Multipurpose Speakers - Whole Home / Surround Sound / Intercom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multipurpose Speakers - Whole Home / Surround Sound / Intercom

In my master bedroom, I am planning on having 5.1 surround sound with the 5.1 being in wall speakers.

I want to be able to watch a movie in surround sound with the speakers with a receiver In the room (but hidden)

I also want the speakers to serve as part of the whole home audio system, and the speakers that the intercom and voice reminders, etc. come form.

Can this be done?

How would I do this?

Sure it can be done! Provided you are using a HTPC. Just sune an instance of the speaker client on said PC.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Hardware Needed

Ok, here is a bit more detail on my total audio project. I am pricing equipment that I will need. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Current Equipment:

Lounge room:
      Denon 1911
      5.1 surround sound

Questions:

1. Is this receiver worthless for home automation? Should I look into upgrading?

Living Room:
      Denon 3311 / Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature Series 7 channel (7.1 system)

Questions:

1. Is this receiver worthless for home automation? Should I look into upgrading?

2. Would a switch go between the receiver and amp or where?

Home Theater Room:
      Pioneer SC-1222 Receiver/ Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature Series 7 channel (7.2 system)

2. Would a switch go between the receiver and amp or where?

Master Bed Room:
      5.1 system with receiver and speakers to be determined

Son's Bed Room (Can likely run from russound, but want to be able to run the sound from the TV. :
      2.0 system tied to TV
      I basically want a whole house audio that would ideally include each of the above systems as part of it.

I would like the intercom to:

1. Have a separate controller aka tablet, on each floor (3 total) to control the intercom, and control the stereos on each floor

2. Ideally be able to adjust what is heard in each room from the controller

3. Have all audio in the house interrupted by intercom announcements.

4. Be able to maintain independent control of each surround sound system (aka theater, Bedroom, Living room, lounge area) with the receiver, blu ray and satellite receiver in each room, while still having an intercom interrupt music/TV for intercom announcements.

5. Is there a way to use a switch controlled by the automation to use one receiver, controlled by HomeSeer, run through one or ideally multiple amplifiers, a home video library system and or music system, and basically control everything through Homeseer through one receiver?

a. Is there a receiver that works best for control of something
      like this through homeseer?
      b. Can I continue to run my two existing amplifiers, along with a
      new 12ish channel amplifier running two speakers to 6 other
      different rooms for intercom and in room announcements and
      music?
      6. Which switcher or switchers would work the best for this?

7. What plug in's will be needed?

8. What other equipment would be needed (besides speakers and amplifiers)?

I know that this is a fairly complicated question, but this will be the first part of my home automation project and the most complicated really. With me being new to this, I am clueless and trying to put together a rough budget as well as determine how much wires, etc that I will be running.

Any other advice would be vastly appreciated.

Russound

I see that I can use something like the Russound 6 Zone/12 Channel Multiroom Amplifier (50W) R1250MC amplifier for the 6 other rooms that I want to run, with just two speakers in each room. It looks like there are independent line in ports for each zone.

1. It this amp supported by the BLRussound HS3 plugin?

2. Can you have them all run off one source or a source for each room at the same time (without having to rewire it, so maybe listen too one source in two of the rooms and one source in another, or the same source like an intercom for all of them?)

3. What do I do to integrate speakers that I would like connected to these sources, but want to run them primarily off of a different amp like my Cinema Grands?

4. Instead of having different receivers and different blu ray players in each room, can I have maybe two receivers that I can choose which zone to run when and where I want it and van run either in different rooms?

5. Can I cut down to two Satellite receivers if I am ok with only being able to watch two different things at a time?
      Last edited by BtrSound; October 11, 2013, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BtrSound View Post
        In my master bedroom, I am planning on having 5.1 surround sound with the 5.1 being in wall speakers.

I want to be able to watch a movie in surround sound with the speakers with a receiver In the room (but hidden)

I also want the speakers to serve as part of the whole home audio system, and the speakers that the intercom and voice reminders, etc. come form.

Can this be done?

How would I do this?
        I have installed speakers, in a retail environment, that are designed to go in sheetrock. Once they are installed and the sheetrock finished around the speaker, they are completely invisible. In a retail setting, they are installed in a sheetrock ceiling. For home theatre, you would want to put them in wall. I'm not sure there would be enough depth in the wall or that they would fit between the standard stud spacing. In any case, I'll look for the manufacture and post it back here.

Ken

Comment

Ken,

First off, thank you very much for your response. I have found some a/b automatic speaker level switches that should work, but they are very expensive. I need about 26 of them and they are about $65 each. If you or anyone else knows of anything less expensive, I am all ears. I like the clean look of the in wall speakers over like the sonos.

Comment

Working...
          X