; the speed of compression or mathematical computations become fast such that more detail and more stuff could be done in a multitask methodology. IE: Intel chips initially were not developed as multitasking chips originally such as the 68XXX chips from many many years ago.

You can though too embed a third party streaming application into homeseer touch; but it is running as a side mounted application with whatever OS you are running.

Today many of the IP cameras and or NVR's come with viewer applications custom written for whatever OS (Android, Wintel or Apple) is running on the client side viewer. Issues do crop up as typically the medium or methodology of streaming is using standard codecs but the OS running provides a propietary means of accessing the stream.

This leads to the "chicken and the egg" scernario where one shoe doesn't fit all feet? What is neat though with HSTouch is that you can run an external program and "overlay" live video in an HSTouch screen providing you with a 30 fps (frames per second) motion video. I've been playing a bit with XBMC; unrelated but somewhat related. Today you can create a text file with the commands such that you can save the text file and load it as an individual stream in a window and do this numerous ways with whatever OS that XBMC is running on; IE: Linux, Wintel, Apple and Android.
            Last edited by Pete; August 3, 2013, 11:07 AM.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete, it seems that you know a lot of ip cameras.
              Am looking for a outdoor camera, something like this.
              http://empiresecuritycameras.com/p-1...ens-onvif.aspx

can you recommend any ip cameras that works ok.
              I have 2 wanscam hw0022, but they loses connection to often.
              Am gonna use ispy software.

Comment

NOTE that the following is only my personal opinion.

I do not work for the MFG's and have only tested a limited number of MFG cameras in my residential sandbox.

I have been playing with Grandstream / Grandstream OS boards lately from cameras 2000 dot com.

I have been doing a lot of "what if I could do this" lately with IP cameras. Lately the DIY is a real PITA cuz I have to utilize a magnifying glass and jewelers screwdrivers with these tiny boards and very tiny screws while being very careful not to trash out or break the cameras. The other day I dropped a screw by my workbench and it took me probably some 30 minutes to find it. My first endeavor screwing in a wider lens; I screwed it into the very thin shutter and busted it into a whole bunch of little pieces making the camera disfunctional. Thinking the shutter was either very thin glass or hard plastic but it did kind of break up in tiny pieces over the CMOS part of the camera board. Imagine though a combo IP and camera lens assembly no bigger than just 1.5" to 2"; tiny total IP OS with SIP and motion detection and all kinds of network do this and that...very impressive stuff there.

My favorite lens size is a 2.5mm or 3.6mm lens and FOV. Recently am trying a front house facing dome with a 4mm lens on a 1080 IPHD camera board. The view is nice and sharp but not as nice as the 3.6mm or 2.5mm lens view.

They have a good warranty, return policies and excellent customer service. Most recently just ordered an outdoor IP65 night vision dome with a 3.6mm lens and 720 IP HD and POE for around $120 USD with free shipping. I have also been installiing just the camera lens board and IP board in Speco IP67 outdoor domes. The boards and camera boards are just a touch over $100 with free shipping. The 1080 HD cams are nice but a real pain in the A when trying to adjust the pictures and stuff. I utilize mostly my LCD TV to adjust the lens which in itself is a pita as I want to see the big picture versus what I see on my PC LCD monitors or laptops or whatever...

The one in your link looks almost the same as the one I ordered yesterday with POE built in and free shipping and a Grandstream OS. I have become a bit used to using it. On the other hand the Ubiquti Airstream cameras while much more simple has a very nice diagnostic wireless and wired OS for means of checking your wireless network and throughput of the cameras. I have been noticing that the propietary NVR programs written and free for the cameras offer the most features built into the OS. IE: the Ubiqiti NVR program or the Grandstream NVR program.

BTW you can tell what OS is running on the camera with the screen shots of the GUI. The Grandstream OS gui is identical on all of the Grandstream OS cameras even though it doesn't say its a grandstream. I do have now links to the OS such that you can modify the overlay with JPG and logos and different stuff in the overlay (text, time, date types of stuff).
                Last edited by Pete; August 3, 2013, 11:56 AM.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks Pete, gonna take a look.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                    NOTE that the following is only my personal opinion.

The one in your link looks almost the same as the one I ordered yesterday with POE built in and free shipping and a Grandstream OS.
                    BTW
                    Do you have a link for that camera?

Comment

http://www.securitycamera2000.com/pr...n-Outdoor.html

Note that it is not an IP67 but rather an IP65 camera. That said I personally like the all dome cover cameras better. I do though have two similiar analog cameras outside like these. Over the last three years the allen screws and set screws on the outside of the camera have rusted. They are all metal. The little rubber ring around the camera lens and glass has been affected by the weather. The camera doesn't get wet though as the camera housing is sealed from the bracket. There is a mixture of plastic and metal with this camera and most likely it will not rust - best guess. The 720 IP resolution with the 3.6mm lens and POE will provide the most features for me at a reasonable cost. On the other cams I have left the analog connections in place such that I am getting three streaming feeds from the cameras; analog, SD and HD video resolutions. Note that these are my comments based on a similiar 720 IP HD camera lens and IP board as I have not tried this one yet because I just ordered it yesterday.

Note too that the price with the POE pieces make it $126 USD with free shipping; such that the POE add is $20 USD. The technology is changing so fast that in a year or two IP cameras will be faster, better and cheaper. I am waiting for their NICs to be standardized at Gb here. BTW near Gb wireless speeds are also just around the corner. Its like a PC or tablet; you cannot keep up anymore with the technolgy.
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

it looks nice and it sems that ispy support it.
                        should i take the 3.6 mm lens if i want too see 3-4m infront of the camera.(a face/person)
                        Gonna use this infront of my maindoor.
                        Last edited by Mrtiger; August 3, 2013, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Check to see if ISpy supports Grandstream cameras. It should.

I went with a 3.6mm for a wider angle view. My camera view is the entire front of the house from the end of the automotive driveway. You might want something a bit different.
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                            Check to see if ISpy supports Grandstream cameras. It should.

I went with a 3.6mm for a wider angle view. My camera view is the entire front of the house from the end of the automotive driveway. You might want something a bit different.
                            Yes it support Grandstrem also.
                            Did order a camera now, did like the site lots of cool stuff there.

Comment

The support and customer service has been excellent with my experimenting with the DIY stuff I have been doing. The main customer service person that I have written to is Zoe.

Rather than just purchasing already built IP HD stuff lately I have been sort of DIYing the endeavor because I already had IP67 domes to play with.

My blog is a bit of rambling but does have pictures over here relating to my experimenting:

http://cocoontech.com/forums/blog/29...era-board-diy/

Here is a chart that is posted somewhere relative to mm sizes of lens and fov.

I am too looking to update my 1080IP camera board from a 4mm to a 1.7mm wide angle lens to play with in the next few weeks as the 4mm is nice but looking for a sort of fish eye view in the back of the house from the house out. This actually will be working with two IP cams in the corners of the property with views towards the house. (more experimenting). The outer two cams are really exposed to weather, much sunlight, sprinkler system and sap from trees; such that I push the limits of an outdoor camera. Really no protection for these cameras to see how well they behave.

The front mailbox dome installed also gets hit with weather whatever it may be. It is an experiment today. See attached picture. The last picture is a satellite view of my mailbox to house setup.

I am going in the direction though of redoing my Optex legacy combo PIR and analog cams to combo PIR, analog and IP HD cams as the small footprint camera board and IP board will most likely fit inside the combo devices. The combo Optex devices are very modularly built.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Pete; August 4, 2013, 06:06 AM.
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                              X