Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

guys, all i can do is provide you with a version that will let you tweak the hub polling frequency and hub response timeout, but that's about it.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Have to agree with Mark. The software architecture of the hub, the way it presents for the PI to consume, is unusual. It uses RESTful web services in a scenario that meets the definition of a real time system. The complexities of the VM mean it can't keep up.

It might work on a VM in some cases, but its not a surprise that it doesn't sometime. The hypervisor, processor speed, os and hw vm capabilities all affect it. Its not clear to me how changes to the PI could resolve these complexities, other than allowing you to relax its polling persistence.

The possibilities to remediate VM related problems are:
      1) Slow down polling so the VM can keep the plugin happy
      2) Research tuning real time apps on VMs on the web
      3) Make sure that the hub and PC are on the same physical switch. Probably true and only a marginal chance it will change things if not.
      4) Try a traditional PLM, however serial/USB can be equally problematic for VMs
      Paul

Comment

Originally posted by heatvent View Post
        I am having a similar issue. I moved to and ESXi based VM and after a few minutes or so, the plugin loses connectivity with the hub. The VM can still access the webpage for the hub but I have to restart HS to get it to connect again. Any ideas?
        please try the latest beta i posted on the v1.9 thread. there are instructions at the bottom of the first post about the config tweaks you can make.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=158453
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

New Insteon Hub as a network enabled PLM

Mark

I think I fixed my problem. I was using a RealTek Nic card which is only semi supported On ESXi. I dropped in an Intel based card and haven't had issues since for about 24 hours. However, having this functionality in the plug-in may be useful for general troubleshooting. So it may be a good thing to add anyway. Thanks

Comment

Mark, now I am getting an error that is saved in the insteon error log. The error is as follows:

Error: Error in TransmitGroupCleanup: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow. -- Details System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
            at Insteon.Support.Core.InsteonModule.SendGroupCleanupMsg(Trans mitMsgType Msg) -- 11/2/2013 7:48:46 AM

I tried rebooting HS and the Hub. I can send you the log file if you tell me how you want it sent.

Thanks

Comment

Mark, now I am getting an error that is saved in the insteon error log. The error is as follows:

Error: Error in TransmitGroupCleanup: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow. -- Details System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
              at Insteon.Support.Core.InsteonModule.SendGroupCleanupMsg(Trans mitMsgType Msg) -- 11/2/2013 7:48:46 AM

I tried rebooting HS and the Hub. I can send you the log file if you tell me how you want it sent.

Thanks
              are you using 1.9.3.7 that i just posted?

please try adding the ini settings and see if the error goes away.

otherwise rollback, and i'll take a look
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thanks
                i don't need the whole log file, can you post the entries that lead up to this error. looks a group was trigger
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I am on 1.9.3.2. Attached is an excerpt of the error log file, as requested...
                  Attached Files

Comment

I am on 1.9.3.2. Attached is an excerpt of the error log file, as requested...
                    do you get this error everytime you activate group 13
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark, I have been troubleshooting best I could but I think I need your help. I am having issues reading/writing links to devices. Attached is a sample of the error from when I tried to read the links for a keypadlinc. I have done the following the try to trackdown/fix the issue:

* Reset the hub to factory defaults and then restored its database using your plugin. This went well but did not fix anything.
                      * Reset one of my devices to factory defaults. Again, no help.
                      * Upgraded to latest plugin. No change.
                      * Moved HS to another computer to see if it was a networking issue, no change.
                      * Fired up HS3 and tried the Insteon plugin under HS3, again same result.

This could possibly be something failed on the hub, wouldn't surprise me give the SH track record with this device. Before I went down that path I was hoping you could give me your thoughts on whether it could be something with the plugin or that I could troubleshoot further to pinpoint the issue.

Thanks
                      Attached Files

Comment

Mark, I have been troubleshooting best I could but I think I need your help. I am having issues reading/writing links to devices. Attached is a sample of the error from when I tried to read the links for a keypadlinc. I have done the following the try to trackdown/fix the issue:

* Reset the hub to factory defaults and then restored its database using your plugin. This went well but did not fix anything.
                        * Reset one of my devices to factory defaults. Again, no help.
                        * Upgraded to latest plugin. No change.
                        * Moved HS to another computer to see if it was a networking issue, no change.
                        * Fired up HS3 and tried the Insteon plugin under HS3, again same result.

This could possibly be something failed on the hub, wouldn't surprise me give the SH track record with this device. Before I went down that path I was hoping you could give me your thoughts on whether it could be something with the plugin or that I could troubleshoot further to pinpoint the issue.

Thanks
                        H,
                        backup and replace your insteon.dll with the attached. i added an extra exception logging entry. try to duplicate the exception in the log and repost the new log

ps stick with v1.9.3.7 for this dll
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by mnsandler; November 7, 2013, 10:03 PM. Reason: addnl comment
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                          H,
                          backup and replace your insteon.dll with the attached. i added an extra exception logging entry. try to duplicate the exception in the log and repost the new log

ps stick with v1.9.3.7 for this dll
                          OK, gave it a try. Just went to read the links of the same keypadlinc device. Attached is the error log output.

Thanks again for the help and quick response.
                          Attached Files

Comment

can you post the [device 3] section from insteon.ini

it might be time to reset the comm stats on device 3. i think we are over running integers
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Here you go...

Also, I reset comm data for all devices. I did notice the crazy numbers I was getting for the number of attempts. Maybe this is part of the issue with the exception.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Here you go...

Also, I reset comm data for all devices. I did notice the crazy numbers I was getting for the number of attempts. Maybe this is part of the issue with the exception.
                                well you reset the comm data before you copied the [device 3] section, so everything is zeros.

if you had stat numbers close to 2,147,483,647 then i think that was the problem. this is the max value for an integer.

do you have this number on any other device?

I'll have to build in an automatic reset if the counters reach the max
                                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                                X