http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=65
    - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
    Web Site
    YouTube Channel

Comment

That did it!!!

THank you!!!

Do you have it working with your mobile device at all? if so, what address did you use?
      Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

I do have it working on my mobile device via HSTouch. You don't have to change anything. HSTouch retrieves the image via the LAN and forwards it through the HSTouch interface. Therefore, no special URL or additional port forwarding is needed. I think you pay a bit of a frame rate price for this, but it is convenient. You may want to play with image size and quality to get a better frame rate on a mobile HSTouch project.
        - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
        Web Site
        YouTube Channel

Comment

I use the same URL as the one I put into he WebGui... gotcha...

I am trying to access it on my mobile without going to HS TOuch or HS. The directions are vague as hell..

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

HSTouch is grabbing a series of still images in rapid sequence to display motion. If you want to display motion outside of HSTouch, you would want to use something like...

http://ip_addr/img/mjpeg.cgi

... in a browser. You can try this link in a local firefox or chrome if you want to test. To access this from outside of your LAN you will have to setup the correct port forwarding on your router. There are other ways to do this too like using "webcam 7" or such. The camera also supports other kinds of streams as well.
            - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
            Web Site
            YouTube Channel

Comment

Thanks, Tom!

The manual says you can go to "rtsp://IPadd:554" but that does not work in my android device and I know that supports rtsp...

It will give yours a go...

Comment

I haven't tried it so I don't know which ones, but you might check out some of the video player apps. Some of these may take a RTSP stream.
                - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                Web Site
                YouTube Channel

Comment

Pete, thanks to your HSTouch I got it to work as well, and I was successful in getting NetCam working as well. Unfortunately I cannot get to display any image to my Archos 101. Do you guys have any experience with it?
                  Thanks,
                  Aldo

Comment

Android does not seem to play nice with this cams in the native browse. There is an app called TinyCam (free) which I am working with the developer to add support for our cams.

Odd that the apple borwser works but not chrome or Skyfire, or Opera.

Comment

Really nice application, so if I understand it right the apps currently does not work with these camera?

Comment

Correct, however, I have just finished with the developer and the new version (due out in a week or so) will support these cams NATIVELY. I can't wait!

Comment

Great, looking forward to it. Please let us know when it is out.

Thanks,
                          Aldo

Comment

I found a Radio Shack that still had 2 Wired IP cams and 2 wireless IP cams. I bought one of the wired cams. I asked if the wireless cams would be priced reduced further. The store manager said "probably, there is no interest".

The store also had lots of GE Z-wave modules on sale for 9.99 each.

An earlier post in this thread says: They don't support "association". What does this mean? I am not a Z-wave user, but I would like to set up some appliance modules if they are more reliable than X10.

Steve Q
                            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                            2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

How are you guys powering these things? I'll be wiring the cat5 from my av/HA closet to the attic to the destinations. any suggestions?

Ian
                              Plugins:
                              BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Same question. I am currently plugging each in, but would rather run try to pull power to all of them over a CAT5 from a single power source through the attic... was thinking of cutting the power cord and running the power (9v if I remember - not at home now) over cat5 (4 wires for +, and 4 wires for -). then plugging in the automation closet. either all of them seperately into a power strip, or looking for a 9v power block with more amps that can handel all of them... Probalby some voltage loss over the length... not an electrician... maybe someonle else has experience with this?

Comment

Working...
                                X